• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Double-collecting GB

• Thread starter DeletedUser101577
  • Start date

DeletedUser101577

Hi there. Since i built my first GB, i noticed that when it levels, you get a chance to double collect whatever that GB is making. The minute i noticed that, i noticed how some players are leveling someone else`s GBs, most of the time trying to help, but instead, they make more damage. At first i did not care. I was not losing fps, or something important, just few goods. So i was ok with that. Then it completely stopped. It was working perfect. But last few months was insane. I lost countless numbers of fps, goods etc. and i am only 1M point player. I cannot imagine amount stronger players lost and i know that happens to them too. So i think we can discus and maybe find solution here. Its pretty big problem here in Dinegu, i don`t know how is it in other worlds, but its pretty tough. If anyone has an idea, it would be good to say it.

DeletedUser111589

If a player fills 70% or more of a level on GB, I'm fine with them leveling my GB

DeletedUser101577

Well that is never a case. No one will just all of a sudden put, i don`t know, 700 fps just to help you.

DeletedUser111589

I'm a newer player (kind of) on one of worlds I play I have dropped hundreds of FP (on the course of many days) in multiple Babels. More often than not I had filled more than 90% of bar (few times it happened I filled it 100% once and then second time as well).

Its not enjoyable at all being unable to get that last BP.

I don't know about you serious, ancient ones with great buildings crossing lv 10, but I don't keep much of a track for GB collection time. I'm aware of double dip loss but I find it troublesome to keep track as not every GB is collected at the same time.

DeletedUser110179

I don't know about you serious, ancient ones with great buildings crossing lv 10, but I don't keep much of a track for GB collection time. I'm aware of double dip loss but I find it troublesome to keep track as not every GB is collected at the same time.
All GBs have a 24-hr collection cycle except Alcatraz which is influenced by your Guild Level
(Mighty Avengers on East Nagach have achieved Level 70 on the EN servers) .
Once you have them in-sync, it's easy to collect on all of them together. If you double-collect (@ leveling) ... the sync is maintained.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111351

@Ilela
Well first, over time they will all sync whether you are trying to or not. All it takes is 1 day of too-busy real life and everything is synced. Or server maintenance/problems not allowing login. Or simply the ebb and flow from the 24-hour drift. It takes a very serious and dedicated player to prevent sync from happening over not too long of time.

@Richard IV Undefeat
Now, as to the "problem" of leveling GB early, I've heard it said elsewhere of people intentionally "attacking" players in the form of preventing double-dipping by leveling their GB. In a game that allows plundering and other direct pvp attacks, this is as valid as any other. Anything you do to "fix" this takes away your opponents right to cause it.

Frankly, as much as I like to maximize my return in games like this one, the fretting over double-dipping is more than I'm willing to worry about. Is a 10 FP loss in a day noticeable? Absolutely. Is that same 10 FP loss noticeable over the time scale of a week, a month, a year? Not so much. The loss is a one-time hit. The GB boost is a continual gain. All one-time effects are negligible in the long run. If you are leveling GBs fast enough that you are losing 10 FP every single day from loss of double-dipping then you are making so many FP that even 10 a day is a fairly negligible amount.

None of this even takes into account whether or not one ever accidentally overlooks a GB that is ready to level and doesn't double collect at first opportunity. Then one can begin to actually lose out on gains because it didn't get auto-leveled for them.

Either way, can it be frustrating to feel like you could have had more? Sure. Should you berate or de-friend someone over it? I suppose that's up to you. Some people will continue to do it because they want to attack you, some because they don't know better, and some because it's too much hassle for them to bother. The third group is the one you have the best chance of fixing. If you want to take a stance, try to get Inno to actually allow typing in a number of FP to donate. It's so much easier to click that donate all button then it is to click donate 1 over and over to get the exact amount. (not to mention lag can play a big trick there as the game isn't caught up with itself and so click 1 last time only to eventually see 2 go in)

DeletedUser5180

Many players have an arc of level 80 or above which gives a 1.9 return on fp rewards

Many gbs at around levels 35-50 give a profit on top spot if your arc is level 80 or above, so if a player spots a gb in this category close to levelling they will level it so they can instantly take top spot on the next level and make a profit (often as much as 100 fps) and do not care if the owner loses the chance to 'double dip'

Simple solution if this happens is make sure the next level takes an age to level meaning their fps are tied up for a long time

DeletedUser110195

and do not care if the owner loses the chance to 'double dip'
Well I guess it depends on whether the owner of that GB cares that they do not care, because in order to do that one must be a friend, and if my high end friends did that, they wouldn't be friends for long. Though I suppose if you yourself are high end...you have neighbors who will do that but eff them.

DeletedUser110179

Simple solution if this happens is make sure the next level takes an age to level meaning their fps are tied up for a long time
Lol ... I guess snipers are a help and a hinderance .
If sniping is a total problem you can disconnect the road to your GB or simply remove that person from your friends list .

That said, having a "friend" with a high level Arc increases the value of your city and reduces the number of fps you need to level your GBs (so, ultimately, you level faster). You could also write to your sniper and improve the relationship so that you have more control on precedings and he is more involved in the process of developing your city.

A little "wild" sniping can positively impact your city and your game ... snipers are good ... be happy .

Sniping 400px.jpg

DeletedUser110195

If they actually constructed contraptions like that in order to snipe from the safety of a trench then they had way too much time on their hands and should've been building a better mortar.

DeletedUser111351

Uh, if someone wants to stop me from double-dipping and in doing so also donates more than 50% of my GB's next level, I'm perfectly fine with it. How many days quicker will my GB level again, and in doing so eventually earn me more than I lost.

As for that sniper shot, better have very little recoil. Angular momentum is a nasty force to reckon with.

Bob2965

Private
Just been accused of being unfriendly and stopping someone double collecting. Only been playing a few weeks so no idea what it means, that’s why I looked it up here. Still not clear. Do know one thing, if you are that serious dont hang around in Iron Age with people who are just learning the game.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
Double collecting is when you collect some great building and immediately level it. When you do so, it pops its production again, for new level. For example, if you had Lighthouse at 1, it produced 8 goods, and when you leveled, it produced another 9. So you basically had 2 daily collections instead of one, that's why it's called *double* collecting.
Now when someone levels it mid day, and you haven't logged in until your collection time, you would miss those first 8 goods. It doesn't seem much, but there are much bigger great buildings, you can cost up to one hundred fp (and sometimes even beyond) on some.

P.S. Nice necro, lol.