• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Editable messages

Can we have Editable messages in guild chat?

• Yes

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

maculator

Private
Proposal:
Make messages in guild message threads editable by the message creator ONLY.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else?
YES
Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
NOT THAT I CAN FIND

Reason:
Once posted, messages with errors, misinformation and predictive text mistakes are unchangeable, and frequently require a repost to make them clear clogging up the message threads and often leading to confusion.

Details:
Messages posted on the guild message system should contain an edit symbol, visible to the message poster ONLY, so that the owner has the chance to click it edit the message and repost once corrected. This will tidy and compact guild message threads and give a chance to remove confusion and errors.

Visual Aids:
N/A

Balance:
No real game impact apart from making the message threads more efficient.

Abuse Prevention:
N/A

Summary:
Messaging other guildies is a vital part of FoE but the vagaries of text input often cause confusion and error. Editable messages will go a long way in improving the use of messages.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Make messages in guild message threads editable by the message creator ONLY.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
YES

Reason:
Once posted, messages with errors, misinformation and predictive text mistakes are unchangeable, and frequently require a repost to make them clear clogging up the message threads and often leading to confusion.

Details:
Messages posted on the guild message system should contain an edit symbol, visible to the message poster ONLY, so that the owner has the chance to click it edit the message and repost once corrected. This will tidy and compact guild message threads and give a chance to remove confusion and errors.

Visual Aids:
N/A

Balance:
No real game impact apart from making the message threads more efficient.

Abuse Prevention:
N/A

Summary:
Messaging other guildies is a vital part of FoE but the vagaries of text input often cause confusion and error. Editable messages will go a long way in improving the use of messages.
Poll please

Agent327

Overlord
Only in your view

Talking to you is like going to the dentist.

Question to be answered: Have you checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Correct answer: Yes I have and I found this

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/msg-center-add-an-edit-msg-option.36412/

This is however from about 18 months ago and it did not really lead to anything so I am proposing it again. Sadly enough I have no idea how to deal with the suggested abuse, so I am hoping others can help me out with this.

That's how you do it.

legend9182

Major-General
Talking to you is like going to the dentist.

Question to be answered: Have you checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Correct answer: Yes I have and I found this

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/msg-center-add-an-edit-msg-option.36412/

This is however from about 18 months ago and it did not really lead to anything so I am proposing it again. Sadly enough I have no idea how to deal with the suggested abuse, so I am hoping others can help me out with this.

That's how you do it.
First of all
I answered in your way.
Secondly, the idea was not proposed by me. So this answer is not supposed by me.
What I am doing is just that I am trying to protect this idea from you nothing else because this idea is good not bad.
Just tell me one thing what do you get by just criticizing.
In this you found it's proposed before. So you thought let's criticize it.