• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event quests minor change request

DeletedUser110708

In almost all event quests there is a "research a technology or donate x amount of goods from your current or previous era"

Starting off bronze age this can cause issues or even further on. It would be very simple to fix this by tweaking the quest to

"research a technology or donate x amounts of goods from your previous era or above"!

Tiny tiny change would make all the difference.

Dregar

Agent327

Overlord
In almost all event quests there is a "research a technology or donate x amount of goods from your current or previous era"

Starting off bronze age this can cause issues or even further on. It would be very simple to fix this by tweaking the quest to

"research a technology or donate x amounts of goods from your previous era or above"!

Tiny tiny change would make all the difference.

Dregar

So what exactly is the difference here?

Agent327

Overlord
bronze age players can donate iron age goods

currently they can't do the donate part

That really depends on how you read it. Previous era is stone. Era above that is bronze again. He is talking about a tiny tiny change. Explaining it like you is a major change, cause you would be able to donate from 3 era's. Where this might be good for bronze it is bad for OF.

DeletedUser96901

That really depends on how you read it.
I read it from the only point it makes sense as idea

if you read it as no change then think why somebody would suggest an idea that doesn't change anything

Previous era is stone. Era above that is bronze again
in this idea
above = all eras above

cause you would be able to donate from 3 era's
so actually in bronze age you can donate from 14 eras

Where this might be good for bronze it is bad for OF.
it can't be bad for OF
because in OF this doesn't change anything (at least not until the next era is released)

Agent327

Overlord
I read it from the only point it makes sense as idea

In which case it does not make sense to call it a tiny tiny change

if you read it as no change then think why somebody would suggest an idea that doesn't change anything

Cause he has no clue what he is talking about?

in this idea
above = all eras above

True if you read it like that which even makes it a huge change, that is if you can ever get the goods from era's above.

so actually in bronze age you can donate from 14 eras

You can, but it will cost you double or more, so what is the use?

it can't be bad for OF
because in OF this doesn't change anything (at least not until the next era is released)

It is bad in a way that OF has less options.

DeletedUser110708

In which case it does not make sense to call it a tiny tiny change

Cause he has no clue what he is talking about?

True if you read it like that which even makes it a huge change, that is if you can ever get the goods from era's above.

You can, but it will cost you double or more, so what is the use?

It is bad in a way that OF has less options.

Atm the above quest in events means you can donate goods from your era or the one below. I'm suggesting it is changed to the era below you or any era above that. It makes no difference to any age above bronze, still operates the same way. OF age only ever had 2 options anyway [OF goods or AF goods] this doesn't change. Bronze can't donate stone or bronze goods period so they can't get past this quest step. *if they had the option to donate iron age or higher goods they can get past this step.

Agent327

Overlord
Bronze can't donate stone or bronze goods period so they can't get past this quest step. *if they had the option to donate iron age or higher goods they can get past this step.

They can get past that step, cause there is another option.

DeletedUser101951

Yep, dead end quest lines. :(

Have had this conversation with Inno many times in tickets. They were no help.

Get used to it.

Emberguard

Legend
There's always the option of being Iron Age. Bronze is still a baby city. You've essentially decided to stay in an age thats not much more then an extended tutorial and complaining you can't complete a quest designed for the main game. Half the game isn't even accessible until you reach Iron Age anyway

DeletedUser101951

I am in Arctic Future, but they still put stupid quests in the questline that many cannot do for whatever reason. And don't give a rats ankle if you raise the issue in a ticket. And then make crappy questline the next time.

Not saying I could make a perfect questline for everyone, but to fail so often in this matter is disheartening. I have donated in the past, but do not plan to do so in the furure.

Emberguard

Legend
Well then that is quite interesting.

What makes it unachievable by Artic Age? By then I'd imagine with all the changes in game play mechanics arctic players would be playing quite differently from Iron Age players