• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Draw territorial borders on GvG map menu thing

Surge

Brigadier-General
Proposal: Draw the borders of the territories of different guilds when on the big screen selecting all the different age guild wars.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? None are posted.

Reason: It's just for aesthetics. It has low urgency but I think it'll look good.

Details: Either give every guild a specific unique color that is distinguishable from others and track their territories accordingly or just make the borders between guilds very noticeable. Sectors under siege will not be outlined by the besieger. A guild only receives a color once they nab their first hex.

Visual Aids: Here's a quick MS Paint thing I drew in my spare half hour.

RGouw8K.png

Balance: Pffft.

Abuse Prevention: Color blind mode?

Summary: Show differing territories on the main map thing for GvG.

DeletedUser7719

I don't hate the idea, but it feels like this couldn't be implemented just because of the amount of colors that would be used. Some provinces hold up to 20 guilds, so this will have 20 colors which may end up being hard to try to distinguish the difference between 2 specific colors/borders

I also had an idea that would outline this problem/improvement, but I'm waiting for other ideas to be implemented first ;)

Btw,
Balance: Pffft.
lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Surge

Brigadier-General
Anyways, I don't hate the idea, but it feels like this couldn't be implemented just because of the amount of colors that would be used. Some provinces hold up to 20 guilds, so this will have 20 colors which may end up being hard to try to distinguish the difference between 2 specific colors

I also had an idea that would outline this problem/improvement, but I'm waiting for other ideas to be implemented first ;)

I guess you're right, but I did mention you can delineate the borders. Maybe a really bright line across clashing borders or something. At the moment, I only have 12 guilds, and when I was drawing this I was running out of color options for different guilds, so yeah there is a viable alternative that could be necessary.

About the balance thing, I usually do this kind of thing whenever I suggest an idea that doesn't change the game at all. The commas in numbers one, for example. It also had some great puns in the other posts too!

DeletedUser7719

There are, ironically, borders on the province map. They would feel a bit more useful on the continent map if you ask me ;)

DeletedUser1081

The colours wouldn't need to be unique, just enough to distinguish guilds from their neighbours. Five colours suffice on real-world maps so I reckon five would suffice here. I'm in favour of anything that would make the maps look less like rotting meat. The colours used now are hideous.

DeletedUser15432

I also quite like this idea and would like to see it implement +1 from me

DeletedUser4089

I see this as a six-sided idea with 6 good points.

+6 from me.

Hexes

DeletedUser96867

-1 from me, not sure it would really accomplish anything.

Personally i thought it would be nice to be able to see which sectors belonging to my guild were under attack, and which ones we were attacking by just looking at the gvg continent map, perhaps by making those sectors a different color. It's time consuming with the lag, bugs, and gvg crashes to open each gvg province map just to see if something is going on. As gvg progresses it's becoming more maintenance intensive in terms of watching for sieges and replacing npc damaged armies than actually participating in gvg in an active enjoyable way. I would suggest a feature like this would be of a more useful nature, but implementation of distinct guild colors for their sectors would hinder the ability to add this feature in the future.

Surge

Brigadier-General
The colours wouldn't need to be unique, just enough to distinguish guilds from their neighbours. Five colours suffice on real-world maps so I reckon five would suffice here. I'm in favour of anything that would make the maps look less like rotting meat. The colours used now are hideous.

I see your point but the problem is that certain guilds have empires on two corners with a gap between them. It's rare, but it's found three times on HMA A world. I am not sure if five colors would be fine. But maybe the devs can code an algorithm about placing different colors between different guilds within proximity or whatever. Oh wait, they wouldn't have time. They were so busy with GvG they didn't have time to change the stats on Space Needle, so that might not be implemented.