• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Bug Feedback] GvG: Enough is Enough

Emberguard

Legend
GvG is a good zone to increase your points in the game... Top players have been farming Champions since the game started and have those high points... You can't do 300 fights a day with just a hood.

And because of GvG you increase the level of your guild.. Sure 9FPs look like a good reward for the "loss" you are dealing. And all the other 11% off the buildings... 34% faster recruitment and other bonuses.
Increase your game knowledge please, because I see you all on the forum sprouting nonsense and deceiving people.
I'll message you on this privately as we're getting off topic here :)

Thankyou for taking to PM

Just as a note here, I don't know if Ivan saw my post a little further down, but if a moderator requests a subject to be stopped to a user/s and go back on topic; that's not a invitation for anyone else to continue it further. Doing so isn't fair to the person you're replying to when they've already been told in the thread not to reply to that. Ignoring the request would give a user less excuse then whoever it was directed to

Last edited:

DeletedUser7796

Hello all. Sorry i have not read all post . But i believe that i agree from what i read. Everytimg at rest the guild is there me not as much since i am working but when i am there the issure i have is that i have to keep reset my page cause it is not doing anything. When i get back the fight is over. Also right after reset waiting for our siege to go up but in the mean time there siege is up already and have took out half or all of our sector but don't know this unless i reset the game. There are time sitting in an age checking the map don't see anything to have someone in the guild say there is a siege on us but i do not see till i reset and its to late. I want to put out a message saying there should be a floating reset time that can happen any time with in a certain time frame so no one can get ready for that.

DeletedUser101441

hello. Just to add my own thoughts and comments to the topic: first of all i would disagree slightly with what many of the post indicated as far as saying the issues highlighted are ones that have been prelevant past 3-4 years, most of the particular issues highlighted have only shown up in past year or so, however, as a player that started playing well before gvg came out and have actively taken part in it ever since it did, it has been clear that throughout the entire lifespan of gvg this part of the game has been buggy and the cries for gvg to be "fixed" have indeed lasted for years without ever getting to the point, in any point of time, where there were no issues at all. it is clearly not correct to say the inno people haven't implemented any fixes as such, because many of the bugs and other such issues have been fixed, but as time goes the more bugs there appears to be that are yet to find a solution and this is what causes the frustration. it has been long noted that during all these special events the gvg performance drops, the more events, the more bugs there seems to be. this is just a personal observation of many members of the game i've talked to. may of the issues in gvg got highlighted before it even hit the main servers, yet it seems almost every time theres problems highlighted on beta they simply get ignored opposed to working out a fully working solution before letting it live. and if an update is implemented and on beta it shows not to fix the problem or create other problems instead, they still seem to get implemented as is, irrelevant to feedback of not working as intended and various improvement suggestions.
As for the comments about majority/minority of players relating to this topic and importance of gvg, it is indeed true that gvg-ers are a massive minority as it stands, only half the guilds participate in gvg at all and the majority of those got maybe 1-5 fighters. even most larger guilds do not often exceed 10-20 fighters, so clearly a minority out of the whole of the players, but, while saying that, gvg is the only part of the game that involves, large amounts of teamwork, team spirit and co-operation, or at least used to, but due to the issues making this part near unplayable and thus exceedingly unenjoyable, this part is dieing, people are frusturated and leaving, leaving a stagnating feeling to most or at least many involved, and while these players are indeed a minority, as its been pointed out, these players are usually the most active and social ones so the sense of loss of these people is very much amplified over those players that jsut come, collect their own city and then go again.
Personally, i see the pleas to fix gvg as pleas to fix currently the only potentially real team-spirit inducing part of the game, as very little else requires people to really work together as a team. Now viewing it from the perspective that majority of new players are phone/tablet users, and saying that gvg in its current form is not something that can be transferred to phone use, it would be nice to be able to closely involve the ios members as well in all aspects of teamwork, not just passive support, so perhaps it is indeed time for the defs to put their heads together and work out a fully functioning solution accessible for all without all the other "on-clock" business and "who's got the best hardware and can click the fastest" nonsense. and for those wanting to do all that pvp farming, why not introduce somekinda pvp battlegrounds thingy while at it, and have a whole new ranking system for all 3(gvg, ge and pvp battlegrounds)? "sector farming" to kill a bunch of champs over and over again for fast pvp points certainly does not seem to fit the gvg aspect of the game, but thats jsut my opinion.
as for the table of bugs, observed yesterday, about 5 mins BEFORE clock- a guild sieged another guild, then siege vanished and got replaced with shield while still appearing to belong to the other guild, then the first guilds hq simply appeared to "vanish" as it was in fact moved to the new sector that still appeared to belong to the other guild. fixed upon refresh.

DeletedUser99438

hello. Just to add my own thoughts and comments to the topic: first of all i would disagree slightly with what many of the post indicated as far as saying the issues highlighted are ones that have been prelevant past 3-4 years, most of the particular issues highlighted have only shown up in past year or so, however, as a player that started playing well before gvg came out and have actively taken part in it ever since it did, it has been clear that throughout the entire lifespan of gvg this part of the game has been buggy and the cries for gvg to be "fixed" have indeed lasted for years without ever getting to the point, in any point of time, where there were no issues at all. it is clearly not correct to say the inno people haven't implemented any fixes as such, because many of the bugs and other such issues have been fixed, but as time goes the more bugs there appears to be that are yet to find a solution and this is what causes the frustration

Hi Kilssena,

Thank you for taking the time to express your experiences, they are greatly appreciated.

In response to the above, you are right in some respects, it is unfair to say Innogames haven't tried to make some adjustments, however while we can appreciate that Innogames have made attempts to improve the GvG issues over the years, majoritively those improvements have not positively impacted the quality of the gameplay from the players perspective. Rather, in practise what has been seen is conditions that worsen with every “update” or “event” and with every passing year, until we’re left with multiple bugs and a virtually unplayable game. Some of the issues that were stated in the initial letter were being reported from early as the year 2015 and are still being experienced today, while others are relatively new. All outlined have been experienced by numerous players, are not isolated to a few individuals and have caused great difficulty in ability to play the game. In light of these facts, we could only be of the view that the issues are not being addressed appropriately. From our perspective, there was no improvement to GvG for at least three years.

I'll update the table a little later with your fault report.

Thanks again Kilssena

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107470

Oh dear

We keep going around in circles,
Too many views are posted here based on there own agenda including the forum moderators.

Sending tickets through the support system has lead to direct changes before, so hence there is a valid point to using that method, If the forum moderators want to challenge this, examples will be given.

By challenging the forum moderators we are not going to achieve much. These guys are the only link we have to the developers, Personally I think it’s stupid as if we buy diamonds we should have the right to express our view direct to the business.

That aside, the biggest issue here is transparency. The forum moderators tells us they forwarded our opinions (where the majority agree), Its my belief that the forum moderators post a quick brief of what is being passed on to developers, this would help with the frustration. Plus feed back from developers would be good even if to say not urgent. This is about communication,

It’s time to lift the veil of secrecy

DeletedUser108239

31/08/18 - during reset the kills on our siege did not update, screen froze - I came out of sector when went back in only got veneer on the screen and unable to resiege. Had to come off map to lay another siege.

DeletedUser99438

Oh dear

We keep going around in circles,
Too many views are posted here based on there own agenda including the forum moderators.

Sending tickets through the support system has lead to direct changes before, so hence there is a valid point to using that method, If the forum moderators want to challenge this, examples will be given.

By challenging the forum moderators we are not going to achieve much. These guys are the only link we have to the developers, Personally I think it’s stupid as if we buy diamonds we should have the right to express our view direct to the business.

That aside, the biggest issue here is transparency. The forum moderators tells us they forwarded our opinions (where the majority agree), Its my belief that the forum moderators post a quick brief of what is being passed on to developers, this would help with the frustration. Plus feed back from developers would be good even if to say not urgent. This is about communication,

It’s time to lift the veil of secrecy

The communication issue has also been raised. Thanks a million for your feedback Galerius, much appreciated.

DeletedUser99438

31/08/2018 Took several clicks to open a sector, Siege Icon Blank/Unable to Siege thus, when you open the army control panel to siege, the area where the siege icon should be is blank. When clicking the guild chat dialogue input box, it opens the sectors behind it. When dropping the sector, unnecessary notification window popped up that stated the sector was under siege when it was not.

DeletedUser102583

I'm happy you brought these issues up. We have been contacting support with no results. The support is just telling 'they have better issues to take care about'. I hope this thread reach the developers. A lot of players will quit if these issues arent sorted out. We are sick and tired of it. GvG makes the game and without it we will quit I can guarantee it. With the bugs it isnt as fun as it could be so we are getting frustrated for sure. We really hope these bugs will get fixed or we will go. I am sure I am talking here for many old members.

I have to say I'm really glad to see this thread building momentum. I had almost resigned to the idea that inno won't be planning to invest resources into fixing GvG, which would've ultimately caused me to leave the game. GvG is the only reason I play this game. All my city developments are planned with GvG in mind.

I also like to give inno credit for starting to address some of the issues, even before this thread. I think there was an update a couple of weeks ago (the one that accelerated the process of donating FPs to GBs on the PC version) which caused GvG maps not updating to be less frequent. So there's hope after all :)

DeletedUser99438

Well done ER.
I hope this issues will be fixed, it truly would bring the fun back into GvG. Thank you for doing this .

Thanks Tufanj, something needed to be addressed before we all leave, which is becoming a reality and which would be a shame but ultimately that credit is due to everyone involved and everyone coming out to voice their experience. So let's hang in there guys, keep up the morale and keep notifying of the issues/sharing experiences. With any bit of luck our lucky stars will come in :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99438

Sieges "bleeding" through from other maps.

Hi Gale thanks a million for your input. Just to ensure I note this right, is that when you can see swords flying up from another map or are you seeing something else? I'm finding it hard to picture this one, apologies

DeletedUser

Thank you griaxe for your input we will update the main table shortly to include it