• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fair trade tick box

DeletedUser7466

I see when creating a trade there is now a tick box for 'fair trade'. I understand what a fair trade is, but what is the functionality of the tick box? I tried unticking the box then posting a rediculous ratio trade to cut out a few levels of trading up but it doesn't seem to let me (400 lumber for 25 brass), which I assumed would be its purpose. Kinda sad it's not so...

DeletedUser9168

I knew I'd seen it somewhere - just not in the location Haile described - it's on the app

IMG_0191.PNG

DeletedUser

I knew I'd seen it somewhere - just not in the location Haile described
Of course it wasn't in the location Haile described, Haile has never seen it either and was just trolling.

I hardly ever use the app so have never seen this before! Do you know what it does,@jampots ?

DeletedUser105544

Of course it wasn't in the location Haile described, Haile has never seen it either and was just trolling.

I hardly ever use the app so have never seen this before! Do you know what it does,@jampots ?
I saw it of course. Why do you think I didn't?

Vesiger

Monarch
I thought it was a bit useless, but actually it's quite handy; the way it works is that when you select the goods youi want to sell (or buy) then it automatically fills in the other half of the trade with the appropriate quantity. Saves several clicks (and bringing up the keyboard in the app).
So if I want to reduce my copper stocks and enter 50 copper on the sale side, then if I select gold to trade for then the app will automatically fill in 50 gold. Or if I select herbs then the app will change it to 25 for me.

DeletedUser9168

but it also considers 10 marble for 5 Algae to be a fair trade (just not 10 marble for 10 Algae)
basically 1-for-1 same age, 2-for-1 any lower-to-higher age trade - however many eras apart the goods involved.
So not terribly useful imo

DeletedUser

I thought it was a bit useless, but actually it's quite handy; the way it works is that when you select the goods youi want to sell (or buy) then it automatically fills in the other half of the trade with the appropriate quantity. Saves several clicks (and bringing up the keyboard in the app).
So if I want to reduce my copper stocks and enter 50 copper on the sale side, then if I select gold to trade for then the app will automatically fill in 50 gold. Or if I select herbs then the app will change it to 25 for me.
Thanks @Vesiger, knew you'd be the authority on anything app-related! :lol:
My only problem with this is that I'm always telling players (including when I was a mod) that there is no game-endorsed or officially sanctioned 'fair trade'. The concept was always one invented and enforced by players themselves. A fair trade to me is one that both buyer and seller are happy with. This is a rather bothersome invention...

DeletedUser

but it also considers 10 marble for 5 Algae to be a fair trade (just not 10 marble for 10 Algae)
basically 1-for-1 same age, 2-for-1 any lower-to-higher age trade - however many eras apart the goods involved.
So not terribly useful imo
So it is just enforcing the minimum and maximum trade ratios really? It is extremely misleading to use the words 'fair trade' with regards to this function then!

Vesiger

Monarch
I don't think it's any use for enforcing 'fair trade'; it just acts as a shortcut for setting trades up. The function of the tick-box as currently provided is not at all obvious...

DeletedUser

I don't think it's any use for enforcing 'fair trade'; it just acts as a shortcut for setting trades up. The function of the tick-box as currently provided is not at all obvious...
No, it doesn't seem to be any use for what it claims to be really or what you'd think it should be. Needs to be renamed imo.

DeletedUser100065

And people say the devs should play the game more before introducing stupid buttons :D

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
This I have seen in the mobile version of the game and think it would be well worth implementing in the browser version of the game