• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fall Event 2021 Feedback

vfrmark

Master Corporal
I did win a WW from grand prize, but pretty sure I got one in daily prizes but only via swopping the thing that was there, agreed it might have been fragments as was not collecting WW so did not hang around as not pleased with swop.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
So with the added ingredients from doing all possible Daily Challenges + incident drops, it looks like I'll be able to finish around 206-210 league pts for 0 dias.
That's enough to fully evolve a Lv.9 Golden Crops, (not placing it though, 'cause it sucks!:P), and gain the 2nd Lv.1 base building from the grand prize rotation.

As far as dailies go, man oh man did I ever get royally fethed over by the RNG this time!
All those ingredients and only managed to pull in 6 Harvest selction kits?! :( Ouchie...

Burpo

Sergeant
All those ingredients and only managed to pull in 6 Harvest selction kits?! :( Ouchie...
Yes, I know about fragments and shrink kit. Miss the times when you could get more than 10 from one event...
Sigh - what sort of a game would it be if everybody got 100 prizes of whatever they wanted from every event.
The game would be over after 6 months.

I miss the days where it took 'hard work' and months of planning to get a single valuable reward.

Burpo

Sergeant
For example - the Necropolis used to be a desirable building because of its large happiness per square ratio.
But it took a few years of halloween events to get the fully upgraded graveyard.
THAT was a goal worth pursuing and it was fun and a worthy achievement to finally get there.
Unfortunately it didn't take long before the building was rendered useless by inflation.

Behelit

Private
For example - the Necropolis used to be a desirable building because of its large happiness per square ratio.
But it took a few years of halloween events to get the fully upgraded graveyard.
THAT was a goal worth pursuing and it was fun and a worthy achievement to finally get there.
Unfortunately it didn't take long before the building was rendered useless by inflation.

What sort of a game would it be without the power creep? You need some game changers and new goals to pursue, or else the game would be over after 6 months ;)

Burpo

Sergeant
What sort of a game would it be without the power creep? You need some game changers and new goals to pursue, or else the game would be over after 6 months ;)
I agree but the operative word here is "creep" (meaning slow).
These days any building is obsolete within 6 months.
I remember how great the Pirate Ship was when it first came out. Didn't last very long.

Behelit

Private
I agree but the operative word here is "creep" (meaning slow).
These days any building is obsolete within 6 months.
I remember how great the Pirate Ship was when it first came out. Didn't last very long.

Well, this is the fall eventv thread, and the main prize won't last even 6 months, as it's worse than what came before it, but from the wider picture - yes, I agree. I'm one of the new players, so I don't know the "times of struggle", but I agree that the power creep should be somehow slowed down.. Soon event buildings will be better than settlements rewards, which would be unacceptable in my eyes.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
The Golden Crops is pretty decent for early game players, especially those who don't 'camp' for 12-18+ months in an early era... campers & mid/later era players will of course instead be focusing on the Harvest set from the daily specials, since those attacking army bonuses are the main focus once you've built up your main GB's like Arc/military GB's, etc..., ample goods supplies & daily fp intake.
We've had some pretty solid grand prizes this year for the military focused players - namely the Eagle's Reserve + Pirate's Hideout. Other prizes have like the current one, and the Suishin Mill, Athelon Abby, etc... have been better for 'farmer' type players.
While the Halloween event's set building is just pure trash, the Winter event's grand prize looks to be a really, really good one!;)

While I got skunked hard on the dailies this year, I managed to end the event with 210 ingredients spent for free, and am solidly in Silver league by 15pts with less than 5hrs to go, so fingers crossed, I should easily be able to stay in Silver!:)

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
While I got skunked hard on the dailies this year, I managed to end the event with 210 ingredients spent for free, and am solidly in Silver league by 15pts with less than 5hrs to go, so fingers crossed, I should easily be able to stay in Silver!:)
I am somewhat similiar boat, not very interested in the Event Building, but was pleased with the Daily specials - 6 harvest fields and 16 Sept Cottages, so I got to build a couple and have a couple kits for later usage. These were the dailies I aimed for and though I would have preferred more fields than cottages, I have no complaint. If the Event Building and the fragments for the 1Up Kit were not so long to obtain (30 days minimum), I might have built it, but that would be my only minor complaint.

Burpo

Sergeant
Well, this is the fall eventv thread, and the main prize won't last even 6 months, as it's worse than what came before it, but from the wider picture - yes, I agree. I'm one of the new players, so I don't know the "times of struggle", but I agree that the power creep should be somehow slowed down.. Soon event buildings will be better than settlements rewards, which would be unacceptable in my eyes.
I agree with this too - the fully upgraded settlement buildings take a lot of months to acquire.
They should be a standout prize especially since you can only have one of them.

It is a pity the Mughal Temple is very average.

Halsfjord

Private
As a suggestion: can you please turn off the pop up every time one collects from the golden crops lvl 9 building. This pop-up says that you now received one fragment of a one up kit. It is really not that great that you have to collect every day for a month to get something. And moreover, you really do not need be be reminded of that 30 times.

Last edited: