• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Fall Event 2018

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser103870

The five ingredients and no way to change them was too many. It was a nice idea, but 5 was too many with a largely random supply source. Too often we run into 3 recipes where we can't do any of them for several days. I'd been stuck with a dozen apples and not much else for 4 days when I got the stuff from Quest 75 and got through a table and a half in 10 minutes.

In future events of this type, I think they either need
- less types (say 3 types with 3 recipes);
- a working trader to switch them about (even if trading at a loss);
- able to trade them with other players like normal goods; or
- some method of switching the required recipes (even if you have to pay a few diamonds to switch).

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
The five ingredients and no way to change them was too many. It was a nice idea, but 5 was too many with a largely random supply source. Too often we run into 3 recipes where we can't do any of them for several days. I'd been stuck with a dozen apples and not much else for 4 days when I got the stuff from Quest 75 and got through a table and a half in 10 minutes.

In future events of this type, I think they either need
- less types (say 3 types with 3 recipes);
- a working trader to switch them about (even if trading at a loss);
- able to trade them with other players like normal goods; or
- some method of switching the required recipes (even if you have to pay a few diamonds to switch).
Ironically, there WAS a 2-for-1 trading system in the initial beta test, but it got removed because 99% of players couldn't be bothered to read the 3rd 'box' on the event quest screen, and thought the trader was some kind of additional quest. -_-
So they blindly tossed away 10-12+ goods before realising what they were doing, and then read the text, and then went all bat-gak ******* at Inno for their own stupid mistakes.

Thus, Inno just 100% removed the trader, claiming it was to "avoid confusion", when really, it's just the players' fault for being too dim to read what the text plainly explained what the trader was. >.<

DeletedUser15986

Ironically, there WAS a 2-for-1 trading system in the initial beta test, but it got removed because 99% of players couldn't be bothered to read the 3rd 'box' on the event quest screen, and thought the trader was some kind of additional quest. -_-
So they blindly tossed away 10-12+ goods before realising what they were doing, and then read the text, and then went all bat-gak ******* at Inno for their own stupid mistakes.

Thus, Inno just 100% removed the trader, claiming it was to "avoid confusion", when really, it's just the players' fault for being too dim to read what the text plainly explained what the trader was. >.<

Sorry, but that feature was badly designed from the outset... It should never have been in the quest list area, and that people were caught out was entirely Inno's fault for the way it was presented. I said it the moment I saw the window on Beta, and could immediately see what was going to happen. Absolutely atrocious decision to put the trader in the quest list area, and I hope some manager somewhere got an earful for the level of stupidity that allowed that to get past the suggestion stage and take up valuable dev time.

DeletedUser115027

I didn't have too much trouble with the recipes - around halfway through the event I started focusing more on spending ingredients evenly rather than going for the best rewards. Ended up spending all but 1-2 ingredients on all 4 worlds I play on, and still got some decent prizes. Trading ingredients 2-for-1 does not seem worth it as you end up with less stars in the end.

Emberguard

Legend
Sorry, but that feature was badly designed from the outset... It should never have been in the quest list area, and that people were caught out was entirely Inno's fault for the way it was presented. I said it the moment I saw the window on Beta, and could immediately see what was going to happen. Absolutely atrocious decision to put the trader in the quest list area, and I hope some manager somewhere got an earful for the level of stupidity that allowed that to get past the suggestion stage and take up valuable dev time.
Perhaps it could have been put in the area where we actually use the ingrediants. Or in a separate tab underneath the quest tab in the same way they separate the DCs from main events. (Of course this would likely make it a desktop only thing due to space)

DeletedUser15986

Perhaps it could have been put in the area where we actually use the ingrediants. Or in a separate tab underneath the quest tab in the same way they separate the DCs from main events. (Of course this would likely make it a desktop only thing due to space)

That's exactly where it should have been. In fact, anywhere except where it was would have been better.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
thats why so many errors & problems make it into the main worlds, because apparently most of the beta players don't do what their supposed to.
and maybe if the 2-for-1 thing was explained things may havebeen better...
I saw a couple of the screen grabs on the beta forum about the trader, and it was clear enough what it was if you just took a couple minutes to read it over...
The problem was that people just assumed it was yet another quest, didn't read a lick, then kept clicking away blindly until they finally noticed what they were doing.

Yes, it could have been spelled out better than it was, but it was hardly cryptic or a "gotcha!" moment on evil Inno's part.
Players were easily at least equally responsible for the whole debacle.

DeletedUser112892

when you open the league rewards everything is put into the inventory, but the FPs go into the bar - how stupid. 100 or 200fp going into the bar:mad:
Yep, hurts :)

Btw, Fall event is over

DeletedUser110410

I recall seeing a screen warning of an expiry date on the Fall Event League Rewards. I've looked everywhere for that date, but can't find a trace of it. Does anyone recall?

Emberguard

Legend
@Flying Dan The Man yes, the warning was for how long the records of your results are stored. NOT the rewards themselves (which given all messages have a 60 day expiry date, and the records were stored in a message there was always going to be a expiry date if the message centre is utilised)