• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Farming City - Do's and Don't's

DeletedUser111420

Good evening Emperors/Empresses,

For those of you experienced enough to have dedicated farming cities, I have a few questions as I'm starting to cultivate a few of my own...

1) Guild Expedition: How often/to what limit do you compete in GE? The purpose of a farm is to generate diamond income and this can often be the best way of doing it - however this means dedicating resources to generating goods/growing battle GB's.

2) Technology vs. Chateau: It's no secret that the Chateau is at the heard of every good farm(along side a horde of WW/Shrines). I can imagine buying goods on a new server can be a bit of an issue so do you power through all ages until you hit Progressive when you can gather your own goods then hit through the missed quests? I'd also be keen to hear if you balance obtaining Chat BP's with Tech or just hit Progressive outright then worry about Chat BP's & Goods?

3) Great Buildings: If you said yes to section one, does a good farmer work on goods buildings through the ages at speed or get a Zeus down and levelled to compete GE? I'd assume the former as Zeus would take FP away from hitting Prog/Chateau status.

4) Arc(?): In the long run, once your Chateau is up, you're going to want to level it as fast as possible. Would you hunt an Arc along side to level both simultaneously?

I'm seasoned in Forge of Empires but brand new to farming so if you have any good advice or want to ask anything, please post below :)

- Isaiiah