• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Extend Stone Age

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Extend the stone age so that it takes a few hours or at least two hours to complete rather than the less than an hour it takes now.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
I did a search for "longer stone age" and it didn't come up. It's also not in the "previously suggested ideas" thread.

Reason:
I don't think the stone age is long enough to be enjoyed, it's over so quickly you can barely remember what the buildings looked like ten minutes later. Since some work went into the buildings and they look good, why not let us enjoy them for just a little bit longer?

Details:
I would suggest adding a new research to the tree or adding an hour or two onto existing research/researches. It would be wonderful if a good few researches were added turning the stone age into slightly more of a proper age but I realise that is probably asking too much.

Balance:
It will make it slower for new players to progress to getting a decent army. This could have ramifications defence wise etc. but since my initial idea is to only extend the age by a few hours it shouldn't be terminal.

Abuse Prevention:
I can't see an abuse possibilities but am not really on that wavelength admittedly!

Summary:
It's a 'nice to have' rather than a serious requirement but I think it will make a little more of what FoE has to offer without a major outlay of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2029

this might work if they turn stone age into a more elaborate tutorial, i.e. make us research all those buildings that come already researched (huts, hunter, spearfighters, decorations, trails) and after that make us fight for our starting world map sector (which means that Dunarsund should become a little harder).

on the other hand, there's nothing wrong with the current tutorial.

so, I'm not saying no, I just fail to see the reasons to say yes...

DeletedUser7719

I'll remain undecided even though it is hard to remember what I did in the stone age

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Oh wait, this is the stone age, not the bronze age! You reach the bronze age after like two moves. It would be nice to have something (ex.: club men)

DeletedUser1094

Three spam-posts within a total of six posts is way too many. :mad: Please, keep all the spamming within the Soap-Box.
If you don't have any constructive criticism or feedback (positive or negative) to the Idea-proposal, then do not post.

Hi Spla5hmummy, and thanks for your proposal.

In my opinion, the Stone-age is there for tutorial purposes only. It's for the "newbies" to learn about the most basics of the game-play, how to build, how to research and how to collect coins/supplies. When you know about those issues, you're ready to start the game for real in the Bronze-age. I wouldn't mind having the Stone-age extended a bit... I just don't know with what? You need to come up with, well thought specific ideas, for a Stone-age extension... otherwise the designers and developers won't have a chance to decide for or against it...and neither will we.

DeletedUser7719

Hence those clubmen you vs in the beginning of the game (which was not spam). Another thing could be fur aqquiring (a supply house), and (well, you can't build a cave)...

DeletedUser4800

I agree. I would love to see come club men, bow men, stone men and animal man as military units. Having be few more hours would be great as well, having maybe few more researches and stuff.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Ahh, well, the problem is IMPLEMENTING it. If you do implement it, you would have holes in the tech tree, and I believe the account would have to be inaccessible if not eradicated. That is, unless the devs find a way to prevent this catastrophic disaster.

DeletedUser2206

They could implement it on future servers, thus leaving the current 7 en servers and the Beta server as is.

DeletedUser2989

I like the idea of extending the tutorial (having recently played through it again in a new start) making it more detailed in terms of tech, buildings, troops and all that. They could implement it on future servers and "phase out" the old ones, it'd help Inno check to see if the game (when it's finished...) works properly from start to finish. Opening a new world with an improved tutorial could also be a good "recommended" world for any new players they get now.

So +1 to an extended tutorial.

However it is likely they wouldn't do this at least not till releasing FoE 2 (if they ever do).

Edit: In an extended stone age/tutorial it'd be good to include a stone age GB, stone age troops and a greater variety of buildings. Everything would still have to be quick but it'd hopefully help show a bit more depth to the game.

DeletedUser15432

Even though I am well past the first age of the game, I like the idea of extending the tutorial section of the game in the stone age, perhaps then the developers can put in features that cover all of the questions new members coming into the game are repeatedly asking in the forum, therefore a +1 from me

DeletedUser

+1 also to an extended tutorial, possibly covering some of the FAQs like 'move a building,' 'make sure your buildings are connected,' 'check your global ranking,' etc; the buttons that people do learn as they get more familiar with the setup of the game, but can have problems finding at first.

DeletedUser108240

I would support this just to get a proper tutorial explanations on how to connect buildings by road. The way most buildings are drawn it is not at all intuitive (can I connect to the theater by that bottom corner square that is entirely grass?) or worse, to the Colliseum where several squares in each corner do not look like part of any building at all.

Also the noobs need to to told about the need for road connections. The tutorial do not mention it at all and it seems to be a major stumbling block that turn a great many noobs idle. As much as 5o% of some early neiborhoods are noobs that apparently gave up on the game after having 'laid down' the 2 stilt houses and then waited for them to build after placing them with no connection to a road. An explanation of how to move things around would be good too.

love Villow

Vesiger

Monarch
Part of the initial appeal of the game is that you can see relatively quick results and get an idea of what will happen after the progressively longer waiting times later on. If I'd had to sit through hours of development when I was at the stage of just experimenting, I doubt I'd have got hooked; I went into this as a casual gamer clicking on an in-game advertisement...

+1 for an improved tutorial, though. I only deduced that it was possible to delete old buildings by visiting the city of someone who mysteriously only had Bronze Age houses and asking her how on earth she did it!

DeletedUser109052

Want!

Its a shame you have to get into the bronze age so fast, I love the stone age, and the visuals are ace!
as pointless as it'd seem, i'd appreciate a good stone age start, building club men and actually using the huts and hunters for what they are.
So much detail went into the visuals like the town hall but you loose it all in 10 minutes.

imagine taking someone on with club men X3

adding several techs for the stone age would be sweet and personally it'd make your first age progression (bronze) more rewarding.
The game feels more like a Bronze age to future, than a stone age to future.

the content of a stone age would be for another topic perhaps, but you could have a few things.
Decoration camp fire?
Club man hut
Shaman culture building (healers offer happiness)
Stonehenge GB ??????? (or just a henge as I see inno have excluded alot of landmarks like pyramids, effle tower and thus stonehenge etc.)

it'd be so freeking awesome X3
(p.s, I have huts still and i'm in the high middle age XD Huts rule.)

DeletedUser97688

A Stonehenge GB would be excellent. It would have to be quite small though, especially since SA (new acronym!) cities would definitely be smaller than higher age ones.

DeletedUser109052

A Stonehenge GB would be excellent. It would have to be quite small though, especially since SA (new acronym!) cities would definitely be smaller than higher age ones.

You could make the henge a 4x4 or a 5x5 building, but add a land expansion in the stone age tech?