• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Faulty Research costs for Food Processing?

• Thread starter DeletedUser110301
  • Start date

DeletedUser110301

• World: http://en10.forgeofempires.com/ , "Korch"
  • Browser and Version: Firefox 50.1.0
  • Overview of the bug: The cost of the Food Processing research in the Modern Age needs 430 whale oil, possibly an unintended typo
  • Screenshots: ---
  • How often this occurs: ---
  • Urgency: probably not that high
  • Preventative Actions: ---
  • Summary: ---
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum: ---
Hello everyone. In spirit of this (https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...-missile-artillery-research-4-5m-coins.27869/) thread, I want to ask if it's intended that the Modern Age Research "Food Processing" needs 430 whale oil to be unlocked? It's by far the highest amount for any good in that age. It's also very easy to accidentially hit the "4" key instead of "1" if you use the numpad, that's why I assume that it could be a typo.

Have a nice day!

DeletedUser110433

If you recalculate the costs it is not so different. Let`s take PE goods as a guide line. 430 IE is 215 PE, so the tech costs 315 PE in total, as comparison Prefabrication costs 300. Then next techs are cheaper, but then ME costs step in, and anything that costs ME is significantly more expensive (at least 400 if converted to PE) The amplitude of costs is rather large but looks accurate for what you get, and what you can do afterwards.

DeletedUser96901

the value MUST be correct

why?
because in the tech tree all 5 industrial age goods are needed 1000 in total (from industrial to postmodern era)

so it may be high for one research but it has the correct amount when counting all goods from industrial age in all 4 eras you need them in research

It's also very easy to accidentially hit the "4" key instead of "1" if you use the numpad, that's why I assume that it could be a typo.
true but with 130 we would need 300 too less in the complete research compared with the other goods from IA ;)

DeletedUser107573

Thank you for your concern. According to the information we currently have at hand, this is indeed the correct value for unlocking this tech.