• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Hub Discontinuation - Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Deleted member 109369

The event hub will be discontinued in 2022. Please read the announcement here and leave any feedback below.

Smallbrains

Private
It was pointless, and not even very nicely designed. There was a lot going on there visually, but it was impossible to enjoy on any magnification level. Also, as it served no function, it just cluttered the already quite dense visual environment.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
It's not going away :(
"As we are continuing to evaluate the feature, we have no current plans to remove it from player cities."
Having it removed from being one of the Event Quest milestones is a good, big start to eliminating the useless event hud.
Any if they spend as much time trying to find a way to 'fix' the event hub as they do trying to 'fix' GbG - I would say it could be years before we have to see it being implemented again!

Forwandert

Major-General
Did wonder what was the plan for it as it appeared only to be set up for the second half of the years events, guess someone noticed now and couldn't be bothered updating it. Saying that I don't blame them it was pointless anyway.

Ev4ma

Captain
The event hub, it was pointless yes. But it was a good countdown to events and it reminds us that there is far too many events. The event hub made events far less appealing for some players. It's a never ending cycle of events now, they are only appealing to people in the iron age and maybe people in EMA.

Ev4ma

Captain
Did anyone here like the event hub?

- It came unwanted.

It's like the PvP arena, not wanted but used. I wonder if they'll continue it again after a while. Then it'd have the same story of the PvP arena. Added but not wanted.

2edgy4me

Private
What was the point of the event building anyway? Outside of the boost provided days after an event ended, it sat there doing nothing except cluttering the screen. It's not like you could show off event completion anyway, since only your own is accessible. Even then, I couldn't care less being able to see that someone completed an event.