• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Evolution of Plundering

Usual Suspect

Corporal
Given the new GB and its anti plundering, limited use, bonus, plundering will have to adapt to this new FoE reality...
more working together with fellow plunders in your neighbourghood and resulting in swarm-like behaviour to crack juicy targets.
I look forward to working with my fellow plunders and tossing around marks like killer whales punting seals... its a real thing, youtube has video lol
punt worthy.jpeg

Dead-Eye

General
I am a plunderer and don't see the GT as a real game changer at all. Some in my hood have it but it has not bothered me. I am in Modern though. Might be a different thing in higher eras though given the amount of high era players in e nags that quickly got theirs up to high levels.

Any Empire

Sergeant
Just don't get the angst on getting plundered. I don’t waste time/FPs/space building defensive GBs such as GT, as being plundered is totally irrelevant.

First, I’m not willing to play 365 days a year. I lose more goods/FPs in even one day of non-collection than I've lost from plunderers in 3 years of playing, across 3 plunderable cities. Plus, I plunder at times, and that’s given me way more stuff than I’ve lost.

next, when I can, I collect on time. That, along with an active friend’s list and not advancing too quickly, seems the best ways to avoid being an easy plunder target.
When I can’t collect, it’s because RL was more entertaining than moving pixels around on a screen.

finally, in terms of game play, attacking is fun so attack GBs are worth leveling up. There’s nothing fun/active about city defense; it’s all controlled by an AI with a single digit IQ.

I build up my Attack GBs (though TC helps both). If I can plant some Tactician’s towers, etc. to make my defense a bit tougher, yeah, I’ll do that. But only as long as it does not take space away from fighting or FP production.

Usual Suspect

Corporal
I am a plunderer and don't see the GT as a real game changer at all. Some in my hood have it but it has not bothered me. I am in Modern though. Might be a different thing in higher eras though given the amount of high era players in e nags that quickly got theirs up to high levels.
A high level FoE friend said it has already blocked 4 plunderings in his main city but he has a really high level one, lvl 53, I built mine for two reasons... I have a 31 fp train, soon to be 41, but mainly I built it for its small footprint vs goods production... the added protection is a perk :)

Dead-Eye

General
A high level FoE friend said it has already blocked 4 plunderings in his main city but he has a really high level one, lvl 53, I built mine for two reasons... I have a 31 fp train, soon to be 41, but mainly I built it for its small footprint vs goods production... the added protection is a perk :)

Plus it really does look nice.

RumbleButt

Private
Anyone that thinks GT looks nice is,,,,,,, well,,, rather sad,,,,, it should have Rapunzel hanging from it or something,,, it's ugly lmao,,,, however I agree with an earlier comment,,,, for such a small foot print, the Goods production is useful and the Anti Plunder is a perk

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
the gt has been one of the first good thing the game has given, the buzz that has gone around when plunderers got stopped was really quite funny, i have built one and it stopped one regular plunderer in his tracks, which gave me a laugh when i seen it in the log. so a thumbs up from me as we get goods also so what is there not to like, and to think the plunderers are sulking is the best buzz the game has given a lot of players