• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Era-Trolls . . . do you hate such play?

DeletedUser

Surely everyone has the right to play "their" game as they see fit, to my knowledge there is nothing in the game rules that says you "have to " progress ?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Surely everyone has the right to play "their" game as they see fit, to my knowledge there is nothing in the game rules that says you "have to " progress ?
Only the very occasional event quest that will demand a choice between c-map tasks (ie: scout, infiltrate, take 'X' sectors), or researching a tech, but those are down to like maybe 2-3 max per year now. ;)

I am proud to say im a camper, but not a bully.

There is nothing wrong with staying in a perticular era you like. For me its EMA, i love the city hall. It is a beautiful castle and i love the army too so in one of my cities i chose to camp there. As long as I dont bully anyone, no harm done.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I am proud to say im a camper, but not a bully.

There is nothing wrong with staying in a perticular era you like. For me its EMA, i love the city hall. It is a beautiful castle and i love the army too so in one of my cities i chose to camp there. As long as I dont bully anyone, no harm done.
Attacking & plundering 'hoodies in itself isn't bullying...
Attacking & plundering the same 'hoodie/s even every single day isn't being a bully...

You're only a bully if when you do attack and/or plunder, you also act like a toolbag and send viscious/mean-spirited and/or outright insulting/hateful messages with it.
And/or else spread falsehoods about the other player/s to their guild, etc...

Or think about it this way:
You're playing in a 'insert sport here' league. Do you suddenly stop playing/scoring on the other team just because they're the worst team in the league?
Are you suddenly a bunch of bullies just because you win say all 8 matches against said team? :rolleyes:

I dont attack anybody without a reason. There is the battlegrounds, pvp and GE for battles. No need to go bother somebody. I take it personally and then get revenge its just unnecessary. I actually keep a list of enemies... To me it makes no difference if you plunder or not. If you had the nerve to attack me then you must think im weaker therefore punishment is due.

Emberguard

Legend
If you had the nerve to attack me then you must think im weaker therefore punishment is due.
Granted some will do it thinking that, not everyone. Some will target the strongest for the challenge of breaking through. Some don’t care what strength or weakness the neighbours have and attack everyone. Others will only go for those they can beat

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Some don’t care what strength or weakness the neighbours have and attack everyone.
I do this when I'm bored :D but less so now gbg is using up more troops
I only continue on attacking those I can beat w/0 losses myself, as I do not have a 'Traz to produce infinite supplies of Rogues as of yet. ;)
And before any accusations of cowardice or being a bully fly about, this is a tactical decision I'm making!!
(seriously, does anyone think I'm actually stupid enough to trade losing multiple Rogues for at most a couple goods that are 2-3 ages behind?!)

Always remember kids - "It's not 'retreating', it's simply 'charging in the opposite direction!" :P

DeletedUser110131

I dont attack anybody without a reason.
They're there. You have troops. The game provides a clickable button for attacking. That's three reasons. Are you saying you need more?

Who doesn't keep an enemies list? I've been keeping one since kindergarten. Are you saying that this isn't normal? How else would someone keep track of all their revenging? :?

"It's not 'retreating', it's simply 'charging in the opposite direction!"
Charging in the opposite direction is fine. Just make sure all your retreats are in the right direction. Retreating into enemy lines can get nasty...

Ceban

Brigadier-General
beating PvP aint challenge, its way to easy and if you go and beat them then why you shouldnt deserve reward, what is wrong with plundering??? about era camping i have bad oppinion cause of different reasons, not related to PvP, i have some understanding for camping only in 2 eras, in FE and in VF, everything else is insanity, not serious playing or lack of skill or some combination of those 3.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
...Who doesn't keep an enemies list? I've been keeping one since kindergarten. Are you saying that this isn't normal? How else would someone keep track of all their revenging? :?
What if I keep track of them by writing them all down upon the flayed hides of my enemies?
I mean, what good is an 'Enemies List' if you're also not constantly adding victi... er I mean, 'deserving candidates' to it?:P

Charging in the opposite direction is fine. Just make sure all your retreats are in the right direction. Retreating into enemy lines can get nasty...
That's no problem so long as one always remembers the Rule of Skavendom no.13; "when in doubt, send more slaves!" ;)

...also helpful to always remember rule no.9; "it's not a disastrous misfire, rather I simply call it a 'catastrophic success'!"