• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Excessive supplies needed for progress

Howard

Private
I have just seen the requirement of 1,000,000 supplies for one of the Research items, Space Flight, you must be joking !.
There is no way I am paying that stupid amount, I would rather dump the game.
#Leighton ( Howard )
If things do not improve by the end of next week I think I'll dump this city and delete it.
If the other does the same I'll dump the game I think, at the moment it's a waste of time.

Last edited:
If you can't afford to pay the supplies needed for a research, you probably rushed too fast through the ages without developing your city sufficiently and stockpiling enough resources.

Last edited:

Ev4ma

Captain
1,000,000 supplies is nothing... I make that in a day and I dont even have supply buildings. You should of taken your time going through the eras like klod said

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

I have just seen the requirement of 1,000,000 supplies for one of the Research items, Space Flight, you must be joking !.
There is no way I am paying that stupid amount, I would rather dump the game.
#Leighton ( Howard )

You do not have to pay it. You can stay in Post Modern forever if you want to, or you just stay there for a while and start saving.

Schermafbeelding 2023-05-28 210641.png

DJ of BA

Sergeant
The biggest mistake players make is rushing up through the eras, After playing for 4 years my Supplies and Coins are in the Billions, take a look at some of the costs to research items in the upper eras, it's all relative, the costs for researching any part of any era is directly related to the income each era is capable of producing, so saying that 1M supplies is expensive is just not true if taken out of context, you have to look at the bigger picture,

Nidwin

Sergeant
You need to find a good balance for all kind of production in your city including gold and supplies. Supplies are important too even if you don't pop RQ's although gold is normally not an issue but still. The tricky part with supplies is to find the special event buildings producing a good amount of it on a daily basis or a big chunk on a decent percent. I've both LoA(71) and RAH(55) in my main that gives me through my BG double pop 10M/12M on my 5 bistros (Space Age Mars) and that's not counting on all the remaining supplies I'm getting.

Another important thing to remember is that with the revamp of GE all the buildings we did get in the past and could be used for quests/event quests to drop and sell are gone. This adds to the need of extra supply production in your city for people who kept it borderline supply wise.

edit 1

And on the subject of 1M supplies in a research tree. Once in Asteroids Belt your Mars ore produced by synths is 4.8M supplies for 400 Mars ore. ;-)

Last edited:

Deleted member 127677

Build CF and use it. I had no supply problems after the first low eras, just doing the usual stuff. Anything else you get as direct reward from a building directly pales by comparison to what CF can produce for you even with completion of just a few quests.

Shad23

Emperor
Build CF and use it. I had no supply problems after the first low eras, just doing the usual stuff. Anything else you get as direct reward from a building directly pales by comparison to what CF can produce for you even with completion of just a few quests.
last few TE techs need a lot of supplys when i got there i did'nt have enough supplys to pass them so i built Himeji took me 1 or 2 days with Himeji to get those supplyes

Knight of ICE

What makes you think that if 1,000.000 supplies is a problem in PME Chateau Frontenac will help you? If you can not pay 1,000.000 supplies you do not have the means to make CF profitable. Quests will not help you at all. If you have not build it yet in PME those quests will cost you more than CF will deliver.

Shad23

Emperor
What makes you think that if 1,000.000 supplies is a problem in PME Chateau Frontenac will help you? If you can not pay 1,000.000 supplies you do not have the means to make CF profitable. Quests will not help you at all. If you have not build it yet in PME those quests will cost you more than CF will deliver.
at least with Himeji you get the supplys fast

Knight of ICE

at least with Himeji you get the supplys fast

Faster than CF, but lets face it, if 1,000.000 supplies in PME is a reason for you to dump the game, you have been doing something terribly wrong. So wrong that I doubt you will have the means to build a GB from VF. *

(*Player opinion)

Deleted member 127677

It’s a general statement. HC is not the answer either, I’ve seen people hit SAM with supply problems too, and the few millions you get from all supplies producing GBs isn’t helping. If someone has thought there were easy fixes to everything and haven’t done the work to be self sufficient in the basics, as you say, they must have been doing something terribly wrong. But PME is an era where it can still be rectified more easily than later.

Shad23

Emperor
So wrong that I doubt you will have the means to build a GB from VF. *

(*Player opinion)
with good advice and a good friend who has deap pockets ( goods wise ) a himeji can be built fast does not mean he has made horrible errors previously that you can't do something that will correct your errors fast since building my HC i'v never had any other supply problems

Nidwin

Sergeant
HC can help but you still need the prints and have it leveled up and those prints aren't always easy to get. Also with mainly HC you aren't going to get far with RQ's past Future Age even with a level 70+ CF. RQ's are of course optional but in case someone plan to hit them on a regular base, reading this.

There are many options but it seems op may have listened to the wrong advice for his city.

Shad23

Emperor
lvl 2 HC got me the supplys for last few TE techs in 2 days does not need to be high lvl to give lots of supplys
HC can help but you still need the prints and have it leveled up and those prints aren't always easy to get. Also with mainly HC you aren't going to get far with RQ's past Future Age even with a level 70+ CF. RQ's are of course optional but in case someone plan to hit them on a regular base, reading this.

There are many options but it seems op may have listened to the wrong advice for his city.

Nidwin

Sergeant
TE requires 20M supplies for the research tree and your level 2 HC provides close to 110 000 supplies a day. This means that your HC requires 180+ days just for TE.

Shad23

Emperor
TE requires 20M supplies for the research tree and your level 2 HC provides close to 110 000 supplies a day. This means that your HC requires 180+ days just for TE.
got my HC at end of TE i think i was missing something like 2M to finish TE when i built it might have done more then 2 lvl's but not a lot of lvl's it's only lvl 22 now

suethegreat

Captain
It is a game of strategy with many online guides for play. Unfortunately there is no fun in reading the instruction book as with life. Story quests and some event quest options lure players to progress beyond their resources then get frustrated. If players start with the knowledge it may take 5 years or more to reach outer space they may calm down.

Unlucky Alf

Private
The LOA is a building that we plant early, delete and then rebuild when we realise we need supplies. I’m at level 75 and zillions of supplies.