• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Favourite Att/Def Buildings and sets

Usual Suspect

Corporal
I have noticed many different buildings and sets are repeated in a lot of the vet players cities, some are very powerful to the footprint they leave.
Wondering which are your go-to choices and combos with sets :)
I am loving the add on buildings with the barn... I maxed out three wheat fields and an ochre- 30% coin, 12% supply, 36% att, and 8% def.
screenshot-en7.forgeofempires.com-2020.09.11-05_27_51.png

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
Cherry sets, swapping out the ponds for an extra Sakura rock.

Event buildings aside, the standard non-set combat buildings are Checkmate Square, Rotunda, Carousel, Royal Marble Gateway.

Don’t be in a hurry to place any of these early though, you’ll want the space for fp buildings to get Arc 80 Chateaux 60+ up quickly before pivoting to combat. Personally I want to Arc 100 Chateauux 90 before pivoting but that’s not necessary. Like every game, you need to min/max to really get an engine roaring and you don’t achieve that with a mismatch of strategies.

Last edited:

Usual Suspect

Corporal
I have seen many of those buildings and sets, in multiples, in the vet players city's... especially the cherry sets and the carousels.
My focus now is to camp at Colonial, battling two lvls ahead of me, building my att sets (mostly in my items till I have full set/upgrades), and adding att buildings, and getting my military GBs to lvl 10. After lvl 10 going to focus on ark. Also with my FPs I am aiding a high lvl ark and trying to maintain 1st, which is easier said than done with the ark benefits others have... they contribute more than the place awards. Seems like a lot but I have it under control :) I notice many vets talking about the chateaux GB, is increases awards from the GE ?

Usual Suspect

Corporal
I was bored so I have been playin around with the barn set... everything is maxed.
Two Sunflower patches, Two Ochre, Two Begonia, Three Wheat, and the barn taps out Four Buildings (duplicate buildings dont count).
I get almost 1600 serfs, 6000 happiness, 20 FPs, 30% coin, 24% supplies, 16% def, and 36% att...
screenshot-en7.forgeofempires.com-2020.09.17-01_44_26.png

Usual Suspect

Corporal
This is what I am going for this event...
O= Ochre
W= Wheat
B= Belongia
A= Autumn
S= Sunflower

Two options, 1st I would have to drop more coin but the 2nd I will have the required buildings...
1st 10x13, 2nd 12x8- everything maxed
Barn set.png

FoE Barn set 2.png