• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Dual Tech Trees

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3707

Give an Era two tech trees instead of one. When one tech tree is chosen, the other one is locked.

I love the environmental utopia of the latest Era. But why not allow players to choose a dystopia polluted Era? There would be new art for all the buildings.
It also doesn’t have to be a simple texture change. Goods/Supply building could me likely to cause Unhappiness (pollution), Military more potent, etc. The different split eras have a different feel in design, and strategy.
This doesn’t have to be applied for all Eras, just one or two.

Results:
Extends development of FoE. Making the game feel fresh and new even if all other development is exhausted.
Incentivises players to create more worlds to experience other tech trees.
Allows players to create the world that they want.

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
+1 This appeals to me as it opens up more possibilities and might even make the game more complicated and therefore more interesting.

DeletedUser2989

This would have been the perfect thing to do from the very start of the "future" eras, still it'd be something cool to see for new ones to come (existing ones probably can't be altered significantly at this point). +1 :)

DeletedUser15432

I also very much like this idea, you could also have different military units for the same age, therefore a +1 from for this idea

DeletedUser96901

one era: two tech trees
so double the buildings, troops, etc for that era and only half of it can used (8 houses, 10 different units, ... )
or only half of the normal amount of things you get in that era (2 houses, 2 or 3 units, ...)

why not using those techs for 2 eras

Incentivises players to create more worlds to experience other tech trees.
and a player who only has one world needs to play 2 or 3 years in a new world that he can unlock the other tech tree

if the game is split then please from the beginning
(like elvenar: you start as human or elv and that effects all buildings and units at all times of the game and not only in the last of 14 eras)

DeletedUser97922

Interesting idea. I agree with OT, I'll stay neutral for now :)

DeletedUser99692

Or how about a totally virtual created history in a new world a lot more of a challenge to seasoned players than staring the same boring tech tree in the next new world. An Aztec, Egyptian, or Mayan story line perhaps.

DeletedUser

Or how about a totally virtual created history in a new world a lot more of a challenge to seasoned players than staring the same boring tech tree in the next new world. An Aztec, Egyptian, or Mayan story line perhaps.
+1 great idea, however I guess it would imply a lot of work

DeletedUser107476

+1 Though would like this from start not just one or two eras

DeletedUser110255

-1 too complicated. the tech tree is the only thing that is laggy for me. having 2 will kill my computer

Galladhorn

Monarch

Sorry, but even the idea is generally a interesting one, locking down on tech tree would make it impossible to change your City if your should so choose to.
Already new players and even also far more experienced players are having some problems really "reading "the game to its full extend. E.G Thousans of players don´t get it right with the city layout vs expansions and some keep suffering til late Eras from the mistakes they made in the beginning.

Now imaginge to realize that you have choosen the complete wrong tech tree path with no chances to change it - I am guessing that some players would simply leave the game, since this game is very slow and the timeline very long. If the game would have been of much faster nature then yes - it would make good sense.

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord

Two types of techtrees means two types of everything including goods. Different goods give an impact on GvG and GE. Then what next? Neighbourhoods based on those techtree choices? GvG and GE based on that? Two different types of FoE? Guilds being divided based on those choices?

To many problems with no answer for them.

DeletedUser111790

+1 this idea makes the game more strategic even though more balancing will be required..

DeletedUser110679

+1 That's an awesome idea! Would really like to have more choices with researching and building. Currently, everything is pretty straight forward.

DeletedUser105579

+1. This would throw off new players though,so probably best not to mess with the earlier ages...perhaps from future era or from af2

Status
Not open for further replies.