• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Fall Event 2019!

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111359

Having the event currency be available in DC's, when there's a tiered reward system for the end of the event, puts certain play styles at a marked disadvantage to others.

If you're a player that never fights, then at least 1/3 of the DC's are unattainable, and the odds of you getting anything better than Trainee for the final is greatly reduced, regardless of how well you do on the actual event itself.

DeletedUser112917

out of the 7 games i play only 1 was i able to get to level 7 of this fall event without using diamonds! i play every day and all other quests played have always been completed just by finishing the quest. this one was awful! and what's with all the fighting! there was just too much of it during this quest :(

DeletedUser96901

why do we get 2 upgrades more than we need with normal play (no diamonds used) and ending in apprentice

not even reaching/getting the 2nd building

Agent327

Overlord
Also why was it necessary to beat a very large army to get more ingredients. Most of the players in this game CANNOT beat a very large army. I have only ever been able to do it one time and I have a substantial amount of attack support.

No you don't. Your attack support is a joke. It is possible to do it with what you have, but you need to know how to fight.

Lastly, why, when a player reaches a high level of status for the event, that player often gets knocked down by a level or two at the last minute. Twice now I have waited until the very last day of the event to use the stockpile of items gathered to play the event (in this case 12 hours before the event ended) and attaining the professional level only to have it knocked down 6 hours later. That is extremely disheartening and makes playing these events hardly worth the effort. You really need to change this and cease making it very difficult to get to the high levels of events and then knocking those folks down just before the very end. These things make this game much less fun to play. WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS?????????????

You think you are the only one that is waiting?? :lol::lol::lol:

DeletedUser118208

Between the three cottages which ones do people think is more beneficial long term? I heard a lot of players say that to get the appleton cottage, as it gives attack bonus as well as FP.
I was thinking of going for the flowerly cottage for those 2 additional FP's, is that the wrong way to think about it? I already have 1 flowerly cottage, should I be going for an appleton cottage next?

I am in HMA still and am aiming towards being a fighter, but it seems like having a huge amount of FP's is the best way of going about things as FP is the real currency in the game. so I wanted to have as many flowerly cottages as possible.

Any suggestions?

Also is this the wrong place to post this? :D

DeletedUser

I really enjoyed having the extra Battles in DCs for more Ingredients, they gave me loads more points to go towards the Towers too, which is always welcome. There did seem to be a lack of balance where the distribution of Ingredients were concerned but that was solved in the final hours of the Event and I ended with a totally cleared list with 30 mins to go after buying 1 cinnamon to empty and grab 1 final reward. I don't mind buying a few Diamonds to get what I'm after and as I usually just spend the ones I earn from IGE, it's not much of an ask; Inno is after all a business, not a charity. One of my Guildies landed his Appleton and a Level 1 with some upgrades without spending anything so, with a bit of patience he'll get his second from the AD.

DeletedUser

Appleton, remember that it also gives extra Coins which can be used to buy FPs and the Attack Boost gives one a better shout in GE and a greater chance of winning Diamonds from it.

out of the 7 games i play only 1 was i able to get to level 7 of this fall event without using diamonds! i play every day and all other quests played have always been completed just by finishing the quest. this one was awful! and what's with all the fighting! there was just too much of it during this quest :(
All 3 worlds got lvl 7 building, 2 in amateur league 1 professional. No diamonds spent

Emberguard

Legend
Between the three cottages which ones do people think is more beneficial long term?
Long term is hard to say. Do you intend to replace the least efficient buildings as you run out of space and new event buildings come out? Or are you intending to keep everything you place down? Are you looking to have goods come from a range of different sources or just recurring quests + CF?

I am in HMA still and am aiming towards being a fighter, but it seems like having a huge amount of FP's is the best way of going about things as FP is the real currency in the game. so I wanted to have as many flowerly cottages as possible.
If fighting is your main goal it wouldn’t hurt to go for Appleton for the immediate and long term benefit. Especially if you’re playing for free and not intending to be buying attack buildings later on.

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Great_Buildings
Let’s put it this way, how much time would 2 FPs shave off of your next attack GB lvl? Fast lvling happens through having an arc which if you don’t have a high FP income can take a year to reach lvl 80

DeletedUser118208

Let’s put it this way, how much time would 2 FPs shave off of your next attack GB lvl? Fast lvling happens through having an arc which if you don’t have a high FP income can take a year to reach lvl 80

I have an Arc lvl 3 atm and produce 60-65FP per day, I actively snipe and try to do as many quests/ GE as possible. Its true though that my other attack GB's are lacking being only lvl 3-4 themselves, but my idea is to get Arc to lvl 80 before doing much fighting, just the necessary fighting every now and then. I think in that case the 2 FP's will benefit more than attack % will.

DeletedUser653

I have an Arc lvl 3 atm and produce 60-65FP per day, I actively snipe and try to do as many quests/ GE as possible. Its true though that my other attack GB's are lacking being only lvl 3-4 themselves, but my idea is to get Arc to lvl 80 before doing much fighting, just the necessary fighting every now and then. I think in that case the 2 FP's will benefit more than attack % will.

if your a fighter go for the attack/def % boost from Appleton, if your a farmer, do not.

Dead-Eye

General
Between the three cottages which ones do people think is more beneficial long term? I heard a lot of players say that to get the appleton cottage, as it gives attack bonus as well as FP.
I was thinking of going for the flowerly cottage for those 2 additional FP's, is that the wrong way to think about it? I already have 1 flowerly cottage, should I be going for an appleton cottage next?
Go for the Appleton. It may be 2fp less but you can get those back by daily plundering your hood with the attck and defence boost. You also get to practice fighting.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Actually you are wrong. From the beggining of this event I went for the rewards not by their desirability but by the amount of the ingredients I had. But I kept getting caramels everywhere. You have no idea the amount of "fragment of such and such" I got! And at the end this is what I am left with!
Nope, you did a poor job of properly balancing your ingredients...

I got buried at one point with 4 extra caramels vs. my other ingredients. All I did was to go for the recipe with caramel as an ingredient every time one showed up, until things balanced out.
Then I ended up with chocolate being higher than everything else...
And then in the final hours, I had 2 pumpkins vs. at least 4 of everything else! So I just made sure to not choose any pumpkin recipes until things evened out more.

I managed to finish with only 1 ingredient unused.
Yes I got lucky at the very end, picking up a cinnamon from an incident that I needed, which allowed me to use it + 2 additional ingredients, but still, even if I hadn't lucked into that one, I would have ended with 3 unused ingredients, which is still very acceptable results. (Oh, and 0 diamonds spent of course.:P)

Having the event currency be available in DC's, when there's a tiered reward system for the end of the event, puts certain play styles at a marked disadvantage to others.

If you're a player that never fights, then at least 1/3 of the DC's are unattainable, and the odds of you getting anything better than Trainee for the final is greatly reduced, regardless of how well you do on the actual event itself.
Well, to be fair, combat IS a main feature of the game, so if people choose to ignore this very major component, then that's their problem.
Nothing unfair about it. If a player chooses to ignore a key feature, then they really should not be able to do as well as a player who instead manages to balance their city to both fight + negotiate.

I'd actually consider it massively unfair if pure farmers could get just as far (or farther!) without spending any diamonds vs. a nicely balanced fighter/farmer hybrid, or even a heavy fighter. (since this game is weighted more towards fighting vs/ farming)

DeletedUser111359

Nope, you did a poor job of properly balancing your ingredients...

I got buried at one point with 4 extra caramels vs. my other ingredients. All I did was to go for the recipe with caramel as an ingredient every time one showed up, until things balanced out.
Then I ended up with chocolate being higher than everything else...
And then in the final hours, I had 2 pumpkins vs. at least 4 of everything else! So I just made sure to not choose any pumpkin recipes until things evened out more.

I managed to finish with only 1 ingredient unused.
Yes I got lucky at the very end, picking up a cinnamon from an incident that I needed, which allowed me to use it + 2 additional ingredients, but still, even if I hadn't lucked into that one, I would have ended with 3 unused ingredients, which is still very acceptable results. (Oh, and 0 diamonds spent of course.:P)

Well, to be fair, combat IS a main feature of the game, so if people choose to ignore this very major component, then that's their problem.
Nothing unfair about it. If a player chooses to ignore a key feature, then they really should not be able to do as well as a player who instead manages to balance their city to both fight + negotiate.

I'd actually consider it massively unfair if pure farmers could get just as far (or farther!) without spending any diamonds vs. a nicely balanced fighter/farmer hybrid, or even a heavy fighter. (since this game is weighted more towards fighting vs/ farming)

Combat is a feature of the game, but it's not a "main feature". The game has actually been set up so that farmers aren't at a disadvantage, except for this most recent event. There's always a non-combat path through the event.

And the scoring may be weighted towards fighting, but the game itself isn't at all. I play a completely combat-free game, and have a very satisfactory experience constantly, as well as a solid standing on the worlds I play.

This is a sandbox, building game, that happens to have a combat element that you can choose to participate in, or not, without any serious side effects normally.

If I wanted a combat game, I'd go back to Tribal Wars, or Grepolis. But those aren't the experiences I'm looking for.

Agent327

Overlord
There's always a non-combat path through the event.

No there isn't. There never was till a couple of years ago when they aknowledge camping as a way to play the game, but almost a year later they already dropped this and started to come up again with no alternatives in some events.

Combat is a feature of the game, but it's not a "main feature". The game has actually been set up so that farmers aren't at a disadvantage, except for this most recent event. There's always a non-combat path through the event.

And the scoring may be weighted towards fighting, but the game itself isn't at all. I play a completely combat-free game, and have a very satisfactory experience constantly, as well as a solid standing on the worlds I play.

This is a sandbox, building game, that happens to have a combat element that you can choose to participate in, or not, without any serious side effects normally.

If I wanted a combat game, I'd go back to Tribal Wars, or Grepolis. But those aren't the experiences I'm looking for.
I completed all quests with the lvl7 building in my diamond farm with absolute minimal fighting, it was more than possible for anyone to do

DeletedUser111359

I completed all quests with the lvl7 building in my diamond farm with absolute minimal fighting, it was more than possible for anyone to do

I completed all the quests as well, and should have an L7 in every city. But getting better than Apprentice wasn't an option w/o spending significant diamonds, since I'm a non-fighter. And on some worlds I couldn't get past trainee. So I was blocked from certain rewards.

No there isn't. There never was till a couple of years ago when they aknowledge camping as a way to play the game, but almost a year later they already dropped this and started to come up again with no alternatives in some events.

It was possible to do the entire event w/o fighting a single battle. There has only been one event in several years, that had a quest that required fighting, and that was a single quest, over the entire event.

Status
Not open for further replies.