• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Egyptian Settlement

PantheriusAU

Private
Im kinda stuck with the Egyptian settlement... like a multi pronged "Catch 22"

I cant build the right army i need to defeat the 'enemies' to earn the bags of LOOT that I need to make the pottery or grow the grain, because I don't have the room to build the military buildings I need, because I need the houses I currently have to give me the population required to be able to allow me to build the military buildings in the first place, AND even when I have used the same number and type of military units as the 'enemy,' they're always defeated, so I still cant earn those bags of LOOT with that plan either. This is so crazy and complicated, I'm thinking of ditching the Egyptian settlement and just not bothering with it... *shrugs*

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
There is nothing difficult for us to do in the world. If we do it, the difficult thing will be easy; if we don’t do, the easy thing will be difficult.
There is nothing difficult for us to learn. If we learn it, the difficult thing will be easy; if we don’t, the easy thing will be difficult.

-- Peng Duanshu (actually, nobody) of Qing Dynasty

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
There is nothing difficult for us to do in the world. If we do it, the difficult thing will be easy; if we don’t do, the easy thing will be difficult.
There is nothing difficult for us to learn. If we learn it, the difficult thing will be easy; if we don’t, the easy thing will be difficult.

-- Peng Duanshu (actually, nobody) of Qing Dynasty
Sorry that was actually nonsense. But it is in real school textbook so... hard to say.
To make up, I hereby present pointers to existing guides:
A Mathematical Analysis of the Egyptian Settlement
Ancient Egypt Settlement Quick Start Guide

However, in my honest opinion, the Egyptian is indeed an advanced, challenging settlement, and the above guides have the potential to make things even more complicated than they already are; the best way to find out a solution is actually through your own practice. Also in my opinion the following prerequisites should be met before starting this "advanced" settlement (recommended but not mandatory):
1. The player should have been well-developed in the main city
2. The player should have finished previous settlements -- Viking and Japanese settlements.

I just get two Archer camps as quick as I can and keep them. I build the others wherever necessary to get rewards and then delete them. The trick is putting the 2 archer camps in the most efficient spot and using houses without road connections in corners etc to maximise population. 8 archers can win in the 1st and 2nd level battles. I never bother with the third one and I still finish in time to get the top rewards so its not really too difficult

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
The only 'trouble' that might crop up with the Egyptian settlement, is if you get completely stuffed by the gakky RNG on the x4 loot pay-outs.
Occasionally, it can be enough to really slow up the goods production, since ideally, you want to be running 4-5 factories as soon as it's possible to squeeze 'em all in.

This run, I've had only ONE! x4 payout thus far, meaning the only way I can keep things running, is to get some favorable 'hard' fights for the extra 450'ish loot. :(

I swear, the more settlements I complete, the WORSE my x4 pay-out rate is getting!lol.