• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Eliminate Supplies Spoiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drama-Queen

Corporal
Well perhaps we should make a suggestion and let the player pick the interval they want (between 15 min and 48 hrs lets say?).. And when you are lucky and can take a vacation, just don't produce anything and you will not fell you "lost" anything..;)

DeletedUser

You can't make people return more than they can. While the 4h (8h spoil) is ok, I am saying that there is too much gap between 8h and 1 day. If I go to bed at 11pm and can only get to play at 6pm next day, the 8h will spoil, the 1 day will not be ready!

Still, if you know you won't be back in time before your goods spoil, you better set it to a longer period. I'm afraid it's as easy as that :).

DeletedUser

Supplies spoil - I didn't know that :)

OK, so spoil isn't a good word to use in the context of some goods like horseshoes. Foodstuffs obviously would spoil due to ageing. Think real world. There is a factory, management clears off on hols for a while and the workers are left unattended and don't know when management is back. The lazy thieving little underpaid average worker will start helping himself to stock left laying around. The answer to "it isn't really spoiling but I don't know what to call it" is PILFERAGE. Yes that is a real word. It means "A recurrent theft of small items of little value"

<edit 5 mins later> I haven't actually seen the message but it should possibly be changed to include "spoilage and pilferage" or "spoiled and pilfered" or "spoiling and pilfering" depending on how that message actually reads.

<Edit somewhat later> OK I stuck a suggestion in the typos and grammar thread

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

could always reduce the amount of supplies available by say 10% an hour for 3 hours, so if you havn't collected them in 3 hours you lose 30% of the supplies and on the 4th hour then let them spoil.
Seems like a fair sollution.

DeletedUser

You could always freeze production of course - I'll let you guys figure out how, those in Arvahall can take a look at Chompman's city and you'll see what I mean =D

Status
Not open for further replies.