• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Drummers!

DeletedUser97688

Less of a proper guide, much more of a tip/hint/advice/some such thing.

Drummers! Everybody's favourite unit, etc, etc.

A lot of people say that drummers are no good, and a lot of other people agree.

However! Don't despair! Drummers have a use!

Since they aren't much good in a typical battle, anybody with a drummer school and a Traz likely has many drummer units just hanging about bingeing on rat-packs. To use them up, and have a chnace of a decent batlle, points, etc - provided you have a decent amount of GB boosts - they can be used to attack Iron Age GvG!

(Obviously, if you are in BA or some such thing, they can just be used for attacking the hood...but this probably doesn't apply to you lot. 'Pologies.)

Just a thought.

DeletedUser

the only time i find them annoying is when my units deal 4-6 damage against units with 11 health

DeletedUser109329

I love my drummers. (No, Inno games is not paying me to write this;)
In fact I've named my drummers Kenny!

I find an army of seven plus a drummer is almost as strong as an army of eight when I play the battle game. This is in any age.
With a weak opponent I move my drummer to a far corner out of harms way. Here he can play his inspirational battle rhythms to my men.
If I am faced with a strong opponent, I sacrifice my drummer I move him to the center of the bord. It uses up two shots from the AI. (They killed Kenny!)

It's very seldom that my battles are lost for playing the drummer instead of another type of soldier.

On another note, the drummer school offers a 4% city defense bonus.

Dear Inno games,
I would spend the diamonds to open up all my drummer training slots, if for example, each opened slot added 3% to city defense. You might also consider having the drummer school give a small support pool bonus too.

Last edited by a moderator: