• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Enable guild officers to block members from guild threads

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

.Org

Private
I looked for the template for formatting new suggestions but couldn't find it! Hopefully this won't be binned into "unformatted"

Proposal: Enable guild officers to block members from guild threads

Have you checked for similar ideas: Yes

Reason: If a guild member isn't following their guild's "rules" for posting to one of the main guild threads, there is no current "sanction" or "exclusion" method available now that the guild threads are permanently open to every guild member.

Balance N/A

Abuse prevention: Limit any sanctioning to guild officers.

Details:
Simplest implementation I can think of is to add a "suspend" (or equivalent wording) flag to each member which can be toggled by a guild officer. Obviously other guild officers should be "greyed" out in the selection!

.Org

Private
IMHO it's more constructive to have feedback from some players which the forums moderators can read, so that if they decide to forward the idea to the devs there's more information than simply a suggestion and Yes = x votes, No = y votes (or vice-versa!)

IMHO it's more constructive to have feedback from some players which the forums moderators can read, so that if they decide to forward the idea to the devs there's more information than simply a suggestion and Yes = x votes, No = y votes (or vice-versa!)
Feedback doesn't matter for which ideas are forwarded or not. Only yes and no votes.
Or are you saying, that mods should forward ideas based on the opinions they agree with.

Polls
It is a requirement to add a Poll to your idea to gauge the community in your idea and if it receives enough support, it could be considered for forwarding on.
Read Me - How the Ideas Section Works | Forge of Empires Forum

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Corporal
Sorry, do not see the use of it. May be didn't understand completely. Please correct me if am wrong. As a guildmate, myself did not follow the rules and did the bad snipping on a guild mate. So here, guild officers will jump into me and suspend me on the thread. But still myself can do the snipping rite. Only benefit loss for me, cannot see the thread details. Moreover, if myself still kept in the guild, can do snipping or any rules breaking without seeing anything in the thread.

Last edited:

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
every time i read these kind of threads, it just strikes me as someone in a guild urgently needs more and more control of his or her little people in there guild.

its like the local council who always want to control a person life,
i dont come to play a game to end up being controled by someone on a power ego trip. can we have a button that deletes all messages from guild leaders please if they keep on posting up rubbish threads just to sound off or make themselves seem like they are the BIG BOSS

DeletedUser

This automated feature was added to make the Admin’s life easier, but now your idea is to remove it, going back to the old ways.
Most guilds bypass this, by creating guild threads in the Social tab.

DAVEYBOI

Private
I’m a founder, I do kind of understand what your saying! But I’m all about education rather than booting/blocking. I also think that consideration has to be taken into account the measure of the mistake, big decisions like blocking or booting can equally have a detrimental effect on that person who has messed up which also may be unintentional. So your leaders would still be able to take them to the side (in a private message) and then educate and help them, personally I think that’s enough!

I’m a founder, I do kind of understand what your saying! But I’m all about education rather than booting/blocking. I also think that consideration has to be taken into account the measure of the mistake, big decisions like blocking or booting can equally have a detrimental effect on that person who has messed up which also may be unintentional. So your leaders would still be able to take them to the side (in a private message) and then educate and help them, personally I think that’s enough!
Was about to write something like that. Now I don't have to. So I'll just say... ditto.