• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Downward spiral

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Turn 1: (I will never plunder neighbours)

Turn 2: "Hello neighbours, I'm only attacking you for a quest!"

Turn 3: "Neighbours, I attacked you, but did not take any of your stuff."

Turn 4: Attack them, take goods, but return a forge point to their great building as a form of compensation

Turn 5: (Feeling guilty. Some neighbours seem to have become inactive.)

Turn 6: (To attack or not to attack? Maybe just selectively. Start from the high-ranking ones in tournament. They attack others, too!)

Turn 7: I need stones! Can't find any in the market! Attack everyone looking for stone! -- Result: attacked all neighbours but only found 2 non-boosted stone masons.

Last edited:

DeletedUser112745

You're far too kind.

1. Attack neighbours. Plunder their good stuff. Come back later of they have a tasty looking building that isn't ready to plunder from yet.

2. Laugh at and ignore their messages asking me not to plunder them.

3. Attack and plunder them again the next day.

4. Laugh at and decline their friend request in an attempt to get me to stop.

5. Be a little bit richer in medals by the end of the week thanks to the PvP tower.

Genghis Khan, Attila the Hun and Vlad the Impaler never got anywhere by being nice. :P

(At lower ages, some accounts aren't as active as higher ages, because some people just join the world to check it out for a bit to see if they like it/the guilds. Then set the city to delete if they don't fancy that world).

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
No.

Plundering is bad. Plundering is wrong. Plunderers should feel guilty, and should not feel proud of their plundering.

It is possible to plunder (say "physically") but it is not (should not be) a natural, "of course" thing to do (or not a "must").

The game starts with neighbours helping out one another, and don't forget, trading with one another, too.

The all of a sudden, 180° U-turn, you started attacking them.

That is a big line to cross. A chasm.

I believe that all new players started playing in a nice way. It is possible that they left because they are plundered.

There are the people trying to help, minding whether one another have "complementary" resources/goods (you have these two types and I have those two types) and worrying about contributors to their Great Buildings should have no rewards in return (similarly, when contributing, thinking "hey, someone already in the rewarding spots, I better not jump the line, which is not nice...)

And then, there are also people trying to seize every oppotunity to take advantage of others -- let's call them "the plunderers" in the general sense... thinking of others "I win... you suck... and it's your fault!..."

Finally, the above two kinds of people are mixed together, with no barriers (no line) in between? then from the overall the game is Chaos, it is a mess.

SO, in my initial post, I was being "squeamish" but I was trying to capture a "supercritical" "reflection" ("deflection" / "turning") point (or line).

I noticed an invisible but huge distinction line. And I took a "screenshot". Because I knew, soon along the downward spiral path, when being morally evil become second nature, I myself would soon find the former me "unthinkable" ("What was I thinking? I can't remember. And I can't understand!")

Does it sound crazy, no. I am rational. People playing this game are all crazy, because they are like "I help you; no, I attack you; no, I help you; no, I attack you; no, I help you; no, I attack you; no, I help you; no, I attack you..." on and on; in the same way as fluctuating betwen "He loves me; he loves me not; he loves me; he loves me not; he loves me; he loves me not; he loves me; he loves me not; ..."

Right?

Last edited:

DeletedUser110531

Usually people are more certain about what they want to do than that. I understand your point but everyone has their own reasons for plundering, everyone does it at least once and everyone gets plundered at least once. It happens to me a few times a week, I don't complain about it I understand that the fault is with me because I let my guard down.

In the early ages it actually makes more sense to plunder, there are more players that do not have a defending army and they often leave their productions uncollected.

DeletedUser101009

No.

Plundering is bad. Plundering is wrong. Plunderers should feel guilty, and should not feel proud of their plundering.

Right?

If you don't want to plunder/be plundered I suggest Farmville lol. Far too many people put up 2 spearfighters as a defence and leave everything uncollected for far too long. Anyone without full defence probably has a 100% of losing something if I attack and I make no apologies for it. Yes I do plunder regularly and yes I have been attacked and at times plundered although not too often nowadays.

Those whinging and whining about being plundered either need to offer up a full defence or collect their stuff on time (I mean 24 hours+ of it being there is just plain lazy).

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Sorry. It was just me, trying Very Hard to say something... anything. Now if I try a little harder, I'm sure I'll have something to say...

Actually, I originally visited the forum with a new idea. I looked at the "New Idea" section and there are many prerequisites. For example, "has the idea already been suggested by others before?" Well, how do I know that? I tried a search and the results are many, and unorgnized.

So I gave up the idea. I looked around, mmm, a Soap Square.... "It should work like a luxurious toilet," I thought. "My dump can be flushed away in no time."

Last edited:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Then I have a second brilliant idea.

The first idea is not worth mentioning by now because I already found it self-contradictory. But anyway, it is that "the plundered player should be able to switch to manual defence if they are online the moment someone plunder them" -- I now already see how that does not concord fit the existing fight mechamisms because apparently the defending army is there "to be defeated 10 times" and it is not one on one. Theoretically multiple players can be plundering another player at the same time, so...

My second idea is that a buildings that have large body of water in it (for example the Grand Bridge and the something-Market that is in the same set) should be connected to a river that leads to the sea. Presently, the water (pond) does not look right. Where does the water come from? It's strange. The entire city is on dry land. Without a river, a waterway, one can only guess the water comes from underground. Also, there appears to be a ship docked in the "Gondola Dock Market". Without a river, where can the ship go? If the entire city is floating on water, are we already in Oceanic Future, even though it is actually only Bronze Age or Iron Age?8-)

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Sorry again. I have gone too far off the topic by talking about totally unrelated things even though this is the off-topic section. Let me make up by returning to the topic of plundering.

I just realized something: if your city comprises all goods buildings, meaning you are the so-called "farmer", then everything will be fine. But if you have built a lot of military buildings, which I just did, and used up all supplies in the process, then there is a problem. The problem is that there is only a limited number of province sectors to conquer, and only a limited number of GE encounters to solve. Without plundering, your armies would stay idle and become pure waste!

I plan to replace the military infrastructure back with goods facilities. But before then, there seems to be only one way to earn back my initial investment into constructions, which way involves my precious neighbourhood...