• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Easter Event 2015

DeletedUser15432

Just a small note: I did not receive a single blueprint when hiding. Am I the only one?

Taking into account the fact the the maximum number of eggs in any 24 hour period is 24, compared to the fact that in normal times people tend to "AID" approximately 140 friends and guild-mates if not more, it is not surprising that so far members have not received a blueprint from giving an egg. I have received some blue prints but not that many and not on every world that I play

DeletedUser99588

I am still motivated, because of those renokits. Have still 1 king from IA and a few PE that will give a lot of coins when bringing those to tomorrow era. Far more then that CE Shrine of Awe.

Yes the reno kit is probably the best thing on offer but I wouldn't waste it on king or queens. I don't have a shortage of coins and never really thought the kings/queens were up to much really. I guess it is down to personal playing style but as far as the new event building are concerned I don't recall anyone being excited over the ginger bread house at Winter Event and the same to date for the Shrine of Yawn and the Bummer Boy.

Just to clarify that would mean disappointing boy and not some reference to homosexuality which I understand has offended some sensitive soul.

Personally I thought the context was obviously with regard to the drummer boy but have been informed that it could cause confusion and therefore offence. So hopefully the only thing offended now is a bunch of pixels otherwise known as drummer boy!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

and also not waste it on the (Old/Ancient) Graveyard
next Halloween maybe gives another update for it ;)

DeletedUser15432

Well, my Strategy for this Easter is as follows:

Get and build an Observatory on Korch, Langendorm and Mount Killmore - complete
Update champions retreats to current age - all done
Get and construct a drummers school on all 12 worlds (purely for the 4% attack bonus) - 6 done, 2 in stock and 4 still to acquire
Get an extra wishing well on each world - none complete as yet
Spend any extra eggs on any prize that I want

DeletedUser914

Yes the reno kit is probably the best thing on offer but I wouldn't waste it on king or queens. I don't have a shortage of coins and never really thought the kings/queens were up to much really. I guess it is down to personal playing style but as far as the new event building are concerned I don't recall anyone being excited over the ginger bread house at Winter Event and the same to date for the Shrine of Yawn and the Bummer Boy.
and also not waste it on the (Old/Ancient) Graveyard
next Halloween maybe gives another update for it ;)
Seems alot look wasted. What is a great idea to spend eggs for someone who has already renokits for 2 years champs and more then enough watchtowers?

DeletedUser99588

Seems alot look wasted. What is a great idea to spend eggs for someone who has already renokits for 2 years champs and more then enough watchtowers?

Exactly, that is the problem with the event. Nothing stands out as a must have item and because of the random nature of the chests a lot can't be bothered to go to the effort of collecting eggs just to be given more eggs to place in cities or another prize that will never get used and just sit in the inventory. It is still a somewhat useful event for low ranked players and reno kits will also be good for higher level players. I would imagine there were many new players in the recent worlds that would have been hoping for a chance to get a rogue camp and will be disappointed.

The bottom line is we don't have to participate in it and it is all a bonus but from Inno's point of view I would have thought they would want to maximise participation and diamond purchases. Whether it is new GB's or event buildings there seems to be a shortage of ideas by the developers to provide something new that really inspires players to go all out to get it. It's all a bit flat at the moment and has the paint by numbers feel about it rather than creative genius.

DeletedUser101925

Ahahahaha... finally enough for a golden chest and what do I get? Hiding actions! GG
But atleast it isn't a Shrine of Awe... I should probably get watch towers and just skip the chests...

P.S: I'm not mad. I'm laughing aimed at whomever came up with this event thinking it amuses the players.
And in a way it does amuse me, but not the intended way.

DeletedUser6974

Why has the Hall Of Fames been downgraded in priority for polivating?
Since the Easter Event started my HOF's sit un-polivated while decorations are being polished thus negating them from egg hiding.

I have to constantly remove and replace polished Stone Age Obelisk to have something to hide an egg in while my HOF's are sitting there unmotivated.
For polishing the decorations should be last on the list.
When the Aid button was introduced the priority was supposed to be premium buildings first , such as Shrine Of Knowledge, Hall Of Fame first, then others in age progression.
Now a Stone Age Obelisk takes priority over a Hall Of Fame in Aiding, this needs to be changed back to the way it was ASAP please!!!

DeletedUser99588

Hall of Fame has never been one of the premium buildings that had priority for motivating. I have noticed that eggs seem to be favouring lower age decs which is a good thing.

DeletedUser6974

Hall of Fame has never been one of the premium buildings that had priority for motivating. I have noticed that eggs seem to be favouring lower age decs which is a good thing.

They certainly were, if i had my old visiting history it was page after page of all Shrines of Knowledge motivated and then Hall of Fame motivated.
I've got 21 Shrines and 23 HOF's and they were always motivated first before decorations, houses and supply buildings.

per Aid button initial description;
How exactly the order of aid works? It's very simple system:

Buildings like “Shrine of Knowledge” or “Tigers’ Den” that trigger an additional effect when motivated/polished (most recent age) are prioritized.
If there are no such buildings available or all of them are already polished/motivated, the feature will enhance a random building from the most recent age.

so my HOF's are from the PostModern Era,...Obelisks are from the Stone Age so obviously it is not functioning as "the feature will enhance a random building from the most recent age."

DeletedUser105544

My God! Just opened a silver chest and get sandcastle, than opened golden chest and get oasis!

From now on I'll trade only watch fires...

DeletedUser6065

As to the definition of buildings that ' . . . trigger and additional effect . . . are prioritized.'

When questioned about the buildings effected, and where they are in the priority, Byordie specifically stated the buildings were SoK, Tigers' Den and Oasis. No other buildings were acknowledged as priority. After these buildings, the Aid button targets the lowest decco. After that - who knows.

If your HoFs are continually motivated - you are a member of an excellent guild/neighborhoood. The motivating players are actually 'going into your city' as opposed to hitting the Aid Button.

. . . mk

DeletedUser99588

Aid button automatically motivates or polishes a building of the respective player without visiting him.
How exactly the order of aid works? It's very simple system:
Buildings like “Shrine of Knowledge” or “Tigers’ Den” that trigger an additional effect when motivated/polished (most recent age) are prioritized.
If there are no such buildings available or all of them are already polished/motivated, the feature will enhance a random building from the most recent age.

I'm only going by the update announcement which stated buildings that have a secondary effect are targeted first and then it is random. The HoF doesn't have a secondary effect so going by the announcement shouldn't be prioritised.

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?28062-Update-to-1-40

so my HOF's are from the PostModern Era,...Obelisks are from the Stone Age so obviously it is not functioning as "the feature will enhance a random building from the most recent age."

Aid works by deciding to either polish or motivate first. If it picks polish it is possible to have decs polished while higher age buildings that need motivating are not.

DeletedUser

This event is UNFINISHABLE!

It seems that the Easter Event cannot be finished by an average player. It's just a diamond/money sink. Pathetic.... :(

DeletedUser

I know that the Shrine of Yawn is a bull-dung. I just hate all this diamond/money scam and this Pay-to-Win...

DeletedUser

maybe you just have bad luck because I've already opened like 15 bronze chests + 1 silver + 1 gold and have 350 eggs still. That's like 1300 eggs that I've gotten so far, if you count the ones I received in chests.