• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Duplicate Blueprints - Not again! (funny treatment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8709

So, we can't spoiler something, yet Google and official forums CAN?

I just took a peek at the zz1 server forums and see exactly what is so "secret" that it can't be talked about here...

so I will unsay it here...

Those with at least half a brain a browser can find the correct forum, which allows any unregistered visitor to read their changelog and bug reports and everything else....

I think it's kind of silly to disallow reporting of changes on other servers in here... it might even help make more money for the developers for those who choose to play on more than one server and buy diamonds for both...

I see no relevant reason why changes on a server should be secrets in this forum when the information is public knowledge, accessible without any more difficult a task than doing a google (or other search engine) search, entering the other forum, and reading about it there.

It just seems silly to me...

YMMV...

DeletedUser

Hey Another,

One point can be that some people just don't want to be spoilered.
Ofcourse you can find the info on it if you would actually try. I mean, as you say, Google readily gives you an answer.
It's just a rule that .zz information should stay on the .zz forums, because it can still change before it comes on the .en forums and cause discussions that are entirely irrelevant should a change have happened.

Other than that I don't really see what the big fuss is about. It's simply a rule and it probably has a few good other reasons to be there, or it wouldn't be there.
It's like complaining you can't post Ideas in the Question section.
If you want to discuss or find out more info on what .zz is testing, go there.

- L

DeletedUser

If you want to know, it is easy enough to find out anyways, and those who wish to see it for themselves when it arrives don't have to fear being spoiled constantly ;) There's the logic, at least that's my assumption.

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser8709

I don't hope that it stays open..

But I'd think with a spoiler tag that those who DON'T want to spoil a surprise will not open the spoiler...

And those eager to see what MAY be coming our way can take a peek without having to jump through hoops to get the information.

Maybe all spoilers should be in a dedicated spoiler thread to avoid accidental exposure to those wishing to be surprised?

I'm pretty happy with things on this server now... except the unbalanced limestone and alabaster... it's like only 10% of users have access to it... (maybe more, but exact numbers are hard to determine - in any event it's not available for trade between members of my neighborhood or is barely available in my guild of about 60 players...)

I have been stuck in the tech tree for a week because of it already, and it looks like 2-3 more weeks before I will have enough to pass out of early middle ages...

but, that's a problem for another thread (probably already covered by someone by now)

<EDIT> Thanks for the reply, Mutzena, quick and to the point... I had thought the spoiler tag would be sufficient. </EDIT>

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The problem is not in the fact that the information is secret, or that people have the choice to click spoiler tags.

The problem is that the information on the zz. server should stay there and not here because of the confusion it could cause, as things on the internationational servers are not identical with the things on the zz server. Too many times players have tried to "prove" things because of what they experienced on the zz. server, where it simply didn't apply here, and continued doing so even if they were told so.

That's why information from the zz server can get deleted here.

DeletedUser3157

Lol at all this non-sense. Everyhing I've ever seen here has come from zz and the constant "this game has nothing to do with zz and is completly different game all together" is utterly ridiculous and stupid, makes me laugh every time I hear it raised up again. And it got even more stupid few weeks ago when threads started getting closed for mentioning zz. Sry if I was too blunt, no disrespect intended I'm just finding it slightly amusing.

DeletedUser276

hint be polite.

I can explain why.. though its a bit long winded. There are tons of small reasons why I try to keep them separate but there are a couple of big reasons as well.

1. As stated some people just dont want to be spoiled.
-though as explained a spoiler tag could fix this so not a big reason this one. But some people are unawares and get one of three things. a) frustrated that a surprise was spoiled. b) overly excited and bugging staff non stop on when something is coming or telling people excitedly (not happilly) that the feature is buggy and ruining the excitement for others. c) completely indifferent. b option though has happened numerous times and I am tired of explaining that updates come to fix things... this is a beta run of the game etc.

2. Players are stealing other peoples posts and not declaring it as not theirs.
- I find this extremely rude. Each site is different. Yes 99% of the features are the same but the servers and sites are different. So we have competitions. I just had a guide competition. One of the entries actually took a guide posted by another player on another FoE server and posted it here under their own name. That to me is stealing in a way. This rule stops this from happening.

3. Players use other staff as weapons.
- I was told this on that server and your telling me something different. I get that a lot. Now I am not saying I am any more right than the other person thats talking but the boss that looks after me is the same boss that looks after the boss's from the other servers. I am not going to sit here and argue with players that the forum mod they talked to on whatever other server is a little mixed up in his info. This has happened tons and I dont like arguing. especially openly in the forums.

Now there are a few more things but I am running out of time right now. The mrs wants me to head out with her. But each one of these by themselves isnt that bad.... but adding them up along with the other reasons I may post later just makes things too much.

DeletedUser7719

I just wondering why it can't be mentioned somewhere when things are being tested/completed in zz (ex. the trade bug is gone/the use for duplicate BPs/the bug for the GB icon under the friend's tab is fixed) (as you can see, anything I have said will not disappoint anyone)

DeletedUser6965

hmm.. who want to bet, how long the post from byeordie over mine will stay uneditet? :D (correct word for "not edited"?)

Even if I posted serveral times information from the zz server and still think it's a good thing, to inform other players, I understand the reasons to don't post the information.

On zz server are a lot more bugs, some will appaer here, others are previously fixed. So someone could post here "this bug will come, because this is on zz" That could be true, but in some cases it's not. The same with some new features (but they are much less than bugs).

I think the best solution would be:
Everytime some players are discussing about something, and the answer is on zz, then we could write a post "if u want to know the newest information about that, take a look on what is tested on zz server" + link.

DeletedUser276

ok I got more time now to add to the previous post....

The next reason I dont really want discussion of other sites here is because people know we are more of the main site for FoE so they bring complaints from other servers here. We have had ban appeals, complaints on staff (not really founded complaints either), and questions about other servers. Its much easier just to say no than to say.... ok you can talk about this on other servers and not this. People dont look at it like that. While you may think your smart enough to know the difference believe me there are 10 people out there for every 1 of you that think you can handle that, that cant and say.... well they mentioned the other site why cant we.

that to me is one of the biggest reasons for this. Also when I close threads I really dont appreciate them being reopened without discussing it with me first. I do have the ability to listen objectively if someone wants it reopened IF they have something constructive to add, especially since the last post on this went massively off topic and it wasnt covered properly.

Lets leave with a few public chastisements shall we....

Lol at all this non-sense. Everyhing I've ever seen here has come from zz and the constant "this game has nothing to do with zz and is completly different game all together" is utterly ridiculous and stupid, makes me laugh every time I hear it raised up again. And it got even more stupid few weeks ago when threads started getting closed for mentioning zz. Sry if I was too blunt, no disrespect intended I'm just finding it slightly amusing.

I have already said that we share the same stuff... but I have also given reasons why. Pretty much in your post your calling my actions and decisions stupid. Not a great way to continue discussions in the forum mate. Please use your manners in the future and be respectful. I dont believe I have ever said anything demeaning or condescending about your actions publicly and as such I expect the same thing back.

hmm.. who want to bet, how long the post from byeordie over mine will stay uneditet? :D (correct word for "not edited"?)

challenge accepted :P posts like this is why threads are closed. as stated previously if you cant post respectively then maybe not post. Staff are human beings just like you are.

So lets be nice peoples. The reason in here is one of my bigger reasons why. You want to talk about zz then please do so in their forums not here. I am sure they would appreciate the traffic anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.