• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Duplicated reward in Daily Challenge's choices

DeletedUser14881

Just got a new Daily Challenge and I've found this in one of the possible choices:

Untitled.png

On the left side, there are two of the same possible reward, not surprisingly with very high choices (which doesn't matter for this report). I thought it would be good to write it down so the RNG algorithm gets an update to be fairer.

rjs66

Lieutenant
there are a few culture buildings in each age, maybe it just uses the same picture in the challenge, a generic culture building picture

DeletedUser14881

It's possible, yes, but in that case, instead of just an annoyance to the player who has their rewards choices reduced, it becomes a minor bug, after all, all buildings have their own miniature/thumbnail and the wrong one has been used.

DeletedUser96901

no it the correct thumbnail

virtual future only has one regular cultural building (and one premium)
DC wants to offer 2 so it offers the same twice

so the bug is:
VF has too less buildings (because that bug sure will also apply to houses and production buildings too)

rjs66

Lieutenant
not really a bug then

inno aren't going to offer 3 choices instead of 4 and adjust the odds , premium isn't going to get better odds (unfair to players who advance after next culture building is released) and people will complain if the decoration is given odds of being even more likely

so best compromise is to offer the standard culture building twice (effectively giving it better odds), as you can build it anyway and most people who are in VF have huge resources so they wouldn't even notice the cost

DeletedUser104881

As already mentioned in the thread, this is due to the fact that there is only one regular and one premium Culture building in Virtual Future for now.

DeletedUser14881

I still think it's a bug risen as a consequence of the restricted amount of Cultural Buildings available. In that case, instead of having two high-chance of the same, it's just a matter of redistributing the percentages, like checking beforehand if what's has been picked for DC's selection is a possibility or not, instead of a workaround to fill the gap with a duplicate.

But, if you're not keen to fix bugs, even those of little importance, c'est la vie. I know I'd fix because a bug it's a bug nonetheless.