• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Expansions plan going forward?

Smoodeez

Private
Hi all,
I'm currently in IA, I've finally got a 6x6 expansion going so far.
Now I have the medals to buy more - is there like a preference/efficient way of planning on which side to buy expansions on?

If I visit higher level friends, some go for rectangular shaped cities (e.g. 5x8, or 8x5 etc), where some go for square shaped city (7x7 etc)
Any info/opinions on this is much appreciated

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Hi all,
Now I have the medals to buy more - is there like a preference/efficient way of planning on which side to buy expansions on?

If I visit higher level friends, some go for rectangular shaped cities (e.g. 5x8, or 8x5 etc), where some go for square shaped city (7x7 etc)
Expansions are 4x4, and as for the shape of your city it all depends on what you wanna build in your city every one has there own individual needs.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Hi all,

There is no set method or preference for this. although the bigger the block you have, the easier it usually is to fill it without wasting empty space. One thing I would recommend (which others may disagree with), is if you do not 'need' an available expansion, you may want to hold onto it/them for a little bit - reason being, if you get a larger sized (usually meaning larger than 4x4, standard expansion space), you may want to be able to have the ability to bring out 2, 3 or more expansion at once to accomadate it. Some of the GB's are very large, i.e. Alcatraz which is 10x7. Also, if you look at the available locations for future expansions in your City space, you will notice that some pieces jut out to the side a bit - in such a case, you may want to be able to take multiple spots at once, when you reach that. All up to you and how you want to approach things. The areas that jut out to the side are especially good for placement of a larger building, so you minimize the space needed to use for roads to attach it (which is part of another conversation called 'space management').
For now, keep doing what you are doing - sounds like it works for you (and in a mathematical sense, it is the more logical approach as well), and adjust as you see fit to do.