• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Easier Access to Others' Town Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1081

The Suggestion: When we visit other players, please have their town name (top center) lead (via a click or a tooltip, whichever is easier) to a popup of that player's town profile.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea? I searched, and failed to find anything.

Reason: A lot of people visit other players via the Event History gizmo, in which case they can't easily access the town profile of the player they're visiting. The town profiles often contain important details for visitors, such as what the player's polivational preferences are. Accessing the profiles should be quick and easy regardless of whether you visit via the social bar or via the event history.

Details: Many players do currently cram abbreviations into their town names to indicate what their polivational preferences are, but not everyone does this, wants to do this, has room to do this and/or understands what the abbreviations are straining to convey. And some people have really elaborate polivational dreams that don't readily abbreviate, so you end up with kooky-looking and highly unromantic town names like "4Z>KQH>R>PB" ... and all the while there's no reason for it to be difficult to access someone's town profile regardless of whether you visit via the social bar or via the event history.

Visual Aids, Balance/Abuse Prevention: None necessary, I hope!

DeletedUser7719

a major +1 from me! There's also many other uses in having anyone been able to see your profile description which makes me love this idea!

Amy Steele

General
+1 from me too - this would also be handy when visiting folk who are not in one's friends/guild/neighbours list (ie from the Global player list). I often want to know that info about someone when deciding whether or not to send them a friend invite, but have no access to it until after they have accepted said invite.

DeletedUser15986

+1 here too. (Having the profile pop-up when you mouseover the town name would seem the most sensible way. In fact I was surprised it wasn't the case when I first went to a non-ally/friend/neighbour town.)

DeletedUser

I wouldnt read them anyway, it takes too much time, especially considering the amout usless info and boring stuff ppl write on their profiles. I understand the uselfuness of the idea for some players. Profile access should not indeed be limited to social bars.

I've tried polivating through event view, but the combination of its loading time and the fact that it always brings you on the first page of events (eventhough you polivated from a different page) is annoying and time consuming.

PS Maybe if they developed 3 icons indicating Polish, Coins, Supply bellow the city name for user preferences, there wouldnt be any need for those ugly town names cramed with polivating info.

DeletedUser

+ 1 from me!

Also a plus for Duke's addition. 'Glorious leader, the enemy is attacking Winterfell (M)... our army is letting them pas through, likely just because they refuse to fight for a city with such a ridicilous name!'. But then again, I thought the whole boring, time-consuming-but-nevertheless-expected-by-everyone-to-be-done-daily, and limited usefull feature known as the gruesome task of motivating/polishing should have had a mayor overhaul ages ago.

DeletedUser

+1!
This feature should definitely be added. Doesn't seem too complicated.

I really like Duke's idea with icons indicating preferences. I think that polivating should undergo a major overhaul and be less time-consuming to do. When the majority of the time is just waiting to load cities, there's a problem. :/ Even if it's just an option to lower the settings, I'm all for that.

DeletedUser

1+
Also, I would like to have View City in a chat window @peoples name - now there is that whisper etc..

DeletedUser9168

The proposed idea in the opening post has been implemented in a recent update. When visiting a city (by whichever route) the profile briefly pops-up on the Right side of the city, and can be displayed again by clicking on the player's name, top left on the screen.

So moving this idea to Implemented now.

Status
Not open for further replies.