• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Quest Balancing

DeletedUser117016

Currently for most event quests, the number of things you need to do/collect vary between ages (e.g. Bronze Age may be collect 20 goods or win 2 battles whereas Modern Era might be to collect 250 or win 8 battles or something). However, the change does not occur when the quest asks you to buy Forge Points. Buying Forge Points in the Bronze Age and Iron Age is very expensive and it is very tricky when you have to buy, for example, 5 Forge Points and barely have enough for 1. You then get stuck on the one quest for ages as you save up enough to buy all 5 FPs, and this can set you back a good couple days in the questline. Maybe introduce changes so for lower ages you need to purchase less FPs?

DeletedUser

Currently for most event quests, the number of things you need to do/collect vary between ages (e.g. Bronze Age may be collect 20 goods or win 2 battles whereas Modern Era might be to collect 250 or win 8 battles or something). However, the change does not occur when the quest asks you to buy Forge Points. Buying Forge Points in the Bronze Age and Iron Age is very expensive and it is very tricky when you have to buy, for example, 5 Forge Points and barely have enough for 1. You then get stuck on the one quest for ages as you save up enough to buy all 5 FPs, and this can set you back a good couple days in the questline. Maybe introduce changes so for lower ages you need to purchase less FPs?
if you have done at least 1 Quest in the past you should have enough coins to buy FP for the Event.
I agree that its tricky because most players waste all their Coins for FP before they know how Events work but thats another story isnt it ?
Bronze Age with many Blacksmiths should be able to finish Event super easy , if you go with wrong build then its very hard i agree

Agent327

Overlord

Buying 5 fp is nothing. Join a good guild and work on your friends list. You can get enough coins from aiding.

the cost for me to buy fp is 19000 and im in EMA

Thanks for that. It really helps.

suethegreat

Captain
wow i feel so much better with only 9k+ per FP. It was 7k before the event. Now will not do wisteria (+ ano i forget) that requires buying FP not worth the 5 scrolls. The 200 medal reward requires much less outlay. Also if your FP bar is 10 or more you have to dump them to even buy and that may be inconvenient.

Le Chaim

Private
With the cost escalating each time, multiple events per year (which is great) definitely need to exclude this from event quests.

DeletedUser96901

sorry but who has problems buy FP in bronze / iron age is playing the game wrong

it is a game to be played over years
and for that reason it is stupid to make the costs of the FP too high in the beginning

(like being 3 ages above on the map)

in the Bronze Age and Iron Age is very expensive and it is very tricky when you have to buy, for example, 5 Forge Points and barely have enough for 1.
WHAT ?

you don't have 1000 coins for 1 FP ?
definitely playing the game wrong :lol:

With the cost escalating each time, multiple events per year (which is great) definitely need to exclude this from event quests.
I play since 8 years

in my main world the next FP costs 74100 coins

don't looks like the events made them too expensive (and I finished them all) :rolleyes:

legend9182

Major-General
After 1 week in this game,
Winter event was there, I did managed to complete it without any information before with maxed train. Only thing I did wrong was that I wasted my items ( I don't remember the name) on many ds untill day 5
But after my guildee told me to wait for better

DeletedUser117610

There are several pillars to your game economy that are a challenge when you start; gold, supplies, population, happiness and medals (for expansions) chief amongst them. These problems go away after a few months and you end up having far more than you need. Event buildings solve a lot of these over time, without you having to do any planning at all. If you want to be proactive about gold then get SMB up a few levels and it will sort you out.

WinnerGR

Captain
There are several pillars to your game economy that are a challenge when you start; gold, supplies, population, happiness and medals (for expansions) chief amongst them. These problems go away after a few months and you end up having far more than you need. Event buildings solve a lot of these over time, without you having to do any planning at all. If you want to be proactive about gold then get SMB up a few levels and it will sort you out.
In my first few cities , yes that is what happened but here on EN12 I planned everything out with precise detail using ( advert redacted ) and had no issues and am progressing through eras every week.

I will be HMA by the end of this week and I only just entered EMA yesterday.

I have everything planned out till Indy age

Last edited:

DeletedUser117610

I kinda miss the challenge of balancing the economy in the early days. Things like polishing the neighbourhood just to get a bit more gold, 1fp spray and pray on suitable GBs in the hope of getting a little profit and some bps, etc. ah nostalgia

DeletedUser

No it should not be removed at all. The onus is on us to get better at playing the Game.
Did you like that; onus-on us? Tee hee.

Shad23

Emperor
I kinda miss the challenge of balancing the economy in the early days. Things like polishing the neighborhood just to get a bit more gold, 1fp spray and pray on suitable GBs in the hope of getting a little profit and some bps, etc. ah nostalgia
i realy don't miss needing to aid hood so i can buy FP's i'v been playing since creation of game year and my next FP will cost me only 371150 coins had a few months without internet in that period of time

suethegreat

Captain
on top of FP cost is the classic 'disappearing incident' when events start for those without Auctioneer 2nd option it is a slowwww waiting game.