• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Fall Event 2016

joesoap

Major-General
This is very simple, yes maybe it is nothing much but I do not accept that fighters are condemned to acquire sectors by negotiations, whereas farmers/traders are off the hook. You see, farmers/traders have usually less barracks - if any at all - but lots of goods buildings. Easy peazy for them. Fighters have few goods buildings if any but lots of barracks.
So why fighters have to spend their valuable few goods whereas farmers/fighters don't need to raise a single troop's a** into a fight ?
Where is the equality here ??
most event lists also have a "recruit units from your age/previous age quest", most fighters already have appropriate barracks & a traz so for them this quest is relatively easy & painless but for farmers they often have to find room to build a barrack, then build it then recruit the units so its a lot harder, whether you are a fighter or farmer there are usually some less than perfect quests so to complete every event takes some effort

DeletedUser109950

You have a random chance of winning the featured item. Only if you succeed in getting it by chance are you then able to buy more at the fixed price.
Thank you Vesiger - your response finally makes the process clear

DeletedUser653

I suspect it would be fairer to give players another option, some of the costs for sectors are really silly money for a player who might be in Arctic map but FE tree, so offering an alternative is only fair i think. about 50% of my guild have said they will stop at the negotiate quest because the cost was so high, pretty sure they would still be doing the quest if they had option to fight.
perhaps Negotiate 2 sectors or fight for 4 sectors?

DeletedUser653

I love this reply. am a little bit tipsy. ok. tried to unlock small basket. hit medals instantly 2 expansions bonus.

Thanks a lot.

CHEERS.

:zzz:

but this reply even better then Tests!!!! 7 SOK, 39k medals, 2 one up kits plus towers, tigers etc etc So a pretty good haul

DeletedUser109729

Built 3 houses from my current age and it did not show up as complete. I refreshed, logged out and in again and nothing changed.

What a waste of my coins and supplies.

All of the events and quests are roughly the same. It's monotonous.

I won't be taking part in any of them again.

Waste of time

Reens

DeletedUser12400

Built 3 houses from my current age and it did not show up as complete. I refreshed, logged out and in again and nothing changed.

Waste of time

Reens
It would be best for you to contact support regarding this matter. They can look into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105544

If player is in FE and don't want to enter Arctic age on tech-tree, he is 100% able to finish smack entire Arctic map with FE units (4 tanks+4 guns), and in that case the quest will be solved automaticly and there is no need to negotiate.

DeletedUser106696

Especially depressing as this was pointed out by umpteen players on beta, but accessibility does not seem to be a known concept at Inno ... I get my hubby to harvest apples as I cannot see them either :(

DeletedUser109709

In regards to how many apple trees pop up... The second day I had about 6 trees pop up. And the next few days 2-3 each day... Now the last few days I've only had 1 tree pop up each day.
Whether they nerfed them or not, it's frustrating that it takes up to 2 days to collect enough apples (combined with aiding neighbors).
I definitely liked the World Cup event better.

DeletedUser109957

Hello players,

This thread is for feedback and questions for the Fall Event. You can find full details of the event here.
Champions and Observatory Blue Prints as prizes :( spend all day collecting Apples to get Observatory Blue Prints which you can get by contributing to that GB and not much point in winning a Champion, if you have a Champions retreat - I found it very frustrating! Other than that i think the fall event has been great

Where Oh Where Have All The Apples Gone. My Cider Whiskey is nearly empty (I drank it all - lol) and I need to get another batch goin!

This is very simple, yes maybe it is nothing much but I do not accept that fighters are condemned to acquire sectors by negotiations, whereas farmers/traders are off the hook. You see, farmers/traders have usually less barracks - if any at all - but lots of goods buildings. Easy peazy for them. Fighters have few goods buildings if any but lots of barracks.
So why fighters have to spend their valuable few goods whereas farmers/fighters don't need to raise a single troop's a** into a fight ?
Where is the equality here ??

The equality is this -- Some quests require that sectors be obtained without negotiating for them - in other words fighting - but not always in every event. The event is what it is - do it, or don't do it. This particular quest for me is a don't do it event; glad to see apple trees were planted!

Andrew420

Major
I wanted to ask the same question - why devs named it "fall" instead of "Autumn"?
The alternative word fall for the season traces its origins to old Germanic languages. ... The term came to denote the season in 16th century England, a contraction of Middle English expressions like "fall of the leaf" and "fall of the year".

Starting to make sense now ?
German company
English server

DeletedUser5180

i have read the previous posts and the Fall event instructions but I am still not clear on how you can obtain the current "featured item" that appears underneath the apple basket. Do you have to buy the basket first? (e.g by paying the 75 apples) then do you get the chance to buy the featured item by paying the extra amount? Or do you just have a random chance of getting that particular item from the basket with no chance to choose it?

You use apples to open chests and each time win a random item, if that item is the featured item it unlocks (the padlock disappears) and you can buy it with your apples directly underneath the chest.

Hope I've explained it so you get the idea okay :P

DeletedUser5180

Champions and Observatory Blue Prints as prizes :( spend all day collecting Apples to get Observatory Blue Prints which you can get by contributing to that GB and not much point in winning a Champion, if you have a Champions retreat - I found it very frustrating! Other than that i think the fall event has been great

I have won one champion and he sits proudly amongst the 1000+ I have accumulated :lol:

DeletedUser105544

The alternative word fall for the season traces its origins to old Germanic languages. ... The term came to denote the season in 16th century England, a contraction of Middle English expressions like "fall of the leaf" and "fall of the year".

Starting to make sense now ?
German company
English server
Ok, but what is the origin of the word "Autumn"?

DeletedUser5180

These events are really good for those that are new to FoE...as it allows them to win things that came to us "OLDIES" much further into the game.
Unfortunately...they mean nothing to us "OLDIES" as we are really fed up to the teeth with accumulating shrines and waterfalls that really don't do a great deal to enhance the game...just to make a quicker way through it...and a lot of the winnings are aimed at those that play in Guild Wars or GVG. I've lost count of how many military buildings I've won in these events...or how many champions retreats I've deleted...etc etc etc...
If FoE want to retain the loyal members that have been with them since day 1...then they really have to come up with something new and interesting instead of constantly rehashing the same old crap at every event. I don't do military and have no interest...give people like me that choose to play without battles something else to play for please?

Hi old friend / guildmate, great to see your still around... even for myself that loves to battle the gvg has gone very stale and only GE has any real fighting interest as it allows you the time to fight manually where gvg is just a mad rush to click as quick as possible. GE was the opportunity for non fighters to really enjoy it with the negotiation feature but from what I've seen it looks impossibly hard, what's your thoughts on it?

The game has definitely become a fp collecting exercise so for that reason the event has been great for me.... 22 shrines and a boost to my city defences with 4 watchfires and 3 tigers dens

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
I love this reply. am a little bit tipsy. ok. tried to unlock small basket. hit medals instantly 2 expansions bonus.

Thanks a lot.

CHEERS.

:zzz:
Sadly used up all my apples trying to gain medals so could buy unlimited. Did save all apples till unlimited medals came up but was unable to gain one. O well, got some stuff that is now sitting in my inventory which I will never use. Just part of the game. Will have to gain my medals for expansions the old way. Still a good fall event but am gaining more usable things from the Expedition.

DeletedUser5180

Waste of time

Reens

hi reens and welcome