• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Bug Feedback] GvG: Enough is Enough

DeletedUser97166

Or maybe you just don't push the fight button that quickly :P
The cheek of it lol. I'll have to know I am like a ninja fighting and sieging lol
I have a new-ish computer with good specs. I also refresh 10seconds before reset (or as close to that if I am on releases) to try and prevent the issues discussed. I only really see issues when I sit with the same map open for a very long time without doing anything with it.

DeletedUser99588

I only really see issues when I sit with the same map open for a very long time without doing anything with it.

I'd expect you to see the problems more often then :D

New(ish) computer might be a help if it has more memory. I'm sure some of the animation issues are down to memory leakage where it isn't releasing memory properly and just continually uses more until the point where the animations fail/glitch. Whether that is Flash or just poor programming I don't know. Some of the issues at reset seem to be more related to too big a burden being placed on servers. I.e. lag and pop ups opening in wrong sequence and troops going awol. I've only really noticed those things when lots of fighters/defenders are going at it on one sector.

DeletedUser97166

Ok, so tonight someone suggested I try out the HTML5 client option, so I did......and it sucks.
I crashed
I lagged
Sieges didn't show up
The fact the guild who was laying the siege changed to an ally but didn't update so YEP I KILLED THEM.
I tried my usual 10secs before recalc refresh, and missed the first siege because it took so long getting back on.
I refreshed halfway through and missed two more sieges and finally gave up, turned it off and was back to having no issues.

So my real point here is.....
How many people reporting bugs here are using the HTML5?

DeletedUser

Ok, so tonight someone suggested I try out the HTML5 client option, so I did......and it sucks.
I crashed
I lagged
Sieges didn't show up
The fact the guild who was laying the siege changed to an ally but didn't update so YEP I KILLED THEM.
I tried my usual 10secs before recalc refresh, and missed the first siege because it took so long getting back on.
I refreshed halfway through and missed two more sieges and finally gave up, turned it off and was back to having no issues.

Yea HTML5 has a little way to go yet :)

DeletedUser

New(ish) computer might be a help if it has more memory. I'm sure some of the animation issues are down to memory leakage where it isn't releasing memory properly and just continually uses more until the point where the animations fail/glitch. Whether that is Flash or just poor programming I don't know.
Yea I think you are correct here, because if you experiment with browser the results vary and those browsers that handle flash better don't leak on memory as much.

Agent327

Overlord
Yea I think you are correct here, because if you experiment with browser the results vary and those browsers that handle flash better don't leak on memory as much.

So you are harrassing Inno for something you are partly causing yourself?

Last edited:

DeletedUser99588

SDo you harrassing Inno for something you are partly causing yourself?

Indeed we should all be hung drawn and quartered for using a browser to play a web based game. Send em all to the gallows NOW!!!!

On a more serious note thank you for experimenting with the browsers Mithrander I'm sure the devs will appreciate the time and effort you have put in.

DeletedUser99588

All manner of computers experience these issues. Some people reporting have high powered machines.

HTML is unusuable

The frequency in which they experience the problems might be associated with how much memory they have in which case it raises the possibility of some of the problems being due to memory leakage. It is highly unlikely that there is one fix for all the issues being experienced. The more information provided the better and although it is unlikely everyone is going to share their computer spec when reporting here it is probably what is needed. Repeatedly stating the same problem does give them an idea about frequency but doesn't help them narrow down cause or common factors with each of the issues.

It would be nice if Inno took the bull by the horns and setup a decent method of reporting these issues experienced on the live server rather than having to publish to all here in the forum. Including feedback from them regarding the issues raised.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
All manner of computers experience these issues. Some people reporting have high powered machines.

HTML is unusuable

I have to agree with this.

I am a developer myself, so I have a range of browsers installed to test my code thoroughly. I would say that HTML5 is significantly slower in all of them, and some of them practically grind to a halt after a few battles. Probably the best performance is with Opera, but Flash is still better, particularly on Firefox and Edge.

The HTML5 version needs to improve significantly before I use it routinely.

It's a shame; I was hoping for better.

Last edited:

DeletedUser108047

Took a sector on an undefended and quiet map last night. was the only player on the map on a smaller server. Still had the following problems:
  • clicking view sector showed adjacent sector we already held
  • troops reappearing in army view after having been removed, sometimes twice in a row
  • sector not showing progress of attack
  • siege took a long while to acknowledge as placed
  • had to closeout to overview to refresh map to see progress (and to see if anyone else was around) regularly
  • battle result display sequence out of order
  • troop display lagging so badly that battle result showed troops as per original selection, close and hit auto battle only to find that the 1 in the 7+1 set up had been killed and so 7 rogues went off to their death...

DeletedUser

I know the solution!

Throw your PC and windows crap in the dumpster or give it to a devoted nerd or ddos attacker and buy a Mac.
This is such a lifesaver.
I have not any issue with GvG with my Mac.
My PC though... sighs!

Agent327

Overlord
I know the solution!

Throw your PC and windows crap in the dumpster or give it to a devoted nerd or ddos attacker and buy an Mac.
This is such a lifesaver.
I have not any issue with GvG with my Mac.
My PC though... sighs!

Only have an iPad, so can't check it.

DeletedUser

Only have an iPad, so can't check it.

I am not only a woman but a semi nerd too.
So I had to try it and it works so well for games.
Other than that less freedom even than the restrictive win 10
At least perhaps there is freedom but in an apple kinda way.
So very different from a PC.

DeletedUser115108

I think that this is a great game concept. Not every bit of it is amazing, but the whole is something that I really look forward to playing, and the odd bit that appeals less, well, I tend to ignore some of the quests, for example.

Reset, or calculation, which I love, is something I mostly cannot manage. Three days a week is my max. Sometimes things work, often a little thing will go wrong. Well, computers have glitches don’t they?

However, tonight, everything went wrong.

It became a night of clearing cache and resetting. All night. Clear cache and reset. Load up an army, they won’t load. CC and refresh. Ah, they’re loading. However, the sector your guild is attacking is shown as an NPC. But your guild has a siege army there. There are no battle bubbles floating up, but you know they are fighting. CC and refresh. And there are lots more malfunctions, and lots more CC and refresh. Out of about a dozen sectors where battle took place, I managed to join in about three times. This is so, so frustrating.

Well, I’ve heard about this thread – full of disgruntled moaners – beset by a secret agent troll – and I have not been inclined to join in. But tonight, well, here I am.

All of the things that happen to me are mentioned here. All of them, and more. It appears that nobody is doing anything about it. Maybe they are, but without success.

May I suggest something.

Maybe the concept is not capable of being achieved. It is a great, great game if it works. But it’s not working. So maybe you have to, reluctantly, cut back on some of the features.

People who play for nothing cannot really complain. As it is, this game is definitely worth playing, bugs and all, if it’s free. But I pay diamonds. Hundreds of pounds I have paid. I have to tell you that it’s not fit for purpose. Really, I am entitled to my money back.

Grasp the nettle, please, if you cannot fix it. Cut back on some of the features, however attractive they may be, and present us with something that works.

Chunky24

DeletedUser99438

I'll update the table tomorrow, need sleep :) And I'll add mine then too. Thanks for the feedback guys. The good thing is that Innogames did say on the Live Stream Chat that GvG is expecting some work done to it, not really sure what it translates to, but something to look forward to! Keep the spirits high :)