• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Fall Event 2019!

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I completed all the quests as well, and should have an L7 in every city. But getting better than Apprentice wasn't an option w/o spending significant diamonds, since I'm a non-fighter. And on some worlds I couldn't get past trainee. So I was blocked from certain rewards.
So what?
I had to 'give-up' on about 5 days worth of DC's for more ingredients because I kept getting hit with the "solve this complex/very complex negotiation" BS, and I'm not going to pay those frankly obnoxiously extortionist costs that the negotiation quests demand.

But that's my choice, and doing so meant that I ended up falling short of maybe having enough ingredients to land myself a second Lv1 cottage.
Oh well, there's always next year! (...as every single Maple Loafs fan will chant every year come May!Lol :P)

The league rewards are just some extra icing anyways, so I really don't get myself too worked up over them... If I can land myself in 'Silver', I'm overjoyed, but usually at worst, I'm able to land in Bronze. (exception being the Soccer event with the 4 leagues, where it was only really possible to land silver twice w/out diamonds)
The only event where we've had leagues where things went to gak was the carnival event, but that event was a clusterfeth in every possible way imaginable. (and thankfully, the carnival set is hot garbage;))

DeletedUser111359

So what?
I had to 'give-up' on about 5 days worth of DC's for more ingredients because I kept getting hit with the "solve this complex/very complex negotiation" BS, and I'm not going to pay those frankly obnoxiously extortionist costs that the negotiation quests demand.

But that's my choice, and doing so meant that I ended up falling short of maybe having enough ingredients to land myself a second Lv1 cottage.
Oh well, there's always next year! (...as every single Maple Loafs fan will chant every year come May!Lol :P)

The league rewards are just some extra icing anyways, so I really don't get myself too worked up over them... If I can land myself in 'Silver', I'm overjoyed, but usually at worst, I'm able to land in Bronze. (exception being the Soccer event with the 4 leagues, where it was only really possible to land silver twice w/out diamonds)
The only event where we've had leagues where things went to gak was the carnival event, but that event was a clusterfeth in every possible way imaginable. (and thankfully, the carnival set is hot garbage;))

I wouldn't have any issue at all w/ Inno setting the leagues up, so that finishing the event gets you the main reward in full, but spending diamonds to move up to the higher leagues gives rewards to people with deep pockets. I'm just not sure that them setting the event up to favor one style of play over another is in the long-term best interests of the game.

Agent327

Overlord
I play a completely combat-free game, and have a very satisfactory experience constantly, as well as a solid standing on the worlds I play.

Quest 5: Ms Appleton: "Win some (2 - 3) battles without losing OR Infiltrate 2 sectors"

Quest 10: Ms Appleton: "Recruit 3 units from your age OR Recruit 4 units from the previous age"

Quest 11: Ms Appleton: "Build 1 military building from your age OR Acquire 1 sector without fighting" and "Spend some (12 - 26) Forge Points"

How is that combat free?

Agent327

Overlord
It was possible to do the entire event w/o fighting a single battle. There has only been one event in several years, that had a quest that required fighting, and that was a single quest, over the entire event.

One in several years?????

Summer Event this year

Quest 20:

Pirate Jane: "Scout a province OR Defeat this large army"

And there are more. You think you know what you are talking about, but you don't.

Quest 5: Ms Appleton: "Win some (2 - 3) battles without losing OR Infiltrate 2 sectors"

Quest 10: Ms Appleton: "Recruit 3 units from your age OR Recruit 4 units from the previous age"

Quest 11: Ms Appleton: "Build 1 military building from your age OR Acquire 1 sector without fighting" and "Spend some (12 - 26) Forge Points"

How is that combat free?
Well you don't have to actually fight to do any of those :P

DeletedUser111359

You don't have to fight for any of your "examples". Combat is fighting. Ergo, all of those can be completed w/o any combat at all.

I never said I played a military free game. Just a combat/fighting free one.

Agent327

Overlord
You're just splitting hairs, to be a troll dude.

Am I?

Rather pittifull you have to go to the troll accusation cause you are talking crap.

I play a completely combat-free game

You were already fighting in the tutorial, so how can you call that a combat free game?

You play on 5 worlds. You have a total of 237 fights listed. True, it isn't much, but it sure isn't combat free. You can call me a troll, but you are the real one with your "combat free" crap!

Boorg

Captain
All this complaining and grumbling about this and that!!! :? :? :?

The Game, Events, Quests, etc are what they are and we should all know that!!!

Therefore why should someone expect that everything changes on their behalf? :? :? :?

What you are saying is “I can fly” but you have no wings to do so!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If there is something that you don’t like don’t participate, it’s as simple as that!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Nobody is forcing anybody!!!

Apart from that this is a FREE GAME and anyone playing for Free should NOT expect to receive the same rewards as those that fork out real cash!!!

If somebody wants to be with the TOP 5% he has every right to be able to get there and the solution for that is very simple, spend Diamonds like those that have already reached that goal and you could also be one of the TOP 5%!!! :D :D :D

Why don’t we all suggest that we are given the Event Rewards without having to do the Event Quests, or better still why have the Events at all, just give us the Event Rewards, now that would be much better. :P :P :P

That would be nice wouldn’t it?

Pull up your socks and don’t complain because you want everything easy and your way!

As always I got what I wanted from the Event without having to spend Diamonds therefore I feel that the Event was just and fair for everybody. If you failed to get what you wanted it most probably is only your fault!!!

Further more one Cottage was easily attainable without the need to spend Diamonds but if somebody wanted more than one Cottage Diamonds need to be spent!!!

Edit

Last edited:

Boorg

Captain
and thankfully, the carnival set is hot garbage

That is your opinion, maybe because you were not up to the challenge!
Only you know the answer to that question!

You call a set building that provides Attack, Defence, Coin and Supply percentage increase, Happiness, Coins, Supplies, Goods, Forge Points, and Medals “hot garbage”? :? :? :?

The Forge Points alone justify its footprint!!!

Do you really know what you are saying?

Nope, you did a poor job of properly balancing your ingredients...

You keep telling people that they failed and you seem to enjoy doing it, but you don’t want to admit how miserably you have failed the Carnival Event. On the contrary you are saying that the Carnival Event was impossible and that the Piazza Set is “hot garbage”, a very nice way to cover up your failures!!!

It's like the story of "The wolf and the grapes"

We all know that the Carnival Event was more challenging but that does not mean it was impossible, in fact it was very possible if the right tactics were used.

FOR EVERY PROBLEM THERE IS ALWAYS A SOLUTION!

Obviously I don’t expect you to know anything about that.

Finally I feel that you should stop telling people that they failed every time in every Event and probably it might be better if you looked at the mirror to see your own failures.

Edit

Last edited:

DeletedUser107616

How is that combat free?
Quest 20:

Pirate Jane: "Scout a province OR Defeat this large army"

And there are more. You think you know what you are talking about, but you don't.

but they are combat actions

Infiltrate 2 sectors
Recruit 4 units
Build 1 military building
Acquire 1 sector without fighting
Scout a province

:lol: NONE of those are about combat
but they are combat actions

You think you know what you are talking about, but you don't
OBVIOUSLY you don't know what you are talking about.
:lol: every single example you posted is WRONG

----------------------------------------------------------

And still, no one here posts the real problems with the event - so that inno would hopefully improve - which is one of the reasons for this thread...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There was nothing wrong with the Event and therefore nothing to improve. It worked fine for me and that's all that matters. Whinging about nothing is what this Thread is about.

DeletedUser107616

1 problem is being unable to buy 1 single fp when the bar is at 10...however it can go past 100, in fact over 200fps.

another is, deleting something counts towards "gain" population, yet it DOESN'T have the same effect on "gain" happiness - it works for one thing but not the other.

Whinging about nothing is what this Thread is about
...it's what this forum is about.

I've tried numerous times to discuss elements of the game - both positives & negatives, and the 2nd post for those are not follow-ups to them, but an attempted defence of my thoughts, and corrections of purposfully constructed incorrect & insignificant information specifically designed to derail the thread & confuse the readers...

Agent327

Overlord
1 problem is being unable to buy 1 single fp when the bar is at 10...however it can go past 100, in fact over 200fps.

How can that be a problem if you can empty your bar? :o

another is, deleting something counts towards "gain" population, yet it DOESN'T have the same effect on "gain" happiness - it works for one thing but not the other.

It all depends on what you delete.

I've tried numerous times to discuss elements of the game - both positives & negatives, and the 2nd post for those are not follow-ups to them, but an attempted defence of my thoughts, and corrections of purposfully constructed incorrect & insignificant information specifically designed to derail the thread & confuse the readers...

That's how you see it. Others see your ideas for what they are worth.

DeletedUser107616

How can that be a problem if you can empty your bar? :o
the problem is not the inability to empty the bar - you know what the problem is, & again you have tried to change the meaning...
DO I ACTUALLY HAVE TO SAY IT...AGAIN?
The situation with a 100+ or 200+ fp bar is the very definition of "problem"

It all depends on what you delete.
you didn't get this either?
when population is returned AFTER deleting a building - that gain in population counts when asked to "gain population"
yet doing the same thing...and RETURNING happiness, DOESN'T count.. the word: INCONSISTANT.

That's how you see it. Others see your ideas for what they are worth.
A handfull of ideas I have had have been implemented (not saying inno wread mine)
More than a few of my ideas - other people have had, well known people and many of those ideas got most +1's
You rip apart ideas by bringing up points that don't relate to the idea and everything gets lost in your incoherent gibberish

How many ideas have you come up with ? NONE !!

That's how you see it
That's how it is !
and proof of that is ALL OVER THIS FORUM!

Everyone else on here want's to share their thought about the game, All you do is rip apart their thoughts & contribute nothing positive & people end up leaving this forum for good!

DeletedUser

But you still maintain the same number of total population regardless of whether or not they are employed so, the requirement for Happiness remains the same. I sort of get where you are coming from re: "Gain Pop" but experience shows that stipulation to be satisfied by increasing the unemployed Pop and not total.

Status
Not open for further replies.