• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Fall Event 2016

DeletedUser5180

ive also noticed a lot of shockwave crashes since the event started

DeletedUser64962

Whatever about apple ratios, colours, visibility, etc, what annoys me is the unoriginality of the tasks...are they just copied and pasted from previous events?
I had to abandon Mary Stuart around task n.4, because she wanted me to scout a province and that was impossible for me at the time. Then came Sissi, same thing, task 4 or 5 'scout a province'. Now the apples, task 5 scout a province. Okay, maybe I'm the only one in the game who does not have the opportunity to scout provinces every couple of days, but come on INNO, why do these tasks have to be so early in the quest? Couldn't they wait until later, when players have at least had a chance to accumulate some benefits? Especially as the next task on the list is probably something easy like 'm/p 30 buildings'. I'm at the point now where I can only get apples from my neighbours or from 'planting', as I won't be getting any from Greva Darn.
And in case you're wondering why it's so difficult for me-- I'm non-guild, non-military, and the goods I need in order to negotiate for a province are currently unavailable on the open market (presumably being hoarded by guilds?). (The game's bias towards guilds is another bone of contention...why is there no free trade between friends?).

DeletedUser5180

Whatever about apple ratios, colours, visibility, etc, what annoys me is the unoriginality of the tasks...are they just copied and pasted from previous events?
I had to abandon Mary Stuart around task n.4, because she wanted me to scout a province and that was impossible for me at the time. Then came Sissi, same thing, task 4 or 5 'scout a province'. Now the apples, task 5 scout a province. Okay, maybe I'm the only one in the game who does not have the opportunity to scout provinces every couple of days, but come on INNO, why do these tasks have to be so early in the quest? Couldn't they wait until later, when players have at least had a chance to accumulate some benefits? Especially as the next task on the list is probably something easy like 'm/p 30 buildings'. I'm at the point now where I can only get apples from my neighbours or from 'planting', as I won't be getting any from Greva Darn.
And in case you're wondering why it's so difficult for me-- I'm non-guild, non-military, and the goods I need in order to negotiate for a province are currently unavailable on the open market (presumably being hoarded by guilds?). (The game's bias towards guilds is another bone of contention...why is there no free trade between friends?).

if your in Fel Dranghyr add me as a friend and ill try an help you with goods

DeletedUser109836

Yeah, I also haven't had any luck either. The average amount of apples I get per tree should be around 8. I mainly get 7-apple-trees, sometimes 10-apple-trees, and very rarely 20-apple-trees... And opening chests mainly got me rubbish (I got so. many. supplies.). I haven't been playing for long, but the best event I have participated in yet was the summer one. This one is kind of bad, at least for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at the point now where I can only get apples from my neighbours or from 'planting', as I won't be getting any from Greva Darn.

I too have stopped my forward progress on Research & Scouting - It's a tactical decision. Some events I ignore completely; there will be more.

As far as this event goes:

Recruit "Active" friends up to 140 and regularly dump inactive friends. Have a few that are inactive, but not a lot.

The Events are what they are; work with them, plan your strategy (This is a Game of Strategy), and you'll progress.

Remeber, this is a battle game so doing battles is key to acquiring some things if not negotiating for them. Early on I negotiated for all the maps as I was not a battle city, but, in time & with much forward planning, I was able to get to where I needed to be so now I can do the battle action for the map sectors.

In summary:
Forward planning is key to the game. Look ahead in the research area and see what's coming and only build current items as you plan for the future items. Sometimes you'll have to demolish everything in your city just to re-organise GB's, make room for better Cultual bldgs, and so on.

DeletedUser11899

As everyone noticed all planted trees are located always on the same spots, in the west side of the city, th right side is always empty, also it seems that there is a fix number of spots where the trees can be planted or displayed so if you receive 15 or more trees you wont see all of them at the same time therefore this amateurish coding and design forces you to go over the same places again to find more trees or re-login, its completely absurd and ridiculous and a needless waste of time

I remember when they decided to remove the hidding actions from the Easter event one of the given reasons to do that was the neighbourhood thing, they said that players in a small hood or too much inactive hoodies were unfairly at a disadvantage compared with other players on other hoods.

This Fall event is based on the social aspect of the game, the aiding from other players: the more visits, the more apples and benefits for you, the opposite of the Easter, so this contradiction shows me that what they told us about the Easter event changes were merely excuses or lies or a total misunderstanding of their own game.

I think this event is a hit

Let's Have a Winter Event like this event. We could have Holiday Presents/Gift boxes sprinkled about in our wilderness; how's that sound?
With each Aid working just like this event. When we open the gift boxes we get Holiday Cookies to use to open the presents in the Gift Window.

DeletedUser109938

My feelings about the event:
1) I think the fact that you need to unlock the daily item in order to buy kind of defeats its purpose. Seems like it's intended to reduce the effect of chance, but it seems to me that it actually increases it (especially since you have to get the item THAT day). I get it, you want people to buy diamonds to get a shot at it. Frankly I was actually considering it to get a few shrines of knowledge, but the combination of the 5% chance of getting a shrine and the awful ratio of diamonds to apples convinced me otherwise. I'm not going to spend 5k diamonds for 15 shots at something with a 1/20 drop rate. Had the item been unlocked I actually might have spent some diamonds on apples to get a few.
2) Apple trees are too difficult to find, especially on mobile. I'd prefer it if they were more like the tickets in the summer event (giant red apple over the tree or something).
3) Maybe increase the number of apples from the daily quests. For the summer event you got at least a spin for each one, sometimes two. Now you're getting about 1/5th of a good basket.
4) This is probably never going to happen, but please remove coin and production packages. They're pretty infuriating to receive. As are observatory blueprints.

Again I get it: you want people to buy and spend diamonds. But I think you went too far to make it desirable to do so in this event, even for those who might otherwise consider it.

Vesiger

Monarch
I certainly get trees all round my city; they appear over the top of other trees, which at least makes the positioning aesthetically credible ;)
And I'm actually quite enjoying the 'search for trees' aspect in the mobile app now that I know what I'm looking for, as there is a certain challenge to it...
It got to the stage in the last event when I was actually hoping for coin and supplies packages, not because I needed either but simply because they didn't clutter up my inventory with lots of buildings I was never going to build :mad:

DeletedUser6065

. . . so this contradiction shows me that what they told us about the Easter event changes were merely excuses or lies or a total misunderstanding of their own game.'
I'm going with Misunderstanding as #1, then Lies as #2, but only because I'm in a relatively good mood at this moment.
. . . mk

Vesiger

Monarch
I certainly get trees all round my city; they appear over the top of other trees, which at least makes the positioning aesthetically credible ;)
And I'm actually quite enjoying the 'search for trees' aspect in the mobile app now that I know what I'm looking for, as there is a certain challenge to it...
Actually, it's just dawned on me that the process of searching for the trees is a more enjoyable part of the event than the ho-hum business of gambling on baskets for stuff you don't really want - which is not good!

DeletedUser1081

The fact that the event is aid-based, promoting (at least temporary!) good neighbourhood relations for a change, is something I like that a lot. It's not quite as much fun as hiding eggs where/when I wanted to, but it does more to promote good relations, since we normally hid eggs only for people we like already anyway.

And although I'm sorry for people with red/green colour-blindness and heartily support their request for an option they can turn on to allow them to participate in the event without needing to ask someone in RL for assistance, I find the trees quite pretty and the fact that they aren't too easy to locate is fun.

But it puzzles me enormously that the event is designed to make it almost impossible for me to spend diamonds on apples to get the items I want. The two levels of randomness are just too much. First I have to wait for the item I want to be the "basket prize", then I have to somehow fish it out of the basket, and only then can I spend my diamonds to get multiple copies of it. Why make it so hard??

If the apples were about 1/10th the price in diamonds that they are, maybe I would have bought some and hoped for luck, but as it is, I haven't bought any. On the other hand, if there were a way to directly purchase extra "store building" gizmos when they were the "daily prize" or the "basket prize", I would definitely have spent diamonds to get several.

An interesting idea someone proposed on beta was that anytime anyone in the 'hood fished the "basket prize" it should be available for direct purchase to all the neighbours - a fun way of making it easier for us to give Inno our money.

DeletedUser109510

The prizes have been updated - good
First time I open a basket today, I get yet another Champion (my sixth).
The only time I've unlocked one of the buy prizes was the very first tmie I opened a basket on the first day - and you've guessed it - it allowed me to buy more Champions.
sigh

DeletedUser1094

I spend all my apples trying to get the Medals...before the update :(
Had I just waited a few hours...or received a notice about the update yesterday..... :rolleyes:
Ohh well... I shant complain (too much)... I still got enough medals for a few expansions here and there. 8-):blush:
The basket update is still very much appreciated... thanks! :)

I'm glad I was able to bag the SoK's when I did. Now I'm just waiting to see if another SoK can be unlocked. I'll put my baggy drawers on and hope for the best!

DeletedUser5180

I'm glad I was able to bag the SoK's when I did. Now I'm just waiting to see if another SoK can be unlocked. I'll put my baggy drawers on and hope for the best!

same here matey, i managed to get 9 and will be saving all my apples to see if it appears again.... even if not i'm delighted with 9 (plus a wishing well) this event