• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fall Event 2020 Feedback Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I just have one question, why is it a requirement to make a league to complete the event prize for free?

80% of people will 100% on a server not be maxing out the base set. You almost have to go the just pure field route to get much out of this event if you play it free, unless you can play it daily and complete every single daily challenge on every single day.

Not to mention its 5,000 diamonds per extra field on average.

Just seems way to "we must milk our player base" focused.

r21r

Major-General
80% of people will 100% on a server not be maxing out the base set. You almost have to go the just pure field route to get much out of this event if you play it free, unless you can play it daily and complete every single daily challenge on every single day.
i threw 3.5k diamonds and i am a star baker :D
got x6 cottage kits, hopefully sentinels won't come otherwise i will come moan with the rest people haha <3
1599774409278.png

Last edited:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel

So hello "Chris"

This is what I was trying to talk about

If you planned ahead for the event, and set 21 blacksmiths on 8-h production

But the quest requires 22 times of 8-h production

You'll still need to wait for 8 hours the same as no planning at all

Plus those 21 blacksmiths are reserved for later quest and cannot be used for earlier 15-minute productions

("Supply rush" items are different story)

r21r

Major-General
So hello "Chris"

This is what I was trying to talk about

If you planned ahead for the event, and set 21 blacksmiths on 8-h production

But the quest requires 22 times of 8-h production

You'll still need to wait for 8 hours the same as no planning at all

Plus those 21 blacksmiths are reserved for later quest and cannot be used for earlier 15-minute productions

("Supply rush" items are different story)
Well, i didn't exactly "planned" this pic is from my bronze city, the rest of my cities are not even in the middle lol..
but the bronze q-line was made in ~30min.
Also doing both qlines together helped a lot

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I just have one question, why is it a requirement to make a league to complete the event prize for free?

Not to mention its 5,000 diamonds per extra field on average.

Just seems way to "we must milk our player base" focused.
Normally this might be an issue, but really;
1. Anyone who 100%'s the event will be all but guaranteed to land in Apprentice and get 1x fields kit.
2. The Barn itself is steaming pile of gak, and only of value to maybe an Iron/EMA player who doesn't have their main economy buildings going yet... and even then, it's still a dumpster fire!

This event is all about the fields.
Either leave the Barn itself in your inventory for 'completion' purposes, if say you're that madly obsessive JRPG type who *has* to collect at least 1 of everything, or sell it to the AD.

(Note: this post is in NO WAY an admission that I am in fact a hopeless JRPG completionist who must collect 1+ of everything possible... >.> )

GADfan

Warrant Officer
I am finding this event frustrating and, though I intended to remain casual about it, exciting. The challenges being asked of me are irritating (that's good, Inno, I respect that), I mean "Finish an 8-hour production 12 times in a production building" or the even worse, "Finish a 4-hour production 16 times in a production building".

Yes, it's always useful to find room for several (more) blacksmiths before an event :D

r21r

Major-General
1599840965682.png

that's really cool, i got this challenge option in all my worlds today, and on 1 yesterday !
please do it on all events :D

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Yeah, just fingers crossed to not get the daily challenge of completing 60 minute productions haha

Suttegris

Private
The rewards are good, but the questline is a Zombie generator.

- Destroy your beautiful empire to make room for useless buildings that produce useless supplies.
- Destroy perfectly fine road only to rebuild it for happiness.
- Build useless building only to sell it to get the coins/supplies.
- Aid your peers... right... this one may awake some of your zombie guildmates and neighbours. But the active players may hold back because they know there is a quest coming up soon.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
The rewards are good, but the questline is a Zombie generator.

- Destroy your beautiful empire to make room for useless buildings that produce useless supplies.
a) Supplies are NEVER useless, especially since later techs will demand millions per tech.
b) "Good" players always keep some 'dead space/flex space' in their cities so they can put down the Forge of Blacksmiths for events

- Destroy perfectly fine road only to rebuild it for happiness.
...or just use the umpteen hundreds/thousands of mostly useless FotA/GotSG's an active player will accumulate from weekly GE's

- Build useless building only to sell it to get the coins/supplies.
Or you can always 'save up' your daily collections the day before an event starts, and have those help out.
Every "good" active player can crush the sequential quest line within 24-72hrs max. At most it might take 2-3 days to get through everything & have your city timers reset to one's prefered collection time.

- Aid your peers... right... this one may awake some of your zombie guildmates and neighbours. But the active players may hold back because they know there is a quest coming up soon.
...again, those active players will skip 1-2 days at most, since we know how to crush events. If missing 1-2 days of aid is crippling your city, then your city needs a re-think. :P

a) Supplies are NEVER useless, especially since later techs will demand millions per tech.
b) "Good" players always keep some 'dead space/flex space' in their cities so they can put down the Forge of Blacksmiths for events

...or just use the umpteen hundreds/thousands of mostly useless FotA/GotSG's an active player will accumulate from weekly GE's

Or you can always 'save up' your daily collections the day before an event starts, and have those help out.
Every "good" active player can crush the sequential quest line within 24-72hrs max. At most it might take 2-3 days to get through everything & have your city timers reset to one's prefered collection time.

...again, those active players will skip 1-2 days at most, since we know how to crush events. If missing 1-2 days of aid is crippling your city, then your city needs a re-think. :P

You have to be very, very careful here -- some can criticize and their criticism is good and constructive, anyone else's criticism is "Bad" and oh my - dare I say it -- Trolling

These "people" have serious issues with themselves -- so watch out while treading thru the land of eggshells - you might crack 1 or 2!

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Not in the Melancholic Cities of Milton Keynes and Bromley, they're not! Haven't so much as seen an apple core in an incident!
Just keep at it - they'll turn up. :)
Between my 2 cities + my dad's new BA city yesterday, I found 2 ingredients in my main, 0 in my dia farm/goof-off city and dad got 1 in his.
The previous day, all 3 of our cities found 2 ingredients each.

I find we have better 'luck' when we only check at most twice per day for incidents. (ie: first thing when signing on in the morning, and then once more before bed time)
Having more incidents at a time helps out with the variance inherent in the RNG systems, vs. constantly picking up only 1-2 every few hours.

I just spam Memorials and sell them for happiness quests. Very cost effective
That works early game, but by the time you're into say, LMA/Colonial and especially further, it takes too damn long.
In my HMA cities, I typically need to 'gain' 500-750 or so per quest. Even at that still small amount, it's becoming tiresome having to continually build-delete-build-delete-barf...

But when your quest will demand 1000's of happiness? Yeah, I'd rather pull out 3-6 GE decos vs. 50-100+ memorials. :P