• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Era-Trolls . . . do you hate such play?

Giskler

Legend
It's a social game. Of course people supply others with the means to build stuff. Just like trading on the market. It's all part of the game.
Sure it is, but I’m objecting to your remark that camping in IA is the way the game is intended to be played.

Ati2

Legend
Sure it is, but I’m objecting to your remark that camping in IA is the way the game is intended to be played.
It can be played in a variety of ways. That is one intended way to play it. If it were not intended, then all this would not be available in IA.

VF youve done the hard part then which was OF,depends if you have an end game? goal/target?,mine on rugnir was to get to FE and do FE/AA gvg despite starting 4 eras behind i was 3rd person on those and then to finish game for first time
east nagach 2nd time(1st time i had an OF town deleted it to do rugnir) is to do gvg AA map so not hanging around in the bow and arrow ages
Camped in OF for a year, have almost completed VF on 2 weeks, will sit there until after Christmas and then do SAM. There is no end game, I will never be near the top of the server as there are people who have been playing years longer and others who spend small fortunes to get multiple event buildings.

I am happy plodding along helping people along the way, gave away a set of arc goods yesterday and then got it out the mud for them just because I'm nice :)

Camped in OF for a year, have almost completed VF on 2 weeks, will sit there until after Christmas and then do SAM. There is no end game, I will never be near the top of the server as there are people who have been playing years longer and others who spend small fortunes to get multiple event buildings.

I am happy plodding along helping people along the way, gave away a set of arc goods yesterday and then got it out the mud for them just because I'm nice :)

You can help more people by getting to SAM and finishing game,my end game was doing gvg in rugnir but even as a ghoster guild its not really possible if i can only do one reset,east nagach there is more action on AA map for fun i might join big guild there at some point for more action,right now thats a project no guild no arc till FE,,,my us world is another project going slower on that only 1 reset gvg and if they did change to 3 i could do them all

the game is based on greed but i've been giving goods away for years we're good samaritons lol

traz goods sets probably 20+? arc sets lost count east nagach first time and rugnir,i enjoy helping peeps fast track up the ages
i give goods for HC and all the rest away,there are conditions like they cant have those until they get to FE and they must have exchange goods mod+ it keeps the whole thing spinning round
stopped supplying arc goods to low era peeps they should be needing a traz first not arc,give them arc they just sit there

DeletedUser118386

Thread Completely Out of Reality
You can buy items in the game with real money (by chance, by the way, is more profitable for the company) to take consistent advantage versus non paying players.this is what can generate bully behavior more than anythign esle. Someone who has, for example, 6 Asylum lvl 9 after less than a week can pretty much bully everyone for having an ingame military power out of scale. What makes money for this company is also what makes people run away. Paying to win. Not the guy sitting in a low age for years.
Many of you here needs to wake up a bit and come to sense.
Sorry for the brutal truth, but someone has to do it. Call me Jesus now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
Some players don't find plundering an issue. Other players don't want to lose unless it's on their own terms. Looking at what you don't have instead of what you do have is always going to be discouraging regardless of if it's in this game or in real life.

So yes it'd be discouraging to look at a bunch of event buildings if you don't have them as well. You raise a good point there. But for all the vigour players have of complaining its bullying to be regularly plundered I've yet to see anyone when asked to define when it'd no longer be bullying that's given an answer beyond the Age / Era of the players

While event buildings wouldn't help the issue and you're right that it would effect perspectives, if it were the whole issue then I wouldn't get messages complaining of plundering on cities where I never plundered the player, only attacked. I also wouldn't get messages on cities where I have plundered without any event buildings or GBs in my own city.

cyllan

Corporal
It looks all pretty interesting, but please tell me how you would fit players free will into all this?

lol.....you are right.....people always telling us what to do......and to pay more and more for a mobile game which makes millions a year

Ati2

Legend
and to pay more and more for a mobile game which makes millions a year

Running a game is probably free. I mean everything in life is free, right? ;)

(It always amuses me to see people outraged that they have to pay for stuff that other people are working on 24/7.)

DeletedUser110131

Too long; I only scanned it.

You're not saying anything new. Well, not apart from that cute "era-troll" thing.The whole "I don't do well, so the game is unfair" angle has been played out in these forums countless times. Trust me, if you play a halfway decent game, most campers will leave you completely alone, and others will be nothing more than a minor inconvenience.

Disclosure: While I'm not a "proper" camper, my era progression is slow, and am almost always in the top 5 in my neighborhood. Most of my points are from buildings unrelated to battle, but, obviously, some are military. Combined with experience, I can usually defeat anyone in the neighborhood. This is impossible for those who progress at a fast pace, and unusual for even for those who progress at a more sensible, but still fairly fast pace. As a result, I can not only defeat anyone below #10 in the neighborhood, but I can defeat them easily. However, this gets tiresome, after a while. When I attack, it's usually either for a quest, revenge, or, on the rare occasion, boredom. My city is quite self sufficient, and there are plenty of other things to do in the game. In fact, not enough time is one of the reasons for my slow era progression.

None of this means that I don't know how to play defensively, though. Occasionally, I get into a feud with other neighborhood leaders, and some are significantly more powerful than I am. Also, I wasn't always this powerful. There are plenty of things you can do, and playing defensively can be every bit as exciting as playing offensively. I won't get into details, because the forums are already full of good advice, some of which I've given myself. Look it up.

The two pieces of advice I'll give you, is to be an active player, and progress at a sensible pace. No one feels guilty about plundering the bottom half of the neighborhood, because these are either inactive or bad players. This is where you find the pathetic cities, of the sort that makes you immediately dismiss a friend request, because you know that the player is dead weight, and will probably drop out of the game. Inno knows this, as well.

Campers, on the other hand, are, per definition, long time players. It may sound counter intuitive, but a long time player is far more likely to continue playing than a new player is. Many of them have also spent money on the game, and certainly are certainly much more likely to spend in the future than a random n00b. Many of them are also long time members of active guilds, where they help make the game much more interesting to other active players.

The thing is, as a n00b, you haven't proved your value to anyone, and that includes Inno. In fact, by complaining like this is the end of the world, you've given a pretty strong indication that you'll never be a long time player. You're certainly revealing that you don't know that this is a slow game, where you make your accomplishments over months, not days.

Hmmm... I'll give two more pieces of advice. First, start every new neighborhood by aiding all your neighbors. For most other active players, you'll be more valuable that way, than as a target of plundering. If they aid from Event History, they'll aid you right back, and won't attack you. Second, join an active guild, with at some experienced players in it. They'll be able to give you advice, and help you build a strong city. If you contribute to the guild, they'll even want to help you.

Since you're sure to complain about it: No, they aren't taking advantage of you. The benefits of being in a guild with high level players far outweigh the disadvantages.

once peeps get it into their heads being attacked does not matter as they dont lose troops and do their collections on time theyll be ok,its best to get out of dark ages and get to FE as quick as you can,youll have plenty of time to do GBs when game gets slower in AF/OF/VF/SAM later
youll get better resources each time you tech up,better prints and everything else,earn higher pts for your guild win better buildings in GE and also better stuff from events as you go

DeletedUser110131

Running a game is probably free. I mean everything in life is free, right? ;)

(It always amuses me to see people outraged that they have to pay for stuff that other people are working on 24/7.)

Not quite as amusing as people who are outraged that anyone dares criticize poor Inno, imagining a company struggling hard to make ends meet, developers dressed in rags and subsisting on bread crumbs.

Paying customers have also bought the right to complain, however much they please. You'll find that most companies by far prefer a complaining customer over a customer that takes his/her business elsewhere. Before someone mentions it: even free players are, in effect, paying customers. They contribute (pay) by populating the game, making it more playable for everyone, including the money-paying customers. Inno doesn't let anyone play because of altruism.

So: we all pay, in one way or the other, and we all get to complain, however much we want. To some, that seems to be half the fun of the game. Inno laughs all the way to the bank. Everyone is happy, even if the happily miserable.

DeletedUser110131

If that's your life goal, to complain, complain, complain, then by all means, have fun doing it! :D :D :D :D :D
Not my life's goal, but I do enjoy some occasional complaining. Also, I enjoy criticizing other people who complain. However, I would never criticize them for complaining, just for complaining about stupid things. Big difference. Also, let's face it, the complainers would be terribly disappointed if no one criticized them, as they would then not have anything to complain about. It's all a big, beautiful ecosystem of complaints and criticisms. I guess I have to admit that even the "poor Inno" comments have their place in it.

DeletedUser110131

@kingrobert111
Exactly! AND that was never 5 minutes! No it wasn't! How could it be? The video only is 4 minutes 32! Hah! I got you there!

DeletedUser105639

I like the idea of grouping players by time played not by era. Be interesting to see how someone who rushes eras and has underpowered GBs compares to a camper or 'era-troll' with strong GBs. Obviously the game isn't necessarily 'fair', being attacked is a reality of game and there's nothing can be done about diamond players' advantage (cos Inno love those players), but definitely a lot of young players quit because of this.
I also liked how OP phrased this as a revenue problem for Inno :)), one way to encourage a positive response from them.

Ati2

Legend
I also liked how OP phrased this as a revenue problem for Inno :)), one way to encourage a positive response from them.

Inno does offer military starter packs (if I remember correctly... correct me if I'm wrong), so anyone who cares enough can either buy those packs (good for Inno) or just look at what's in the pack, and finally have some defense other than the two spearmen, which—let's face it—is not a very good defense for an HMA or LMA city... :D

(Yes, I do have such cities in my hood right now. And yes, I do plunder them every day. Call me an era-troll, but I think it's ridiculous to have two spearmen as your sole defense in HMA, and it just means that the person simply does not care.)