• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Fall Event 2016

DeletedUser5180

The fact that the event is aid-based, promoting (at least temporary!) good neighbourhood relations for a change, is something I like that a lot. It's not quite as much fun as hiding eggs where/when I wanted to, but it does more to promote good relations, since we normally hid eggs only for people we like already anyway.

And although I'm sorry for people with red/green colour-blindness and heartily support their request for an option they can turn on to allow them to participate in the event without needing to ask someone in RL for assistance, I find the trees quite pretty and the fact that they aren't too easy to locate is fun.

But it puzzles me enormously that the event is designed to make it almost impossible for me to spend diamonds on apples to get the diamonds I want. The two levels of randomness are just too much. First I have to wait for the item I want to be the "basket prize", then I have to somehow fish it out of the basket, and only then can I spend my diamonds to get multiple copies of it. Why make it so hard??

If the apples were about 1/10th the price in diamonds that they are, maybe I would have bought some and hoped for luck, but as it is, I haven't bought any. On the other hand, if there were a way to directly purchase extra "store building" gizmos when they were the "daily prize" or the "basket prize", I would definitely have spent diamonds to get several.

An interesting idea someone proposed on beta was that anytime anyone in the 'hood fished the "basket prize" it should be available for direct purchase to all the neighbours - a fun way of making it easier for us to give Inno our money.

good points raised and good to see you posting again Mink :blush:

DeletedUser106965

DeletedUser17143

Did the % chance changed for the amount of apples you can get from a tree? Since the update I've been getting about 90% of the time 7 apples with an odd 10 and rare 20. And that's across all 14 worlds.

DeletedUser5180

Did the % chance changed for the amount of apples you can get from a tree? Since the update I've been getting about 90% of the time 7 apples with an odd 10 and rare 20. And that's across all 14 worlds.
the drop rate of 7s has definately increased, 10s are now odd and 20s very rare

DeletedUser107046

I'm glad you guys tweaked the Fall Event rewards - I realise Victory Towers are useful to earn medals, but after receiving three of them and very little of anything else, that seemed weird...

Sisi's quest was a super chore after trying it twice and failing both times to secure the last mission, so earning some blueprints or kits would be really helpful.

DeletedUser4879

After years of playing FoE and them there events, I'm at the stage of ignoring most
of them or only picking up the daily stuff! Why anybody would spend their money
on this is beyond me!..:rolleyes:

Pekmezinho

Private
You removed coins and rogues. The chance to get a Daily Special is higher. Ok, but...

I think now you reduce the chance to plant a tree, cause when event started, i was offline for a couple of hours and when i came back, there were 10-15 trees in my town and now it's like 5, 6. And i have in my hood about 80 folks, in my guild 40 and on my friend list 100, and now i plant less trees like before, average 30 of them.

DeletedUser16188

The updated basket is an improvement thanks.
Please though, for the UK servers at least, rename the Event to AUTUMN, not Fall.
Fall is something I do after too many ciders!

DeletedUser

Meh. Not really a burning issue. Everyone understands what it is, don't they?
I'm more worried about the mechanic and content of the event than what they decide to call it.

DeletedUser104843

Maybe its the FALL event because if you don't collect your apples on time they "FALL" off and you lose them :D

DeletedUser1094

I think I know why the apples have starting falling short... Fall is over!
Yesterday morning, I got my coffee in a mug with the text "Merry Christmas"! :?;)

Usually, I could collect from 15-20 trees after a good nights sleep (in my best worlds)...this morning, I believe 7 trees was the max. :(

DeletedUser107158

I like this event.

I like how aiding plants trees around the city, from which you collect apples. It means activity and rewarding activity. I like it that it works even when there's nothing to polish or motivate — so I don't need to decospam city for the event. I like that this is the main source of apples, with questline providing some more.

I also like the Cider Mill that's available from doing the quests. Based on size, do I dare hope it'll be like Confectionary, with bigger one available as upgrade next year…? :)

Reward system seems like throwing everything tried before to a single event. Not sure all that was necessary, but if it means more rewards then sure I'll take it. I hope my neighbours are active apple spenders :P

I do understand that finding the trees may be hard. Over the first few days I learned the 16 spots a tree can spawn to, so it's a lot quicker for me to find them now. Not everyone pays as much attention to the trees though, in which case they may seem very random in where they spawn. And for red-green colour blind it's going to be very hard indeed. For some, a simple icon indicating "you have trees to collect apples from around your city" might be helpful: it'd be easy to see whether you need to keep on combing the wilderness or if you're finally done having found them all.

DeletedUser17143

Could a mod confirm if the drop rate of 7 apple trees has been increased and the 10, 20 and 50 drops been decreased please.

DeletedUser96901

Lads, do we have a points value table for the Cider Mill?
same calculation like all other event buildings

size * 2 (event/premium building) * age factor
= 6 * 2 * age factor

Age Factor
Stone Age - 2
Bronze Age - 2.5
Iron Age - 4
Early Middle Age - 10
High Middle Age - 20
Late Middle Age - 30
Colonial Age - 50
Industrial Age - 100
Progressive Era - 150
Modern Era - 250
Postmodern Era - 400
Contemporary Era - 600
Tomorrow - 1000
The Future - 1600
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/new-ranking-calculation-details.31749/

DeletedUser22070

I would be if the amount of apples from the trees and the amount of trees planted seems to be nerfed as well

I completely agree. I contacted support and asked this very Q, his reply was "This is a random chance the algorythm has not been changed to my knowledge.

I hope this helps, but please do not hesitate to contact me should you need further assistance."

Very much a automated response, i asked again last night after the amount of apples and rewards from them were terrible. "Whilst we value all feedback from players, we are not able to accommodate this via the support system. The purpose of the support system is to provide assistance to players experiencing technical issues, and to respond to possible breaches of game rules by players."

Fobbed off again and very typical of INNO just too nerf the apples aided and rewards given and the usual help from support.

Ty INNO!!!!!!!!