• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Events - main prizes

DeletedUser110327

Let's roll back to the Crow's Nest, which is my favourite prize so far. It can't be plundered. However, picture if the event remained exactly as it was, but the main prize, the Crow's Nest couldn't be motivated and yet could be plundered. In addition, imagine if there was an extra upgrade to make it unplunderable, which cost 5000 diamonds. Win win win for everyone I think. Fighters get nice buildings they can plunder, non diamond payers have city defences to prevent being plundered or be there to collect, and those who want to spend diamonds upgrade it to make it as it is now, unplunderable.

This might be a good thing to consider in all events going forward and it fits the ftp model very nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
Unformattted and DNSL. To top it up, the Crow's Nest can't be plundered.

You really outdid yourself this time George.

DeletedUser110327

Time you learned to read Agent. Good to see you again, btw.

Emberguard

Legend
Looking at the DNSL, asking for the Crows Nest to be modified to no longer be plunderproof would fall under this category:
Changes to existing rewards.
Removal of features

Asking for it to be done for future events would either fall under the above or under this:
New buildings or items. Buildings and items are decided upon according to a feature, event, era and need to ensure they are balanced within the game

As this idea is definitely DNSL I am closing this thread. If you disagree with this verdict send me a PM and explain why you think it's not DNSL.

My thoughts regarding your idea:

Let's roll back to the Crow's Nest, which is my favourite prize so far.
No guarantees but you'll probably see it again in the summer event

imagine if there was an extra upgrade to make it unplunderable,
The main line of defence is not having anything available to be plundered. Separating the inbuilt protection behind a pay wall will severely weaken free to play players defences. Possibly the pay to play players as well depending on cost.

which cost 5000 diamonds. Win win win for everyone I think.
Adding an additional 5k for something that's already inherently apart of most buildings isn't something I'd imagine a lot of people jumping for joy over. Especially when no event building upgrade costs anywhere near 5k currently.

Now if it were a lot cheaper and didn't change the base building (ie building could still be protected for free via motivation) then I'm sure it'd be much better received.

This might be a good thing to consider in all events going forward and it fits the ftp model very nicely.
Inno's pay part of the model is mainly in getting additional items/slots. Not in modifying them to something otherwise unobtainable

First glaring problem I see with that is the most common way of plunderproofing buildings is motivation. Those that are both plunderproof and produce without motivation are usually apart of a multi piece set or unique. ie victory towers (7 day medal production), wishing wells (random production) and statue of honour (specific to GBG - not an event building)

In order to implement your idea one of two things would have to happen. Either motivation would have to be removed as a feature on the buildings this gets put on, or the nature of motivation would have to be altered to no longer protect buildings.