• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Expansion Count Error

DeletedUser6065

The number of Victory Expansions (ie: expansions via current medal count) available to place is cocked up in all cities. Cities are showing double digit numbers (up to 21) of expansions available to place.

We all know this is not reasonably possible.
. . . mk
** the first digit is correct.**

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107476

Is this on app version as mine just shows how many I have available on browser version:

Lbz0VFMsQda_hU_9PQ0T5Q.png

DeletedUser96901

Is this on app version as mine just shows how many I have available on browser version:

Lbz0VFMsQda_hU_9PQ0T5Q.png
and now imagine you haven't bought so many and there would still 21 be available

is that a bug ?

DeletedUser107476

and now imagine you haven't bought so many and there would still 21 be available

is that a bug ?
There are currently 31 victory expansions in the game so if you have used 10 of them, then 21 left would not be a bug. I would like to see a screenshot same as mine showing how much the next expansion costs.

dimondus

Captain
Looks legit, here is my
10th was 110k, 9th cost 130k, 8th is 160k, 7th probably 200k, 6th probably 240k and for 5th you need 290k.

Untitled16.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser6065

O.K. folks, let' s try again.

Since the game began, expansions available has meant expansions you have earned and are waiting in 'storage' ready for you to build NOW. Not how many are left as possible to earn. Additionally, the Victory Expansions are showing the double digits (16/18/21 etc.). The Reward Expansions (Tech Tree and Continental Map) show the correct numbers (i.e., 1/2/3 etc.).

Now, if this has changed to where 'available' means still possible to acquire, then the bug is with the Reward Expansions. As I stated, it is not reasonable under the old system for me to have 21 Victory Expansions ready to go now, but it surer than hell is not possible that I have only 1 Reward Expansion left to acquire (or 2 or 3) via Tech an/or Continental in a new 'Expansion Available ' system (if in fact implemented - which I am highly skeptical).

One of these two bad boys is a bug, and I infer the Victory Expansion number as that is the one that changed.
. . . . mk

DeletedUser96901

actually how many you can place IF you have enough currency to pay for it

if you had not enough coins (and diamonds) it still showed how many you reward expansions could be placed if you had enough coins.
or does it show 0 if you have unlocked more on map/tech but not have enough coins (and not enough diamonds)

so why should it be different to medals ?
they are all available when you start and don't depend on age
so it shows how many you can place if you have enough currency (here: medals)

Not how many are left as possible to earn.
actually how many you can use if you have enough to pay for it

The Reward Expansions (Tech Tree and Continental Map) show the correct numbers (i.e., 1/2/3 etc.).
sure
even if 10 trillion coins you couldn't buy more

dimondus

Captain
Lets clarify the situation. We have 3 types of expansions: Reward, Victory and Diamond.
I can't tell about Reward expansions right now (don't have one ready to unlock) but I think the number is fixed unless devs will add new techs or new provinces on Continent map.
The other 2 rewards are also fixed but devs adding couple with every major update.
The counters on Victory and Diamond rewards going from maximum to 0 so the number you see is the number of expansions left available to place. If you had like 2 mln medals you could place all Victory expansions at once.

Last edited:

DeletedUser106369

I am in HMA. I have not bought any Diamond expansions. When I look it tells me I have 8 Diamond Expansions I could place. 2 for each of the first 4 ages, BA, IA, EMA and HMA. When I look at the Victory (Medal) Expansions I have 21 available expansions. The next one costs 9,000 medals, which is what Test Ament said earlier, but I only have 6,804 medals so I am unable to place any. So although it says available they aren't actually available yet but will become available when I have enough medals. Am I to assume then that when I gain another expansion from the Continent Map I will have a third section that will say Reward Expansion and an amount of coins/diamonds needed to place that expansion.

DeletedUser104881

Thank you for all of your replies. I can confirm that reward and diamond expansions only show those available to you, so in the case of the reward expansions you will only see those that you have unlocked via research or the continent map. Diamond expansions are limited by era, so these will unlock as you progress through the eras.

In the case of the victory expansions, they are limited only by your medal resources, so you will see all remaining victory expansions regardless of your position in research or on the continent map.

DeletedUser6065

Can you possibly realize how ignorant this makes you sound?
No, I guess not.
Showing 'all remaining victory expansions available regardless' is the bug, or at very least an inconsistency in format.
Go to Reward Expansions.
What does it show?
Stuff available now.
Go into the Inventory.
What does it show?
Stuff available NOW.
(Your profile shows you've been involved w/FoE since 2014, but I gotta wonder exactly how involved is).
As I said . . . since this game began, 'available' means now. Not, later, somehow, maybe, God willing, and Inno does not screw up.
What you are saying (to help you out here), is that somebody has a gobzillion of medals available (now), but they gotta guess how many expansions they can drop with those medals.
Unless, they take the time to go to Forum guides/expansions and do the math themselves.
Is this your position??
. . . . mk

dimondus

Captain
Can you possibly realize how ignorant this makes you sound?
No, I guess not.
Go into the Inventory.
What does it show?
Stuff available NOW.
Your profile shows you've been here since 2014, but I gotta wonder where exactly 'here' is.
As I said . . . since this game began, 'available' means now. Not maybe, later, somehow, maybe, God willing, and Inno does not screw up.
. . . . mk
Dude, just look at big button under expansion icon if its greyed out then its NOT available NOW. The only one here that sounds weird is you.
Ok, another example, you coming to the market and there are shelves full of products that is AVAILABLE but you can't buy it all because you don't have enough money in your pocket/credit card.
View attachment 14113
Read carefully - no word about "now".

DeletedUser110419

The current display of available expansions is consistent. The availability of Victory Expansions indicates the number of expansions available to me if/when I have the medals available. The availability of Diamond Expansions indicates the number of expansions available to me if/when I have the diamonds available.

DeletedUser96901

Showing 'all remaining victory expansions available regardless' is the bug, or at very least an inconsistency in format.
actually it shows all victory expansions who can buy if you have currency (medals)

like the other shows how much you can buy if you have enough currency (there coins and/or diamonds)

it doesn't show zero expansions if you have unlocked on in tech tree but no coins and not diamonds

so it is 100% consistent

DeletedUser96901

As I said . . . since this game began, 'available' means now.
wrong

are you really so stupid ?

if you have 10 tech/map expansions unlocked but no coins and no diamonds shows it 10 or 0 ?

because available to your logic would be 0
you can't buy them now. not even buy 1. so shows it 0 ?

no. it is actually 10 since the beginning