• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Feature to Defend in combat for 1 or more rounds

Feature to Defend in combat for 1 or more rounds

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

DeletedUser117610

Proposal:

Add a "Defend 1 Round" button to cause all troops to defend for 1 round
Add a "Defend 2 Rounds" button to cause all troops to defend for 2 rounds. Alternatively, allow clicking Defend 1 Round two times to cause defensive behaviour for 2 rounds.

Reason:

Many armies require you to defend for 1 or 2 rounds manually before you can auto attack, or manually move to engage. This is really really tedious as you repeat the same process for just about every battle. It would save a lot of player time if we could just order an army to defend for a round or 2, and then auto or manually finish the battle

Details:

Clicking the Defend 1 Round button would cause the entire army to not move on their turn, but still shoot at a target within range on their turn. A round would be defined based on all troops having an attack, and would end when the last troop attacked. So you could manually start a battle and then click Defend 1 Round, or click it right from the start, and the round would still end after the last troop had a turn

The idea to add Defend 2 Rounds is an extension of this, based on the fact that for many armies this is what most players actually do. I'd prefer this as a separate button but you could implement the same if you allowed Defend 1 Round to be pressed more than once to queue up multiple rounds of defense.

Ideally I'd want to be able to click Defend 1 Round (or better, Defend 2 Roudns) then Auto Combat immediately after to cause the 2 commands to occur in sequence - ie the army would defend for 1-2 rounds as specified, and auto combat afterwards

The new buttons would be place to the left of the SKIP TURN button. The speed and surrender buttons should be moved to the top of the screen to make extra room (IMHO these should have been in that spot anyway)

Visual Aids:

Balance:

Not required

Abuse Prevention:

Not required

Summary:

Especially with the recent addition of battlegrounds, players are finding there is just too much tedious clicking in the game. Inno need to seriously consider usability improvements such as this to reduce the tedium of mindless clicking. Most combat follows the same sequence at the start, and it takes way too long to get through that to the interesting bit - why make us do mindless tasks over and over again? This is literally part of the definition of a computer, and should be no part of a *game*

Agent327

Overlord
Reason:

Many armies require you to defend for 1 or 2 rounds manually before you can auto attack, or manually move to engage. This is really really tedious as you repeat the same process for just about every battle. It would save a lot of player time if we could just order an army to defend for a round or 2, and then auto or manually finish the battle

No army "requires" you to defend one or two rounds manually. You do it because you are not strong enough to win on autobattle. Something you can do something about yourself. No reason to have Inno waste time on this. They probably will never do so anyhow, cause it's on the DNSL.

DeletedUser117610

This isn’t a good reason to speak against an idea! Yes you just need to max all your combat buildings to kill everything on auto with no losses, so why ask for any playability improvements at all? The idea isn’t bad yeah?? It doesn’t hurt you, it’s not making the game less for others, its just fewer clicks to complete a common task for many. Why not just support it?

This idea is not in the DNSL AFAIK. If you truly believe otherwise please cite the reference.

I notice you haven’t linked a duplicate on this one, just pointing it out so you can correct the oversight ;)

Agent327

Overlord
This isn’t a good reason to speak against an idea!

So you decide if a reason is good or not?

Yes you just need to max all your combat buildings to kill everything on auto with no losses, so why ask for any playability improvements at all? The idea isn’t bad yeah?? It doesn’t hurt you, it’s not making the game less for others, its just fewer clicks to complete a common task for many. Why not just support it?

So cause you are not good enough at the game it needs to be made easier for you? How can suffering less losses be a playability improvement? Losses are part of the game. That you have more losses than me is part of the game. If you want the same chances as me, work for it. Why should it be handed to you?

This idea is not in the DNSL AFAIK. If you truly believe otherwise please cite the reference.

• Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.
  • Extreme changes (new battle system, ...)
Wanting less losses is making the game easier. Two new buttons is a new battle system.

I notice you haven’t linked a duplicate on this one, just pointing it out so you can correct the oversight ;)

So now you feel proud that of all your great ideas one actually is an original?

Blayze99

Private
I personally have had to hold position for a turn or two like you say Grok, and although I would not rate this a high priority at all, it would make things a bit faster and user friendly.

So cause you are not good enough at the game it needs to be made easier for you? How can suffering less losses be a playability improvement? Losses are part of the game. That you have more losses than me is part of the game. If you want the same chances as me, work for it. Why should it be handed to you?

I believe that manually fighting battles is a much larger form of skill expression than accumulating bonuses over a period of time so you can press a button and auto win. This change also does nothing to change the amount of losses that will be sustained.

Agent327

Overlord
I believe that manually fighting battles is a much larger form of skill expression than accumulating bonuses over a period of time so you can press a button and auto win.

Good. In that case you will be against buttons that make it semi-auto fighting.

DeletedUser110603

As this would result in significant changes to the battle system and make the game easier with less strategy involved this has been on the DNSL and closed.