• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: [Event screen bug] "Visit" freezes IE

DeletedUser7109

event screen will not close

If I enter town hall and see my events and then try to visit another player my screen freezes. I cannot close the event window. I have to close the game and reload.

Only started happening in last 48 hours.

DeletedUser4089

This has been reported before, so merging this with the existing thread.

DeletedUser6925

When is this gonna be fixed?
It's slow and irritating to polish buildings
back and search the people over and over
again.

it can not say, but other worlds will be updated tomorrow, and it is hoped that Developpers will make every effort to make it in good conditions

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9219

it can not say, but other worlds will be updated tomorrow, and it is hoped that Developpers will make every effort to make it in good conditions

Good to know, this starts to annoy me immensely.
Also , as reported a couple of posts back : The gold icons stay on the screen.

DeletedUser

I have this too in Firefox.
Is there any news on a fix?

Seems like at least 2 days have passed since making this issue known..

DeletedUser

Bug fixes are done in bunches and as far as I'm aware, not individually whenever they come up.
So I'm sure hoping a fix for this will be included in the next quick-fix.

It's been passed on, so they're aware of it. All we can do is wait for the next bug-fix update. There's nothing that will make it go faster.

- L

Does that answer it? ;)
I think the next fix is tomorrow.

- L

DeletedUser9291

I have the same problem and it isn't as easy to go via the solution suggested. Is there a timeline on the solution?

We are aware of the issue... and it has been passed on.

As a work-around, please don't visit people from the events screen; close it first, then use the guild/neighbourhood bar to start visiting :) That should work for now!

DeletedUser

If you are viewing Event History and then try to Motivate/Polish, it wont let you

I am Socratez of FIRE & ICE in Arvahall. I like to view history to see who motivated my stuff so I can click "view" then motivate their stuff back, but currently if I click view history I might be able to click on view their stuff but then it seems to lock up.

DeletedUser7092

Town Hall Problems

For some reason I am unable to visit other's profiles via the town hall to return favours of support ! When I hit "visit" the game freezes !

DeletedUser

Hey Noggbad, welcome to the Forums. :)

For next time I'd advise you to use the little search function on the top right of the screen. This is a well known issue. ;)
I'll merge this post with the correct thread.

- L

DeletedUser7092

Thanks Lodroth :) May I ask what's being done about this, please ?

DeletedUser

this bug hit me again :mad:

I am not experiencing this problem. It might be that your cache is too full or your cookies old.
Please try clearing your cache and cookies.

Also note that having multiple tabs open will reduce priorities to FoE, which can make it extremely slow, as will having old cookies and cache.

Here are some guides on clearing your cache for Firefox, IE and Chrome:

Firefox:
Click me

IE 7, 8&9:
Internet Explorer 9 and 8:
- Click Tools, and select Delete Browsing History... .

- Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.

- Click Delete.

Internet Explorer 7:
- From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Delete Browsing History... .

- To delete your cache, click Delete files... .
- To delete your cookies, click Delete cookies... .
- To delete your history, click Delete history... .

Click Close, and then click OK to exit.

Chrome:
Click me

Also make sure you have the latest Flashplayers:
Click me

Hope that helps,

- L