• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event population/happines

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser118033

Hi, this is more of a complaint then an idea. A lot of event buildings these days are giving loads of population and my happiness is struggling to keep up. Population GBs are loosing their purpose and are becoming a burden instead of helping. Please add more happines event buildings instead of population ones. Or at least add 50% of each so it's balanced.
Thanks

No one says that you have to place an event building, you could always leave it in your inventory until you're ready to cope with it.

Alcatraz on its own is almost capable of giving all the happiness you need. Throw in Hagia Sophia and you should have no problems

DeletedUser118033

I have both on levels 50+ they are barely keeping up with my innovation tower.
If I'm not placing down the event buildings then what's the point of events.

Stop levelling Inno then :rolleyes: do you need the population? I know it gives fp but there are other GBs that do that too.

You get lots of stuff from events, some of it is even slightly useful :D and the stuff that isn't you'll soon be able to trade in for something else. If your city can't support a building then you shouldn't build it.

DeletedUser96901

I just checked the Crows Nest
in Mars Age it has almost 15k population

will be very difficult to make them happy for people who are already low on happiness

I just got rid of a load of unnecessary premium cultural buildings won in GE, I'm down to 62k excess happiness. Good job I'm only in OF :lol:

Oh, and 20k excess population

DeletedUser118033

I'm just saying if this trend keeps on happening, like the crows nest 15k, worlds fair 14k it will be hard to keep up. Plus you need like 40% extra happiness to get 120% productivity.

Can I ask what age you are in?

The 120% is irrelevant if you don't have normal residential/supply buildings or care about PvP score, it doesn't affect GB or special building output

Emberguard

Legend
@Anton Girdeux fka B

Thankyou for taking the time to post. I would suggest rather then posting as an idea it’d be best done through the current events announcement thread (Summer Event) along with anything relevant to the event itself

My Opinion
Personally I’m not worried about events only giving population or only giving happiness. My reasoning is this: I want a challenge that forces me to make the tough choices.
- Trials allow us to shine the brightest by sharpening our skills. If events are perfectly balanced 100% of the time in the order provided then I’ve got nothing left to do with my city. The events will have done all the work for me. No problem solving required.

- the events usually swap between whether they provide happiness or population. At one point it seemed every event was happiness. Now it seems every event is population or a combination of both. So they may not be evenly dispersed, but they are reasonably even-ish amounts

- when an event gives something it also takes something away from my city. By giving population it removes houses or limits how far I should lvl my pop giving GBs. Or the reverse would be true, it’d increase the need for culture/happy GBs while freeing up space that population buildings would have taken up.​

Emberguard

Legend
Can I ask what age you are in?

The 120% is irrelevant if you don't have normal residential/supply buildings or care about PvP score, it doesn't affect GB or special building output
Adding onto this, @Anton Girdeux fka B you can always try relying on the tavern to give you enthusiasm. The only time you need enthusiastic is at the time of collecting or when a quest requires it. So if you think you have enough coin and supply income without the enthusiastic bonus that’s one option

Agent327

Overlord
Hi, this is more of a complaint then an idea. A lot of event buildings these days are giving loads of population and my happiness is struggling to keep up. Population GBs are loosing their purpose and are becoming a burden instead of helping. Please add more happines event buildings instead of population ones. Or at least add 50% of each so it's balanced.
Thanks

Complaints go to the complaint forum, not the ideas forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.