• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Bug Feedback] GvG: Enough is Enough

DeletedUser114563

I started in my 4 worlds by joining 4 big guilds, all 4 guilds played the GVG with very high interest and with a lot of team spirit, lots of team work, I enjoyed it thoroughly when I played it, so yes, quoting Dane thorson, "Please fix GvG".

DeletedUser99438

Thanks a million guys for your feedback. I'm up to my eyes in work this morning. I'll update the table as soon as I get on properly today. Really great to hear from you all :)

Agent327

Overlord
GvG brings real team spirit, in turn helps new players develop their
cities

How does GvG help new players develop their city? The way I see it, it only slows them down.

I honestly feel that
if GvG dies, this game will slowly follow, all the events etc, may get new players playing & maybe spending
diamonds to start, but I think they will soon get bored with that repetitive part of the game, one can only
win so many " special " items etc.

That's just a feeling, not a fact. Majority of players never have experienced GvG, so why would they get bored?

Emberguard

Legend
@Agent327 if a new player starts a new guild then GvG would help develop the guilds lvl faster, and through that develop the city.

Yes it'd take resources to do that and I haven't done the math as to how much resource would be needed to build up a guild via GvG vs what is gained from it. It's something I'd think would have a greater benefit for the resource put in the more players in a guild are actively contributing (20 Iron Age goods over 80 players is obviously going to take a lot less from the players then the same amount over 2 players - while the benefit gained from it would be the same regardless as long as the progress is made)

Agent327

Overlord
@Agent327 if a new player starts a new guild then GvG would help develop the guilds lvl faster, and through that develop the city.

Yes it'd take resources to do that and I haven't done the math as to how much resource would be needed to build up a guild via GvG vs what is gained from it. It's something I'd think would have a greater benefit for the resource put in the more players in a guild are actively contributing (20 Iron Age goods over 80 players is obviously going to take a lot less from the players then the same amount over 2 players - while the benefit gained from it would be the same regardless as long as the progress is made)

A new player starting a new guild would have a one men's guild. He wouldn't have the resources or the troops to do anything in GvG. New players joining a big guild would profit from the guild level, but it is not that significant and guilds can achieve a high level without participating in GvG.

Agent327

Overlord
Quiet easily, because a Guild that is successful rises through the levels and all guild members gain the rewards. Any player/Guild who is truely involved in GvG would know this.

A Guild does not need GvG to rise through the levels. It can do it without GvG just as well. All GvG is good for is the guild ranking.

But yet again we are being taken off Topic, so please remain on Topic

This is a discussion forum. Titel of the topic is "Enough is enough" and I agree with that. Time they pull the plug on GvG.

If you want no discussion and just work on your table put it in the bugs section. Here the topic is GvG, so I am on topic.

DeletedUser13180

In GVG built 8 unit siege, laid said siege. Board reverted to 4 remaining of constructed siege units. Carried out sector check found my siege loaded as initially constructed. Hit the auto-battle button with the 4 units left up on my board and won successfully. I would be happy if this was the only occurrence but this has happened many times went loading siege armies.

Best Hawk

DeletedUser115071

It'd be useful to hear what those other issues are Ivan so we have a complete picture of what is going on across the worlds
Most of them are lag issues... You set the siege to find out that the other guild set the siege actually cause they have a better "ping" to the server or are using scripts I dunno... It's just not normal to lay a siege 1 second after I remove it and instantly resiege.. And when that happens I get a timing issue and have to restart the page.

Timing issue when attacking with "no units" because of jumping units which are mentioned.

Timing issue when attacking but the siege is over no matter attacking or defending and the page needs to be restarted...

Timing issue when attacking a sector or defending it while being on manual and someone else takes the sector from your or opposite guild and you have to restart the page...

Timing issue when you try to fill a DA but you get sieged makes you refresh the page..

Also things that are not intended to work TBH are that you can attack a siege if it's adjecent to a shielded sector.

The lag also when you siege a sector with 2 DA's but has 6 afterwards is a bit.. I dunno...???

And probably some more I am missing towards that count.

DeletedUser107966

Well, that fact is quite relative. Majority of FoE players are playing on Android and iOS, so they don't have GvG feature. Also, taking world I play in (Langendorn) as an example, Only some guilds from top 10 play GvG, others don't care.

I play on Langendorn, I'm in the 11th ranked guild, and we care about GvG. Just to be pedantic :)))

Fighting on Korch today, there was no activity from other guilds in CE , and there were 2 of us fighting from the guild I'm in.

I experienced 2 freezes where I had to refresh my browser, the damage bar at the bottom of the sectors we sieged failed to display correctly until I reloaded the map, and also after placing sieges troops reappeared in my army selection (causing me to have to deselect, then reselect, to ensure that I actually had the troops in my army that I thought I did).

DeletedUser109930

Timing issue when attacking a sector or defending it while being on manual and someone else takes the sector from your or opposite guild and you have to restart the page...

You can avoid having to refresh the page by clicking anywhere but the 'ok' when that happens. Doing so will take you out of the fight per normal.

Also things that are not intended to work TBH are that you can attack a siege if it's adjecent to a shielded sector.

I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly, but you can attack a siege on an adjacent sector (even if yours is shielded), you just can't siege that sector unless your shielded sector is your HQ.

The lag also when you siege a sector with 2 DA's but has 6 afterwards is a bit.. I dunno...???

Can you clarify this? Not clear on what you're asking, but if you siege a sector with 2 DA's in it, the opponent can break the siege and add more DA's before you are able to re-siege. Does this address your issue?

DeletedUser115071

You can avoid having to refresh the page by clicking anywhere but the 'ok' when that happens. Doing so will take you out of the fight per normal.

Nope, even if you hit OK it refreshes the page automatically. [internal error]

I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly, but you can attack a siege on an adjacent sector (even if yours is shielded), you just can't siege that sector unless your shielded sector is your HQ.

No you shouldn't be able to do that. But actually there is no rule about it but it's assume you shouldn't be able as you can't place a siege.. so I believe you shouldn't.

Can you clarify this? Not clear on what you're asking, but if you siege a sector with 2 DA's in it, the opponent can break the siege and add more DA's before you are able to re-siege. Does this address your issue?
So between sieges like there are 8 DA's and you place a siege and they remove it down to 1 tick of the siege army and people wait to place DA's but you siege with 2 DA's only and the siege shows only 2 DA's from the sector.. After the first 2 ticks down on the next siege it moves to 6 DA's.. That's a lag problem and not updating properly.

Just believe me when there are 10-15 people fighting against another 30 people... the GvG game is top notch filled with lag issues

How does GvG help new players develop their city? The way I see it, it only slows them down.

GvG is a good zone to increase your points in the game... Top players have been farming Champions since the game started and have those high points... You can't do 300 fights a day with just a hood.

And because of GvG you increase the level of your guild.. Sure 9FPs look like a good reward for the "loss" you are dealing. And all the other 11% off the buildings... 34% faster recruitment and other bonuses.
Increase your game knowledge please, because I see you all on the forum sprouting nonsense and deceiving people.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99438

All posts with faults reported have been updated to the table now, thanks a million all. Please keep posting your faults and we'll update the table accordingly. Also thank you to all for comments about the value of GvG and your personal experence, while only faults are being logged on the table (this is just to keep faults together), ALL posts are valuable and are contributing. Very much appreciated.

DeletedUser109930

Nope, even if you hit OK it refreshes the page automatically. [internal error]

No you shouldn't be able to do that. But actually there is no rule about it but it's assume you shouldn't be able as you can't place a siege.. so I believe you shouldn't.

So between sieges like there are 8 DA's and you place a siege and they remove it down to 1 tick of the siege army and people wait to place DA's but you siege with 2 DA's only and the siege shows only 2 DA's from the sector.. After the first 2 ticks down on the next siege it moves to 6 DA's.. That's a lag problem and not updating properly.

Just believe me when there are 10-15 people fighting against another 30 people... the GvG game is top notch filled with lag issues

GvG is a good zone to increase your points in the game... Top players have been farming Champions since the game started and have those high points... You can't do 300 fights a day with just a hood.

And because of GvG you increase the level of your guild.. Sure 9FPs look like a good reward for the "loss" you are dealing. And all the other 11% off the buildings... 34% faster recruitment and other bonuses.
Increase your game knowledge please, because I see you all on the forum sprouting nonsense and deceiving people.

I'll message you on this privately as we're getting off topic here :)