• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Bug Feedback] GvG: Enough is Enough

DeletedUser99438

1. When there is more than one siege active at the same time, opening any other sector will see a copy of the other sector under siege, thus one cannot access the targeted sector. To explain further, one will see the siege army, defences and sector details for the other sector. This means one cannot lay a siege on any other sector, place a defence or kill a siege on the sector targeted. The only fix for this is to wait for the siege on the other sector to end or reload the maps. Reloading the maps doesn’t always fix the issue though.

03/09/2018 Bug as above

Galechade

Corporal
Hi Gale thanks a million for your input. Just to ensure I note this right, is that when you can see swords flying up from another map or are you seeing something else? I'm finding it hard to picture this one, apologies
Yes, happens quite often on the FE and TE maps for me. There is a siege on TE, and I see the black and grey flying swords on the FE map, usually rising out of the water. Totally through me off the first time until I figured out what it was. It continues even after refreshing. I shared a screenshot a while back with my guild. Not sure I still have it, but will look for it.

DeletedUser99438

Yes, happens quite often on the FE and TE maps for me. There is a siege on TE, and I see the black and grey flying swords on the FE map, usually rising out of the water. Totally through me off the first time until I figured out what it was. It continues even after refreshing. I shared a screenshot a while back with my guild. Not sure I still have it, but will look for it.

Thanks Gale, I'll update the table accrodingly in a bit, appreciate it

DeletedUser99438

Thanks a million to all who have shared their experiences and I have updated the table with any bugs. If ever a bug report is missing please don't hesitate to let us know.

Let me point out a large number of players play GvG in a passive context such as farming. Maybe they don't experience the bugs, doesn't men the bugs don't exist

Very true Firestorm thanks for sharing, good to hear from non fighting GvGers, we all make up a team :)

I’ve been on the app for about 6 months now, building up my city, GB’s etc for the sole purpose of playing GVG once I’m strong enough and have a new laptop... Reading all these negative comments about issues with GVG are now making me wonder why I’m bothering

With any bit of luck it'll be worth it :)

I do admit, they should really either get rid of GvG altogether or work on it until it is at least at running condition.

It'd be nice to see it running :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Galladhorn

Monarch
I just want to add as I did to the other GvG tread recently that even GvG is not the most attended part of FoE it still counters around the gestimated chunk of 40-60K GvG players on average, perhaps more – Which includes the most dedicated players of FoE including all the top guild leaders and those who like the fighting, strategic, tactical and competitive side of the game – not to mention that team effort is required to obtain succes and that each player does play wihtout getting any fancy awards for their play and are also not asking for it. – Just the simple request that GvG works wihout so many bugs and lag problems.

I used to be in a leaderole of a competitive GvG guild, but I dropped because of among other things Server Lag making the GvG not enjoyable.

Last edited:

DeletedUser108179

Support tickets were developed to address our needs as players... our needs are going unheard ...so we will continue to post tickets until we're heard. There is no improvement to GvG issues.
Solving GvG issues costs money (servers, development). Dumping out more events brings money (diamond sales). Inno's choice obvious.

DeletedUser99438

I just want to add as I did to the other GvG tread recently that even GvG is not the most attended part of FoE it still counters around the getimated chunk of 40-60K GvG players on average, perhaps more – Which includes the most dedicated players of FoE including all the top guild leaders and those who like the fighting, strategic, tactical and competitive side of the game – not to mention that team effort is required to obtain succes and that each player does play wihtout getting any fancy awards for their play and are also not asking for it. – Just the simple request that GvG works wihout so many bugs and lag problems.
Solving GvG issues costs money (servers, development). Dumping out more events brings money (diamond sales). Inno's choice obvious.

People are discussing these topics here :)
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...importance-relevance.36204/page-2#post-290542

DeletedUser114760

To the Developers of Forge of Empires

We write once again to express our disdain at the lack of consideration that is shown toward fixing the crippling issues that prevail within the Guild vs Guild aspect of this game. Many of these issues have been reported several times, through multiple mediums, over the last three to four years, but no fix has yet been proposed. These issues are ever increasing and worsening with time and it is now near impossible to take any fluid action on these maps.

Guild vs Guild is an important aspect of the game to many of us, for some it is the only reason we play. The Guild vs Guild issues have seen the end of many good, longstanding players in the past. No amount of “events” or “guild expeditions” will be able to replace this aspect of the game for the avid GvGer. No doubt, if Guild vs Guild is taken from the equation completely, many more will leave. It is no longer acceptable to us, to have to play a game under such horrendous and frustrating conditions, indefinitely. We’ve been waiting patiently for three to four years and this in and of itself is an unacceptable period of time.

Thus, we urge you to make it a priority to fix some of the most crippling issues that are preventing a fluid and fair game on Guild vs Guild. In your consideration of this issue, we refer to you a statement made by Stefan Walter in July 2017 article of Pocket Gamer .biz.

“A big part of it is listening to players, and being open to information that comes from all sides ... We try and keep our core as it is, because we still have those players who have followed us for so long. You can't implement something which totally breaks their experience.”

It should be noted: We do not feel listened to regarding this issue, we have never felt listened to, and you are totally breaking the experience of loyal and longstanding players. We urge you to take notice and fix the game we love.

[New Edit:
To be fair it should also be noted that while we can appreciate that Innogames have made attempts to improve the GvG issues over the years, majoritively those improvements have not positively impacted the quality of the gameplay from at least some of the players perspectives. Rather, in practise what has been seen is conditions that worsen with every “update” or “event” and with every passing year, until we’re left with multiple bugs and a virtually unplayable game. Some of the issues that were stated in the initial letter were being reported from as early as the year 2015 and are still being experienced today, while others are relatively new. All outlined have been experienced by numerous players, are not isolated to a few individuals and have caused great difficulty in ability to play the game. In light of these facts, we could only be of the view that the issues are not being addressed appropriately. From our perspective, there was no improvement to GvG for at least three years.]

All of the issues below are experienced throughout every calculation for the majority of players. The issues are consistently present and make the game unplayable for many. Particularly in the first 10 to 20 mins of the game. Of late, the issues now continue even during the supposed quieter times, which was not previously characteristic.

1. When there is more than one siege active at the same time, opening any other sector will see a copy of the other sector under siege, thus one cannot access the targeted sector. To explain further, one will see the siege army, defences and sector details for the other sector. This means one cannot lay a siege on any other sector, place a defence or kill a siege on the sector targeted. The only fix for this is to wait for the siege on the other sector to end or reload the maps. Reloading the maps doesn’t always fix the issue though.

2. Another copying issue, it often appears like there are two sieges on the sector (visual double set of siege swords that hover over the sector).

3. Clicking on the icon to place siege doesn’t function at times, thus one cannot place a siege.

4. Clicking to open sector doesn’t function at times – requires several clicks, sometimes having to wait for the siege to end, or a total reload of the maps. This prevents one doing any action at all, be it to fight, siege or place a defence.

5. Clicking on a sector to place siege or defence can crash the game completely, meaning at times there is several reloads during one period of calculation.

6. When fighting on “autobattle”, the results screen does not appear, sometimes the fight that one completed does not log. At times, several battles can be done without a results screen and then several results screens, or several “conflict issue” pop ups appear later, one after the other. Sometimes it appears as if more screens appear than actions were completed. This is hindering any further action until the screens stop appearing, sectors can be lost in this time that could have otherwise been prevented.

7. When fighting the selected army does not remain in the troop panel, rather it goes blank and one has to re-select troops to fight/defend. There are times when it takes 3 to 4 attempts to select 8 troops for battle. Further, one may enter a battle with 8 troops in the panel, but the results window will show troops missing after the battle is complete. Oftentimes troops are being unnecessarily and unfairly lost due to the system not registering the troops selected by the player. Thus, the battle goes on with 5 or 6 rogues and no deciding troop.

8. Defence Issue, even outside of the usual busy periods. When one places a defence in a sector, you take down the troops already in place, in order to put up troops for the defence. After placing the defence, the old troops reappear instead of a clean panel. A bit of a nuisance when you are trying to place several defences, since you have to continue to take them down again each time. Manual fix for this is take the troops down, close the sector and reopen, then you can work away as normal (this is not acceptable to have to do this – but it is stated in case that helps you diagnose the issues going on here).

9. The map freezes, like it’s stuck in time, it doesn’t update. Thus, one can watch a map and think there are no actions, despite the fact that a siege is ongoing. Again a reload is the only manual fix for this.

10. Lag is consistent throughout every calculation period and onwards, it creates a sharp jittery freeze that stagnates the game, makes actions sluggish and slow or causes excessively long loading issues between actions.

11. HQs disappear – even though they have not been moved.

DeletedUser108571

4th Sept....I was fighting on Contemp map and at end of fight I noticed some of my city defense army was missing....given that they are VF troops I know i didn't click on them by mistake while fighting CE...

DeletedUser103054

4th Sep,,,,,Noticed alot of my troops missing from my inventory. :(

DeletedUser

Good evening folks

ER and myself would thank everyone for keeping this on topic and providing feedback in a positive way

DeletedUser99438

4th Sept....I was fighting on Contemp map and at end of fight I noticed some of my city defense army was missing....given that they are VF troops I know i didn't click on them by mistake while fighting CE...

VF troops don't tend to show up on the other maps, that might be it Debs, you see them there outside of CE?

4th Sep,,,,,Noticed alot of my troops missing from my inventory.

Missing ? I'd say that's for support buddy

Emberguard

Legend
Okay if you say so it has to be true I am little informed about the rules an regulations on these specific forums.
But everything irrelevant for some goes for evaluation to the relevance thread?
This thread was created for the topic of discussing the bugs in GvG. In order to make it easier for any relevant parties to look through the thread, find the info they need and any discussion relevant that may give clues to the bugs behaviour it'd be best if this thread stays on topic (the table on the OP also helps make it easier to navigate). While one could use the bug forum, you would have to create a individual thread for each bug reported, whereas this thread allows a better documentation and compilation of all GvG bugs and how often they occur.

The relevance thread was made so instead of deleting anything too off topic those conversations have a place where they can remain intact and viewed. They are not being moved to be evaluated, they are being moved so you can keep your conversation.

DeletedUser

This thread was created for the topic of discussing the bugs in GvG. In order to make it easier for any relevant parties to look through the thread, find the info they need and any discussion relevant that may give clues to the bugs behaviour it'd be best if this thread stays on topic (the table on the OP also helps make it easier to navigate). While one could use the bug forum, you would have to create a individual thread for each bug reported, whereas this thread allows a better documentation and compilation of all GvG bugs and how often they occur.

The relevance thread was made so instead of deleting anything too off topic those conversations have a place where they can remain intact and viewed. They are not being moved to be evaluated, they are being moved so you can keep your conversation.

Oke I’ll try to be considerate about the things you mentioned.