• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Epic Empires - August Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

logo.png

Do you have a beautiful city you'd like to share? We are on the lookout for some awe-inspiring, innovative or creative city pics.

Submit an "e-Pic" of your Empire for a chance at grabbing the title of the e-Pic Empire contest!

And we're giving 1000 diamonds to the winner every month.

How to submit your city

It's easy to submit your city picture. Simply take a screenshot of your city (it has to be your city!), upload it (Imgur is a pretty good, free, upload site), and then add a link to your picture in a reply below.

To submit your entry, you will need a forum account. If you don't already have one, you can register to the forums quickly and easily here.

On the 1st of every month the Community Manager will go through all your entries and choose 1 winner, who will then be awarded 1000 diamonds!

All winners will be added onto the Epic Empires Winners Thread each month so you can view their amazing work.

We look forward to seeing your beautiful Empires!

Rules
  • 1 entry is permitted per month.
  • The city must belong to the person posting it.
  • Images must be no larger than 1024 x 768 and under 500kb.
  • Those adding more than one image, the first entry will count only.

DeletedUser1081

Just a question, please: Is the title of this competition Innogames's way of clarifying that the "empires" we're supposed to be "forging" are simply our cities, rather than guilds, alliances, GvG territories or whatever else some players have been imagining in various threads?

DeletedUser

Just a question, please: Is the title of this competition Innogames's way of clarifying that the "empires" we're supposed to be "forging" are simply our cities, rather than guilds, alliances, GvG territories or whatever else some players have been imagining in various threads?

Well, it is a forge your own empire game, but this was a little something that we thought up here as the old competition was there for quite some time so we decided to post a new one.

We also welcome any ideas for future competitions too :)

DeletedUser5180

because i play on a laptop and my city uses the max expansions for PME i cannot view my whole city on screen

any suggestions so i can still take part.?

Amy Steele

General
It doesn't necessarily have to be an image of your whole city... I play on a laptop too and can only see about a quarter of my city at a time - this has an advantage in that you can pick the prettiest, or tidiest part ;)

DeletedUser6395

I can't see anymore than a small portion of my city at any one time...so I do a screen capture and save it....scroll and redo a capture etc...and then eventually edit them and stitch them all together. It's a long process but it's the only way I know of getting a full picture. There are some downloadable programs that allow for a scrolling capture...but I've yet to find one that works.

DeletedUser6395

In reply to Amy's response..."Picking the prettiest or tidest part"...is a bit of a cop out...and when the reward of 1,000 diamonds is the prize...it ought to be awarded to the city as a whole and not just an edited part that looks good. We can all edit sections of our cities that look good. This contest should be based on complete cities to justify the reward.

DeletedUser

if you zoom out your browser in settings, you can then get a shot of your city all in one go if you want to.

Amy Steele

General
In reply to Amy's response..."Picking the prettiest or tidest part"...is a bit of a cop out...and when the reward of 1,000 diamonds is the prize...it ought to be awarded to the city as a whole and not just an edited part that looks good. We can all edit sections of our cities that look good. This contest should be based on complete cities to justify the reward.

Point taken ophion - thanks for the tip as to how to make a picture of your whole city too :)

DeletedUser9168

if you have an ipad, you seem to be able to condense your city to fit a lot more in a screenshot. Alternatively a bigger screen works well too.

DeletedUser1081

if you zoom out your browser in settings, you can then get a shot of your city all in one go if you want to.

?! Which settings allow me to zoom out my browser, please?
(Bear in mind that not everyone has a large monitor!)

DeletedUser

Good question ! On mine I use chrome so it is top right on this browser to hit the settings, then zoom. Though depending which browser you are using it could elsewhere on the screen. Normally it is at the top left or right of the browser page though.

DeletedUser11691

I try zooming out chrome but won't let the city to zoom out to see the full city view.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

hmmmm... my chrome also will only allow me to a certain point then i cant get city centre page, i definitely managed this previously, maybe it is internet explorer, but i found chrome better for game play than IE so deleted it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.