• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fall Event 2021 Feedback

Just received an event quest which wants me to finish each production option once.
How do I do this without building every production building of my age?
Build Blacksmiths. It doesn't have to be from your own age.
If you're impatient: Rush the productions with Mass Supply Rush items, if you have any. If you have a Finish Supply Production use it on the 12h production.

Last edited:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Quest like this are exactly why I keep a small field of Blacksmiths in my cities...

Whether it's event quest lines, or Daily Challenges, having 16-20+ Blacksmiths takes up little space, and means I'm never left hanging for very long waiting on crap to finish.:P

Quest like this are exactly why I keep a small field of Blacksmiths in my cities...

Whether it's event quest lines, or Daily Challenges, having 16-20+ Blacksmiths takes up little space, and means I'm never left hanging for very long waiting on crap to finish.:P
I used to only build blacksmiths for events and then demolish them after the events. But now we have so many events, daily challenges and whatnot with endless rows or productions quests, so I just leave the blacksmiths in the city.
Small sleigh builders and magnum opus' good for production quests too.

Iran the Red

Private
I have become use to the variables of the events. One cannot expect much more in variety from the quests, there is only so much they can do using the games mechanics.
I am disturbed by the recent appearance of a huge amount of aquire sectors on the continent map quests. If a player is using the recurring quests, these acquire quests shut you down. I have had to reject daily quest rewards and struggle with the optional quest in events.
The advancement on the world continent map is often a personal matter linked to how one plays their city.
These aquire sectors quests come across as "play the way we tell you to or screw you".

I have become use to the variables of the events. One cannot expect much more in variety from the quests, there is only so much they can do using the games mechanics.
I am disturbed by the recent appearance of a huge amount of aquire sectors on the continent map quests. If a player is using the recurring quests, these acquire quests shut you down. I have had to reject daily quest rewards and struggle with the optional quest in events.
The advancement on the world continent map is often a personal matter linked to how one plays their city.
These aquire sectors quests come across as "play the way we tell you to or screw you".
There's always an alternative to map quests. No quests forces you to advance on the map.

Forwandert

Major-General
I think they mean on the daily quests for the 2 extra ingredients. From memory I think I read somewhere if you leave the continent map without any sectors to take ie take all available and don't scout anymore it stops those quests.

I think they mean on the daily quests for the 2 extra ingredients. From memory I think I read somewhere if you leave the continent map without any sectors to take ie take all available and don't scout anymore it stops those quests.
Yes, that's correct. You only get map quests from the Daily Challenge if you have unfinished sectors on the map or if you're scouting for new provinces.

Last edited:

Any Empire

Sergeant
The main event building is not exciting, but useful to new and mid-level players.

It's just that this event, and most of them lately, all seem a bit dull. While there have always been production quests, there are quite a few more than last year. That's just boring and not a lot of fun, and certainly not challenging in a strategic, interesting way. I think that more fun coudl be added, without making the gmae easier or less profitable for Inno. There could be more effort to vary quests, add in some creative bits and jsut mix things up a bit. Players have lots of good ideas, and I feel that creativity is not being well used by Inno.

I filled out a survey on FoE recently, sent by Inno. I noted that FoE, over the last 4 years, is turning more into a chore than a pleasant diversion from work, while the creativity seems to have peaked.

I’ve slowly stopped doing many parts, as playing FoE just eats up too much time, for too little fun. I stopped doing cultural settlements a while ago, and ignored PvP after trying it for 6 weeks. Even GBG is getting tedious. And while I’ve been able to get event buildings almost always, I’m too bored to try to complete most events; I just go after a few of the daily prizes.

To be fair, FoE really is free to play; you can get almost everything available without spending any real money. It takes some effort, but it is quite possible to build up a good stash of diamonds just from playing 4 levels of GE each week. That is really quite good and, frankly, rare, so Inno deserves real applause for that.

Also, Inno is increasing its profits and per player revenues, so you can’t say their strategy is not paying off.

However, for me it’s just not quite fun enough.

So today I’ve deleted all 3 of my EN cities, leaving just 1 US and 1 Beta city. And it was surprisingly easy to let go of them, despite it representing 4 years of work to build up each one. That alone tells me that FoE, despite many positives, is just not offering enough to make me want to invest my time.

Take care and stay safe. AE

I used to only build blacksmiths for events and then demolish them after the events. But now we have so many events, daily challenges and whatnot with endless rows or productions quests, so I just leave the blacksmiths in the city.
Small sleigh builders and magnum opus' good for production quests too.

True, but the main objective of my Empire is aesthetic beauty and symmetry. Blacksmiths aren't very attractive nor do they blend in smoothly with my decor, so I only keep them in my Villages for the Events, then demolish them afterwards.

2edgy4me

Private
The Grand Prize is a bit bland tbh, it's like the effects of a shinto temple (3x4) but twice the length (6x4) and nearly 1/3 as efficient for forge points and goods. Definitely prefer the daily prizes over the grand prize for this one, same for Halloween. That main prize also looks equally underwhelming.

cyllan

Corporal
The main event building is not exciting, but useful to new and mid-level players.

It's just that this event, and most of them lately, all seem a bit dull. While there have always been production quests, there are quite a few more than last year. That's just boring and not a lot of fun, and certainly not challenging in a strategic, interesting way. I think that more fun coudl be added, without making the gmae easier or less profitable for Inno. There could be more effort to vary quests, add in some creative bits and jsut mix things up a bit. Players have lots of good ideas, and I feel that creativity is not being well used by Inno.

I filled out a survey on FoE recently, sent by Inno. I noted that FoE, over the last 4 years, is turning more into a chore than a pleasant diversion from work, while the creativity seems to have peaked.

I’ve slowly stopped doing many parts, as playing FoE just eats up too much time, for too little fun. I stopped doing cultural settlements a while ago, and ignored PvP after trying it for 6 weeks. Even GBG is getting tedious. And while I’ve been able to get event buildings almost always, I’m too bored to try to complete most events; I just go after a few of the daily prizes.

To be fair, FoE really is free to play; you can get almost everything available without spending any real money. It takes some effort, but it is quite possible to build up a good stash of diamonds just from playing 4 levels of GE each week. That is really quite good and, frankly, rare, so Inno deserves real applause for that.

Also, Inno is increasing its profits and per player revenues, so you can’t say their strategy is not paying off.

However, for me it’s just not quite fun enough.

So today I’ve deleted all 3 of my EN cities, leaving just 1 US and 1 Beta city. And it was surprisingly easy to let go of them, despite it representing 4 years of work to build up each one. That alone tells me that FoE, despite many positives, is just not offering enough to make me want to invest my time.

Take care and stay safe. AE
well that is the strategy of this game, suck the players dry economically, with the hope that this is " civilization online" at the end it isnt by a long shot, is boring and repetitive as hell , but once you BUY THE DIAMONDS IT IS ALL OVER, you spend $50 , that is a whole player paid for, many players have spent a fortune....we just have to make sure we dont make same mistake again with mobile games

Behelit

Private
WW and WW shrink kit available as Grand Prizes. Chance of fragments of WW and WW shrink kit available from one of the cakes (caramel bites).

Well. you said daily prize.. 1 shrink it and some leftovers fragments are something else entirely...