• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Ebony Production Spoiled Before Finished Producing

DeletedUser

• World: Arvahal
  • Browser and Version: Firefox 11.0
  • Overview of the bug: A little after midnight last night (US Pacific, San Francisco) I started an 8h ebony production, costing 400 supplies. This morning at 7:08am (less than 7 hours later), it was marked with lightning bolts.
  • Screenshots: Forgot to take one of the lightning bolts.
  • How often this occurs: Has only occurred once, so has occurred every time I've done an 8h ebony production.
  • Urgency: If this happens a second time, I will likely not continue playing. Between this and the lack of a limestone merchant, I would have been stalled for a few days from making any meaningful progress other than building things.
  • Preventative Actions: None that I'm aware of.
  • Summary: See overview.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: sortof, but have not had time to see if it reproduces

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

sorry if i'm being dense, but are you sure one of the players in "your 80" didn't plunder the goods?
that's what the lightning bolt is supposed to mean ...

DeletedUser65

i dont think goods can spoil(open to correction) its more than likely as mink said you got plundered

DeletedUser17

Normally you are not allowed to plunder good buildings. So lightning over a goods building is very odd. And this happens every time you set production to 8 hours? I will try to recreate it today.

*edit

I stand corrected. Goods buildings can be plundered once the production is finished.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser658

I know I lost my limestone to plundering last night as well - my first lot of it. I was very annoyed as I had thought previously that you weren't able to loot goods buildings.

DeletedUser65

i started 10 iron producing for 8 hours last night around midnight, they were plundered at 6:08am this morning, before they were finished.

DeletedUser1081

i visited a neighbour's village and was offered the opportunity to plunder his marble (production was apparently finished, but he hadn't collected it). i left it where it was, though, so i can't be sure the little lightning bolt was telling the truth. it was right there, though, along with a lable saying "marble salon" or whatever

DeletedUser

Normally you are not allowed to plunder good buildings. So lightning over a goods building is very odd. And this happens every time you set production to 8 hours? I will try to recreate it today.
I've plundered loads of goods from loads of players, and they remain in my town hall even after refreshing. So what's the status on this now? Should we be allowed to plunder goods or not?

DeletedUser

I've plundered loads of goods from loads of players, and they remain in my town hall even after refreshing. So what's the status on this now? Should we be allowed to plunder goods or not?

Same here, I unlocked researches with those plunders!

DeletedUser658

I think the original reason it wasn't allowed was because, with AI controlling defense, victory is just about assured for the attacker. I believe it was deemed unfair that the limited resources of goods be plunderable, thus why only gold and supplies (which are effectively infinite) could be plundered.

DeletedUser65

ok i looged in this morning to find this

2wgf4n6.jpg

still maintain goods buildings cant be plundered?? i left this building as is if you wish to check yourself on my account, world 1

DeletedUser

Could we please get some sort of clarification on this issue? Are we supposed to be allowed to plunder goods? If not and we do, is this bug abuse? What's the ruling?

DeletedUser658

Yes, PLEASE. My iron got plundered last night and I am seriously starting to get annoyed, given that it's impossible to effectively defend your village without unites two ages past everyone else.

DeletedUser1449

IMO the game should not allow the pillaging of production goods. I think gold and supplies should be allowed. The time and cost of making production items should not be lost because of poor defense AI. Especially if you are trying to go a more passive route by using minimal military structures and relying on bribes to advance in the map.

DeletedUser17

ok i looged in this morning to find this

2wgf4n6.jpg

still maintain goods buildings cant be plundered?? i left this building as is if you wish to check yourself on my account, world 1

Sorry my bad. Yes they can be plundered. :)