• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Epic Empires - August Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hey every one :)

Last few days for this competition now, this one closes midnight on the 31st GMT. Keep them coming ! Some great entries here :D

DeletedUser

I'm going to submit my 'self-sufficient' Bronze Age city from my Peaceful and Self-sufficient challenge.

Late BA City.jpg

DeletedUser15432

This is my submission (I have taken 4 screen shots one for each quadrant)

City Name - Konigsberg
Server - Fel Dranghyr (EN5)
Guild - Private Trading

North East Corner
Konigsberg North East Corner 28.08.14.jpg
North West Corner
Konigsberg North West Corner 28.08.14.jpg
South West Corner
Konigsberg South East Corner 28.08.14.jpg
South East Corner
Konigsberg South West Corner 28.08.14.jpg

Thanks to information received from Hippocratia, they are now in spoilers

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9168

To add spoiler tags for large size images, on the 'go advanced' option, highlight the images and click the last-but-one button on the bottom row.

Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 14.26.01.png

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Ddevil City in Cirgard

Player: Ddevil
World: Cirgard
City: Ddevil City

cirgard_FS2.jpg

First of all I would like to clarify this is not an Epic empire ... Just a simple village in the Bronze Age which prides itself on peacefulness and happiness ... Everybody's always happy in this village ....

This village has 3 different class of people just as it always been the case... the rich and powerful who stay aloof in the large Luxurious Chalets which have been built in close proximity of all that this village can offer ... the town hall (where most of these residents work as very high officials), a Theater, a spiritual retreat (in the form of Straw Hut), A school for their kids, and a Large fruit market ... then comes the Common man or in better words the middle income level people who have built themselves a thatched house and also stay quite close to the school and the fruit market ...they live in between the rich and poor ... and the last comes the lower income level or the poor people who live in stilt houses ... the only luxury they have is the tavern which is situated very close to their houses but far away from other buildings in the village ... As always been the case, these lower level people have their own leader whom they look upon, idolize and have built a statue in remembrance of him...

There's a place allocated separately for a scared baobab tree which the villagers call as "Tree of life" and believe it as a symbol of life and positivity (happines) for all...

The village has built their Queen's Statue - a very nice heavily spent highly decorated piece - and have had it placed right at the entrance for all the visitors to see and admire the beauty and grace of their queen ... two victory towers guard just outside the village... As we move towards the main building of the village - The Town Hall from the entrance, we can see the military buildings along with a blacksmith (without which they cannot have the weapons needed) and the village's main source of business - trading in Dye and Wood / lumber ....

As i said not much of an Epic Empire this but just a simple happy and peaceful village of the (G)olden days ... Hope you guys like it ...

thank you

regards

ddevil

DeletedUser15432

I would have added a reputation but at the moment can not add further reputation until I find some worthy quotes, threads, text to add additional reputation to

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I would have added a reputation but at the moment can not add further reputation until I find some worthy quotes, threads, text to add additional reputation to

Thanks Pzk ...Your this comment is itself a reputation for me and by the way in the meantime someone else also liked my write-up and has given me a reputation ... I thank that anonymous rep giver also for the reputation on my write up ...

it would be nice if we can know who's giving us the reputations so that we can thank them directly...Dont really understand why that has to be anonymous ...

DeletedUser

it would be nice if we can know who's giving us the reputations so that we can thank them directly...Dont really understand why that has to be anonymous ...

I went through the thread and gave reputation to all the cities that I liked as I thought it might be a nice thing to do. It is possible to add your name in the comment that goes with the reputation.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I went through the thread and gave reputation to all the cities that I liked as I thought it might be a nice thing to do. It is possible to add your name in the comment that goes with the reputation.

The reputation was not about my city ...it was about my write-up .... Makes me think maybe my city's not as good as my write up of it ...LOL...

DeletedUser

The reputation was not about my city ...it was about my write-up .... Makes me think maybe my city's not as good as my write up of it ...LOL...

Well, if you post an image of your city, maybe we can judge that too; plus you'll get a chance at winning the prize. :D

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Well, if you post an image of your city, maybe we can judge that too; plus you'll get a chance at winning the prize. :D

I have posted the image of my city (in the spoilers) along with the write up .... and I have been getting reps for my write-up only with no mention about my city ... Now it makes me wonder is the image of my city invisible to everybody ??? ...LOL

DeletedUser

I have posted the image of my city (in the spoilers) along with the write up .... and I have been getting reps for my write-up only with no mention about my city ... Now it makes me wonder is the image of my city invisible to everybody ??? ...LOL

I've been back to check and I can see your city now.

DeletedUser5180

i always leave my name after my comments when i leave rep..............i think it makes sense :)

Status
Not open for further replies.