• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

End of quest line - is there a loop on purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3157

I'm not sure if I've finished up all my quests or not by now, but if not I should be close. Anyways, for nearly a week now I've been doing same quests over and over again. Same 9 quests in 2 of my quest lines, 3rd one just has a one quest loop(research 2 sciences, comes always back weather I abort or complete it). Since they are all kinda stupid quests with very poor rewards(ala collect 100k coins, collect 110k supplies, produce 2x 24h production in clockmaker, tobbaco farm, sailmaker, spend FPs etc with rewards being either few k resources or 5 paper) I assumed they might be meant as some sort of dead end loop once you have finished up the quest line, so people would have "some quests to do". But I'm starting to have my doubts now. So is it an intended feature or just a bug?

DeletedUser6965

I have exactly the same thing on my german server ;)
I hoped to get 20 diamonds every time, but it's "only" 5 of three CA-goods and 17ksuppiles.

E.g the quest to gain 1500happiness u can make as often as u want :D I always get 5 tar, so tar is not a problem :D then abort all other quests till the happiness-quest ist back ^^

I don't know if it's a bug or intended... but I don't think it's intended, because of quests like "research 2 technologies" or "spend 53 FP". We have finished the researchtree, so we can't do this quests :D

I did not write a ticket yet, because these quests are better than 2-3months without a quest.

DeletedUser3157

I only wish my 1500 happiness quest would give me tar. Mine gives paper what I had already mass-produced for a month and had a massive stock of, while tar I have none and is a huge huge deficit in my guild.

DeletedUser7719

I have heard of this problem once in my guild, but it gave him a good enough reward, so I kept silent :p

DeletedUser6965

the new update comes on 4th december to the german server... could u please let me know, if this loop-"bug" comes up after the update .22?

sry for my bad english, i did not know how to say it better, i hope u understand :D

DeletedUser3315

I have this loop bug too - exactly the same and i'm also at end of CA having finished all the research. I assumed its because you have finished all the quests but it still gives you something to do rather than have no quests at all. I play on the English server in Cirgard.

DeletedUser4089

This is a bug. In future, please let us know if you suspect a bug, not keep silent. Yes, you might gain a few goods, but it's your duty to help make his game better and report any bugs you find.

DeletedUser6965

This is a bug. In future, please let us know if you suspect a bug, not keep silent. Yes, you might gain a few goods, but it's your duty to help make his game better and report any bugs you find.

Yes... but as u can see, we were not sure, if it's a bug or not ^^
And seriously, when it is fixed , do we have 2-3months not a single quest??? That wouldn't be better, so getting everyday 5 Tar/Paper is better than nothing.

DeletedUser4089

Exploiting a bug is never better.

And I know you weren't sure, which is why i said "if you suspect a bug" and not "if you know it's a bug"

Submitting a support ticket would be the best option for this problem.

DeletedUser7719

I happened a month ago (when I didn't have an account on this forum), so I couldn't tell if it was fixed either

DeletedUser176

The quests looping is not a bug, while one of them always giving diamonds is.

I assumed its because you have finished all the quests but it still gives you something to do rather than have no quests at all.
This.

DeletedUser6965

sry for my bad english, but does it mean: it is a bug, if we get diamonds? or it is intended to get diamonds?

DeletedUser176

You can receive diamonds, since the reward is random. But if you receive diamonds all the time from the same quest, it's a bug.

DeletedUser4089

An update to my earlier posts, I've spoken with the Lead Community Manager and it is indeed a feature to receive looping quests when you reach the end of possible quest lines.
It's to give people something to do while waiting for new content to be added. Hopefully in the future we'll get better things to do than cycle through quests, but for now it's something at least.

DeletedUser6965

Okay... then I have to report sth like a bug.
The rewards are "random" but they aren't, it always gives the same, like always 5 tar or sth. like that. --> should be fixed
And like hint said before, the doable quests are:
-3times : finish 2 24h productions
-gain 1500 happiness
-pay supplies and coins
- collect 100k coins
- collect 110kSupplies
- buy a FP

(i only do 5 of them, because the others are not worth the reward)

But if it's intended to give people sth. to do, the last 2 quests are not really useful and should be removed/replaced:
- spend 53 FP (I don't know if it count on GB, if it does, it's okay)
- research two new technologies ---> not doable for those who finished everything ^^

Maladicta

Private
So, is getting always the same reward a bug that should be reported or just a problem everyone has with the looping quests ?

DeletedUser

If you are at the end of the questline, yes, the last quest(s) will go in a loop. This is to offer you something to do, while waiting for the next age to be released ;)

DeletedUser

Ok, now I have something new going on here - I am only being shown two of the loop quests (there have been three before) -
1st Quest: Produce barrels of tobbaco 2 times
2nd Quest: Gather 110000 supplies

Now when I abort a (or both) quest, no new Quest appears until I refresh by pressing F5 - then the same two quests appear.
If I complete a (or both) quests - the same quest will appear again.
So I am quite in a loop within the loop - I am only able to receive the 2 quests mentioned above. I am not able to get the happiness or the forgepoint quests anymore to appear.

DeletedUser3157

Ok, now I have something new going on here - I am only being shown two of the loop quests (there have been three before) -
1st Quest: Produce barrels of tobbaco 2 times
2nd Quest: Gather 110000 supplies

Now when I abort a (or both) quest, no new Quest appears until I refresh by pressing F5 - then the same two quests appear.
If I complete a (or both) quests - the same quest will appear again.
So I am quite in a loop within the loop - I am only able to receive the 2 quests mentioned above. I am not able to get the happiness or the forgepoint quests anymore to appear.

I have 2 of my quest-givers doing the exact same thing(only different quests than yours), but my 3rd line is still working and rotates the remaining 7 quests. 4th quest-giver is the christmas special thingy. So you are saying you only have 2 normal lines and the christmas snowball?

Status
Not open for further replies.