• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Bug Feedback] GvG: Enough is Enough

DeletedUser99438

We've sent an email direct to someone higher up. We've received a reply, I'm just waiting to reciprocate later when we have a bit more head space.

All I can say at this point is, we are being heard.

Please encourage all GvGers (including the ones that gave up hope) to come out here and have their say. Because the silence we have shown (by either giving up on GvG or not reporting issues) over the last "18 months" has to some degree only prove to give the impression that the problems are improving.

To meet the needs of a more in-depth discussion that can't be catered for on this thread, a forum has been set up to discuss topics related to the relevance/importance of GvG in general. After you have noted your GvG experiences related to the impact of bugs/faults on this thread, please feel free to share your opinions further on:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gvg-importance-relevance.36204/

Also, on that thread, we'd love to hear from some more app players that I've heard would like to play GvG but aren't given the option.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112892

We've sent an email direct to someone higher up. We've received a reply, I'm just waiting to reciprocate later when we have a bit more head space.
As I stated earlier, I doubt you will get any answer from Inno if you sent a message to their HQ mail. Even if you do, they will direct you again to forums.
The reason for that is simple, as I also already stated earlier. Inno doesn't hold only one game and their HQ team doesn't have anything to do with FoE technical problems.
But, you can always try :)

DeletedUser99438

As I stated earlier, I doubt you will get any answer from Inno if you sent a message to their HQ mail. Even if you do, they will direct you again to forums.
The reason for that is simple, as I also already stated earlier. Inno doesn't hold only one game and their HQ team doesn't have anything to do with FoE technical problems.
But, you can always try :)

Be a good idea to read fully before making a statement!

Agent327

Overlord
Also we'd love to hear from some more app players that I've heard would like to play GvG but aren't given the option.

That would not have any use and would only take focus away of what you are trying to achieve.

Inno has already stated they can not code GvG for the app, so it will never come to the app, no matter how many players would like it to happen.

DeletedUser99438

We're not advocating implementation of GvG as a feature to the app. Merely, we are showing that interest in GvG is larger than it appears on the face of it and that there are other influences preventing GvG participation (presides lack of interest) such as no access on the app and conditions that make it unbearable to play by browser.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
I will just write what is working FOR ME and whats not NOW after that FOE tune up, 1 week ago.
I play every day GvG. If you have good internet connection, and good PC (above normal) its like that:

To the Developers of Forge of Empires

1. When there is more than one siege active at the same time, opening any other sector will see a copy of the other sector under siege, thus one cannot access the targeted sector. To explain further, one will see the siege army, defences and sector details for the other sector. This means one cannot lay a siege on any other sector, place a defence or kill a siege on the sector targeted. The only fix for this is to wait for the siege on the other sector to end or reload the maps. Reloading the maps doesn’t always fix the issue though.
TRUE: Sometimes that happens, and you need to go out and back to the map. NEED REPAIRE

2. Another copying issue, it often appears like there are two sieges on the sector (visual double set of siege swords that hover over the sector).
FALSE, ITS OK

3. Clicking on the icon to place siege doesn’t function at times, thus one cannot place a siege.
FALSE, ITS OK

4. Clicking to open sector doesn’t function at times – requires several clicks, sometimes having to wait for the siege to end, or a total reload of the maps. This prevents one doing any action at all, be it to fight, siege or place a defence.
FALSE, ITS OK

5. Clicking on a sector to place siege or defence can crash the game completely, meaning at times there is several reloads during one period of calculation.
FALSE, ITS OK

6. When fighting on “autobattle”, the results screen does not appear, sometimes the fight that one completed does not log. At times, several battles can be done without a results screen and then several results screens, or several “conflict issue” pop ups appear later, one after the other. Sometimes it appears as if more screens appear than actions were completed. This is hindering any further action until the screens stop appearing, sectors can be lost in this time that could have otherwise been prevented.
TRUE and FALSE: After many fights the game slows done, realy slows down, and at this points the result pop up screen, may take 1-5 sec before pop up. So you open a sector, and after that pop up that window.

7. When fighting the selected army does not remain in the troop panel, rather it goes blank and one has to re-select troops to fight/defend. There are times when it takes 3 to 4 attempts to select 8 troops for battle. Further, one may enter a battle with 8 troops in the panel, but the results window will show troops missing after the battle is complete. Oftentimes troops are being unnecessarily and unfairly lost due to the system not registering the troops selected by the player. Thus, the battle goes on with 5 or 6 rogues and no deciding troop.
TRUE and FALSE: After 1 week this is working just fine, ONLY if you are on very bad connection (mobile hotspot...) its can stil happen.

8. Defence Issue, even outside of the usual busy periods. When one places a defence in a sector, you take down the troops already in place, in order to put up troops for the defence. After placing the defence, the old troops reappear instead of a clean panel. A bit of a nuisance when you are trying to place several defences, since you have to continue to take them down again each time. Manual fix for this is take the troops down, close the sector and reopen, then you can work away as normal (this is not acceptable to have to do this – but it is stated in case that helps you diagnose the issues going on here).
TRUE and FALSE: I think this is how the game works. It can be very usefulle. TIP: Select 7 rogues + 1 normal units. If you fight + placing DAs like that its very good. And yes, if you not like this, deselect the units, close, and reopen the window.

9. The map freezes, like it’s stuck in time, it doesn’t update. Thus, one can watch a map and think there are no actions, despite the fact that a siege is ongoing. Again a reload is the only manual fix for this.
TRUE 100%: After that new tune up 1 week ago, this happens now much, much more often.

10. Lag is consistent throughout every calculation period and onwards, it creates a sharp jittery freeze that stagnates the game, makes actions sluggish and slow or causes excessively long loading issues between actions.
TRUE and FALSE: Now is much, much better. On poor connection you have more lag, but after some fights even on good connection this can be worse.

11. HQs disappear – even though they have not been moved.
FALSE, ITS OK

DeletedUser115102

I have played this game for a long time and like most here want action over the GvG bugs and issues while I totally understand the mod here arent the devs of the game and this isn't about us getting at or blaming you for these bugs and issues most of us have sat by for so long waiting for Inno to start to repair GvG a course of action needed to be started. In my experience of the game the longest serving players and most active players in the game are predominantly those who play GvG the most active Guilds in the game are also those taking an active role in GvG. There have been so many known bugs for so long and nothing seems to ever be done to fix them. Its been a long time now since Inno has seemed to tackle any issues in GvG and hope that we as a community can show enough support in demanding Inno to start to fix this aspect of the game.

Agent327

Overlord
We're not advocating implementation of GvG as a feature to the app. Merely, we are showing that interest in GvG is larger than it appears on the face of it and that there are other influences preventing GvG participation (presides lack of interest) such as no access on the app and conditions that make it unbearable to play by browser.

They can see the number of players that play GvG. They know interest in it is larger, but they also know that since they can not code it for the app, they can not cater to that interest. Show them how many want to play it but can't and will never be able to, they are more likely to ditch GvG alltogether and come up with somethingh new both platforms can participate in. For that reason they replaced the Treasure Hunt with Incidents. Is that what you want? No more GvG and a replacement that is not remotely like it?

DeletedUser99588

They can see the number of players that play GvG. They know interest in it is larger, but they also know that since they can not code it for the app, they can not cater to that interest. Show them how many want to play it but can't and will never be able to, they are more likely to ditch GvG alltogether and come up with somethingh new both platforms can participate in. For that reason they replaced the Treasure Hunt with Incidents. Is that what you want? No more GvG and a replacement that is not remotely like it?

I think the point is that there could be quite a number of app users that might be encouraged to play using browser if GvG wasn't dogged with these problems. It is quite disheartening for those without GvG experience to go to the effort of joining in only to find out it is plagued with bugs.

My personal opinion though is that they aren't capable of fixing these issues. The programmers are not up to it and the bean counters will not allow a better server configuration to be used due to cost. It is a company after all and they will do the minimum they have to as long as the revenue is coming in. Someone would have to prove that fixing GvG will bring in a significant amount of additional money for it to even to be considered a high enough priority for the right talent to be put on the problem.

DeletedUser115097

I love gvg..I enjoy the team work required to be successful, and I enjoy having a point to the game, a reason to grow gb’s and become stronger. GE doesn’t do this, and no other element of the game provides ‘purpose’ in the same way. It is in fact the only element of the game which provides longevity as a player.

I have been fighting in gvg for a long time and the issues described in this thread have been ever present. Many players have reduced or stopped their gvg participation due to these issues impairing their ability to fight effectively. This player loss impacts us all and over time reduces the strength of gvg and it’s ability to offer the players a fun and useful gaming experience.

It is reasonable to conclude that the bugs described in this thread will not only continue to diminish gvg, but will also affect player retention, player longevity, and the ongoing success of forge of empires. I don’t want this to happen, the players on this forum don’t want this to happen, the many players who are represented by those on this forum don’t want it to happen, and I’m sure innogames don’t want it to happen either.

The solution of providing additional resource to the devs of this game to properly address these issues seems to be the best course of action for innogames to provide longevity and continued success for the game, and I fully support any action by players, mods, and devs which highlight these issues and lead to innogames making the best decision for all.

DeletedUser115103

GvG is a major part of the game for me and there are enough bugs in it that I get frustrated with the entire game. The original post of the thread captures the issues.

Agent327

Overlord
I think the point is that there could be quite a number of app users that might be encouraged to play using browser if GvG wasn't dogged with these problems. It is quite disheartening for those without GvG experience to go to the effort of joining in only to find out it is plagued with bugs.

Do you really believe that?

There are more app users than PC users, while the game plays much easier and better on the PC than on the app. Yet, that does not make them move to the PC.

My personal opinion though is that they aren't capable of fixing these issues. The programmers are not up to it and the bean counters will not allow a better server configuration to be used due to cost. It is a company after all and they will do the minimum they have to as long as the revenue is coming in. Someone would have to prove that fixing GvG will bring in a significant amount of additional money for it to even to be considered a high enough priority for the right talent to be put on the problem.

I agree with you there although I doubt a better server configuration will make any difference. Also GvG is only been played by a select group. No way it will bring enough money to make any difference.

Agent327

Overlord
I love gvg..I enjoy the team work required to be successful, and I enjoy having a point to the game, a reason to grow gb’s and become stronger. GE doesn’t do this, and no other element of the game provides ‘purpose’ in the same way. It is in fact the only element of the game which provides longevity as a player.

For you, but not for many other players. GE also requires you to grow GB's and become stronger if you want to do it fighting. On that point it does not differ from GE.

I have been fighting in gvg for a long time and the issues described in this thread have been ever present. Many players have reduced or stopped their gvg participation due to these issues impairing their ability to fight effectively. This player loss impacts us all and over time reduces the strength of gvg and it’s ability to offer the players a fun and useful gaming experience.

You are exaggerating. Fight effectively in GE is using 1 unit and 7 rogues, move the unit to the side and hit auto. I hardly call that fighting.

It is reasonable to conclude that the bugs described in this thread will not only continue to diminish gvg, but will also affect player retention, player longevity, and the ongoing success of forge of empires. I don’t want this to happen, the players on this forum don’t want this to happen, the many players who are represented by those on this forum don’t want it to happen, and I’m sure innogames don’t want it to happen either.

You don't know that and have absolutely no proof of it. It's a non argument.

The solution of providing additional resource to the devs of this game to properly address these issues seems to be the best course of action for innogames to provide longevity and continued success for the game, and I fully support any action by players, mods, and devs which highlight these issues and lead to innogames making the best decision for all.

True, but question is if the money spend is worth it, just to please a relatively small number of players. Best decision for all if you look from the company's point of view is to ditch GvG. Not that I say the should, but it would be a wise decision.