• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

End Game - Player Advice

DeletedUser109148

Hi all

I'm after some advice on how to progress. I'm at the end of the tech tree, have all GB's i consider important at level 10 and almost have my Arc to level 80.

I'm unsure where to focus development of my GB's past level 10 though and would love some advice. I know it depends on style of play but i'm hoping there might be some that should be maxed more than others. I don't participate in GvG, but do complete GE each week - so thought maybe my CDM and AO should be next to go up?

Alternatively, i heard levelling your Chateau is best because it means you can remove all goods buildings from your city. Although i still don't understand how doing that would help me get Arctic goods needed for GE?

Anyway.. i'm a bit lost now and would love any thoughts from others!!

Cheers
Fewis

DeletedUser106685

Most players fill up Cape and CDM first, after the Arc hits 80.
After that, Hagia and Inno Tower are very cheap and worth it.
Then if you're a fighter, you will probably go with Alcatraz, A.O., Kraken, Zeus and Aachen.
If goods are more important for you, you can choose to fill up GBs like Chateau, Dynamic Tower, St.Marks, and Seed Vault first.
It all depends on your play style, of course.

Edited to add that the Chateau is important for all players, because of the recurring quests that everyone runs into at the end. Having that thing at level 60 or higher is a huge deal.

Also, the only GB that can give you Arctic goods is the Dynamic Tower. And it won't be much.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112745

After that, Hagia and Inno Tower are very cheap and worth it.

Almost every single player I've had a meaningful conversation with in this game has said Hagia along with Colosseum and Notre Dame are the biggest "avoid building like they're the plague" GBs in the game. And I agree with them. The space they take up is just far too much for too little in return. My guild has several players with tens of millions of points who are in the same boat as the OP and none of them have either of those three GBs.

For happiness, Dresden and Traz are better alternatives because Dresden takes less space and also gives refined goods and Traz gives unlimited troops, which it worth its size.

Habitat will remove your reliance on houses for population and coin, which will also give you more space for other GBs and so forth with no houses taking it all up.
Chateau will boost your rewards from quests, you can build up a good amount of diamonds from having one of these.

DeletedUser106685

Hagia and Inno pay out 48 FPs at level 80, and they are so cheap to fill that you will easily make back your investment within a year. After which it's pure FP profit.

Putting Hagia in the same corner as Colosseum, and Habitat above Innovation Tower, is just silly.

DeletedUser112745

Hagia and Inno pay out 48 FPs at level 80, and they are so cheap to fill that you will easily make back your investment within a year. After which it's pure FP profit.

Putting Hagia in the same corner as Colosseum, and Habitat above Innovation Tower, is just silly.

Yep, but when you have a high level Arc and grab top spots in other multiple high level Arcs for as "little" as 200+FP (even less on rare occasions if you're lucky), Hagia is still extremely minor in comparison. Hence why all the high point players I mingle with don't have Hagia and would rather use the space for other things. Such as wishing wells or another GB.

Habitat is not above Inno. But (again advice shared from "big" players) It's easier to get Habitat first if houses are your primary major source of coin. Being able to delete houses without consequence to your coin income makes more space for other things, such as an extra GB.

DeletedUser96901

Such as wishing wells or another GB.
wishing wells are bad for end gamers
what does it give that I need ?
old goods? GB give enough of them
FP ? terrible choice for that. at least a dozen other buildings are much better
diamonds ? not often enough (you can collect diamonds in side worlds with WW)

and if you don't have enough space for GB you need as end gamer you are doing it completely wrong

Hence why all the high point players I mingle with don't have Hagia
they aren't smart enough or top enough

because being a high point player only is useless
being a high FP producer is awesome

Habitat is not above Inno.
true
it is silly
that is what he said ;)

again advice shared from "big" players
big in points or what ?

big is like fat
nothing to be proud

building Habitat is only silly.
buy goods for Inno if you need population

For happiness, Dresden and Traz are better alternatives because Dresden takes less space and also gives refined goods and Traz gives unlimited troops, which it worth its size.
Alcatraz is a must have GB (not at high level. but at 10 or so)
can't be compared to other GB and isn't build for happiness

Dresden gives UNREFINED goods. not important enough to build and level it up
and happiness should never be a reason to build a GB. there are enough good buildings that have it as sidekick

so everybody saying Dresden is better than Hagia automatically disqualifies himself as top player.
but at least he can call himself big :lol:

and have you ever seen a level 20+ Dresden ?
and if so I bet that guy has the Hagia and all other FP GB at least at 80 :P

DeletedUser106685

Looks to me like those "big players" were giving you advice on what GBs to build first, while you're still progressing through the ages.

Not what GBs to kick up to level 60 or 80 first, when you've reached the end of the timeline - which is wat OP was asking in the first place.

DeletedUser96901

my advice to level very high
Chateau and then what gives FP.
after that the rest

Agent327

Overlord
I totally agree with Test, except that I have seen a level 70 Dresden.
No, not mine. I have ditched mine :)

DeletedUser109148

This is all great advice (apart from maybe the fat players bit :p) so thanks guys!

I haven’t built a DT, Dresden or Hagia at all - although I can see why a high Hagia for 48 FP is certainly worth it.

I think it sounds like I should focus on CDM, then Chateau, Cape, Inno and AO. Well that’s what I’m thinking anyway!

I’m always too lazy to do every looping quest when I do daily collection or I’d be doing that Spink quest about 50 times lol. So the idea of a Chateau giving 40+ goods each time is fantastic!

Agent327

Overlord
I’m always too lazy to do every looping quest when I do daily collection or I’d be doing that Spink quest about 50 times lol. So the idea of a Chateau giving 40+ goods each time is fantastic!

For that you need a Chateau level 120 or up, so good luck.

DeletedUser96901

A level 60 Chateau gives 400%, so that works out at about 36 per quest doesn’t it? Not too bad
base value of goods in quests is 5
+400% = 25 goods

(what you see as reward is already boosted from the Chateau)

DeletedUser653

building Habitat is only silly.
buy goods for Inno if you need population...... :P

and what do you do if running 140k population and already have INNO at L62, Habitat can then save houses. Only issue with it is if player goes to low pop city using traz to provide troops (mine only L67 i think) then they delete Habitat.

dimondus

Captain
Hagia and Inno pay out 48 FPs at level 80, and they are so cheap to fill that you will easily make back your investment within a year. After which it's pure FP profi
Exactly my thoughts. People tend to forget the cost for leveling and HS is at top 12-15 of the most desirable GBs for top players.

Agent327

Overlord
and what do you do if running 140k population and already have INNO at L62, Habitat can then save houses. Only issue with it is if player goes to low pop city using traz to provide troops (mine only L67 i think) then they delete Habitat.

I am really curious. Where do you need a 140k population for?

DeletedUser100832

It sounds like you don't do much fighting, so I'd say that Chateau is your GB of choice, yes. Problem is, it gives you only goods of your own age, and if you are in OF that means that you get the goods that all the other players with chateaux have too. Also, temple of relics brings in a fair few goods if you complete GE to the end.

If you want goods of the age below, perhaps dynamic tower is what you want.

DeletedUser109148

It sounds like you don't do much fighting, so I'd say that Chateau is your GB of choice, yes. Problem is, it gives you only goods of your own age, and if you are in OF that means that you get the goods that all the other players with chateaux have too. Also, temple of relics brings in a fair few goods if you complete GE to the end.

If you want goods of the age below, perhaps dynamic tower is what you want.

Thanks for the advice mate. Yes i think Chateau will be second on my hit list after CDM (I think the extra attack % and FP will always be welcome).

I get the DT for lower age goods, but most high points players don't seem to have one, or not have it at a high level anyway. I get once Chateau is high enough the recurring quests provides enough goods to not need goods buildings. But i don't understand how they get enough AF goods to negotiate level 4 of GE (if needed) and research techs (when VF comes out, or when OF parts were being released).